Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
This series is causing a good deal of angst among opponent fan bases and within their own fan bases :) Passion n sensitivities everywhere. Can't imagine if goes 7 ;)
Best team will win the series.

Does Windsor come home tied up or looking at needing a 3 game winning streak to advance?

Any1 know if the quality of the CHL stream from Flint is good?

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
This series is causing a good deal of angst among opponent fan bases and within their own fan bases :) Passion n sensitivities everywhere. Can't imagine if goes 7 ;)
Best team will win the series.

Does Windsor come home tied up or looking at needing a 3 game winning streak to advance?

Any1 know if the quality of the CHL stream from Flint is good?
The quality of the CHL stream in Flint is good, the play-by-play guy needs to stop yelling. We listen to the opponents audio.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
My mistake still food for thought based upon how people view things.
Agree with you for once lol maybe a new beginning,course it takes 2
Regarding Miedema and the rookie list the 16 yr old forward had 38 points this year in 65 games which was 2nd amongst 16 year old forwards and D
Of those 38 points,30 were at even strength 10G,20A,4PPG,3PPA,1SHA
As well he had the most even strength points for those listed.
Calumet Ritchie for Oshawa had the most points 45 in 65 games, 19G,26A,
however he had 10G,13A on the PP,and only 9G,13A at even strength.
Nick Landis scored 37 points with 29 at even strength 14G,15A
Luca Pinelli had 36 points,25 points at even strength, 9G,16A.
Quinton Musty for Sudbury had 31 points,25 at even strength, 11G,14A,though he missed 18 games
And dman Cam Allen for Guelph put up 37 points,13G,24A,7G,10A on the PP,but only 20 points at even strength interestingly 6G,14A.
As you and others can see Miedema put up solid numbers especially at even strength for the season,think some of the critics have been too harsh for a kid still learning his way at 16.
Does he have weaknesses yes,are they correctable yes,has he at times struggled during the recent playoffs yes he has but then so has guys like Maggio,D'amico,heck Johnston only had 7 points in the 6 game series vs Sarnia,and in the last 8 games he has 20 points.
I think in Miedema will be just fine and I look forward to seeing his development over the next couple or 3 seasons,all part of the process.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Drop the couple bucks to check out the 2 OHL games tonight.
Tape the Avs/Blues.
Hockey night fun with no personal investment.

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
No one said anything about offside. It's Terry clearly clearing the puck like 4-5 seconds into the video with the delayed penalty.
"When the team to be penalized gains control of the puck, the Referee will blow his whistle to stop play and impose the penalty on the offending player."

This is directly from the OHL rule book. When exactly did Flint gain control of the puck? It's not when they make contact, it's when they gain control. There was no missed call on that goal, just a poor understanding of the rules. Glad I could help clear that up for you.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
"When the team to be penalized gains control of the puck, the Referee will blow his whistle to stop play and impose the penalty on the offending player."

This is directly from the OHL rule book. When exactly did Flint gain control of the puck? It's not when they make contact, it's when they gain control. There was no missed call on that goal, just a poor understanding of the rules. Glad I could help clear that up for you.

Interpretation.... so are you saying a player that shoots a one timer is not in control of a puck or where it's going?
Is there a 1, 2, or 3 second rule it must be on your stick? Just curious.

Reactions: MJ5 and windsor7

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I said before the game... you see officials on the sheet, you know it's goign to be odd. I rest my case.
They r not professional.
They r never consistent.
How about Windsor just stop giving the refs something to call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad