Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread, Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I guess it depends on what their other options were. They didn't give up much for McS and he fills a niche role for the playoffs. I was kind of expecting him to start stuff yesterday, too.

As for D'Amico - he's not going to score 25-30 but he'll play a solid two-way game, brings energy, and experience. Again, without knowing who was available at the deadline, it's tough to say "we could have gotten better." That's not necessarily the case. I like what he brings... as long as your expectations aren't too high.

Are expectations ever high???

FireBall959

Apr 11, 2015
As for D'Amico - he's not going to score 25-30 but he'll play a solid two-way game, brings energy, and experience. Again, without knowing who was available at the deadline, it's tough to say "we could have gotten better." That's not necessarily the case. I like what he brings... as long as your expectations aren't too high.

Why are your expectations low for D'Amico/ He scored 21 goals in 2018-19 and 23 goals in 2019-20, so why is it unrealistic to expect 25-30 as an O/A. For most of us the disappointment isn't in the ability of D'Amico but in the inconsistency in his play. He's played a different game this year and imo he seems to be more effective when he gets involved in the play, especially in the checking department, like he played in previous years.

After the first 20 minutes of play Friday I defintely didn't expect us to be able to get 5pts this weekend so really pleased how the came back and played. I'm hoping the game yesterday is the final piece this team needed to take that next step. London forced them to play a full 60min and they responded and really played a team game. It was a real treat watching yesterday, couldn't take your eyes off the players even after whistles there was so much going on. Fun time.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Are expectations ever high???

Depends on the topic......

Why are your expectations low for D'Amico/ He scored 21 goals in 2018-19 and 23 goals in 2019-20, so why is it unrealistic to expect 25-30 as an O/A.

My CURRENT expectations are lower for him. He's not as offensive this season, but bringing intangibles, so my goal expectations are more 20ish.

FireBall959

Apr 11, 2015
My CURRENT expectations are lower for him. He's not as offensive this season, but bringing intangibles, so my goal expectations are more 20ish.
So you agree he hasn't met your expectations you had coming in and have lowered them? Correct? So you can see where we're coming from. I like D'Amico, when he plays his game, strong 2-way hard on the forecheck. I feel if he played that way most nights we might be talking 25-30, but he hasn't. he is a very important player for us to add that secondary scoring and maybe solidify some line combos, but only if he plays hard every night.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
He is under pace then his 50 pts in 61 games 2019-20. Plus/minus is a 10 pt swing swing as well from 2019-20. A few consistent efforts could put him on pace but he has to pull his own socks up to do so.

Reactions: windsor7 and stips

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
So you agree he hasn't met your expectations you had coming in and have lowered them? Correct? So you can see where we're coming from. I like D'Amico, when he plays his game, strong 2-way hard on the forecheck. I feel if he played that way most nights we might be talking 25-30, but he hasn't. he is a very important player for us to add that secondary scoring and maybe solidify some line combos, but only if he plays hard every night.
The most impressive part of the weekend is that they scored 17 goals and the top 3 of Cuylee, Johnston and Maggio only contributed 2. They will get going again (either separate or on the same line). But when they go in a mini slump, there is plenty of other scoring.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

I was hoping for 20-25 coming into the season but will be happy for 20 overall. He wasn't going to be relied on to score so my expectations dropped given his role. Which is why I appreciate the intangibles more. IF he was a top-line guy alongside Cuylle/Johnston and was struggling to get to 20, that's a whole other game.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
The most impressive part of the weekend is that they scored 17 goals and the top 3 of Cuylee, Johnston and Maggio only contributed 2. They will get going again (either separate or on the same line). But when they go in a mini slump, there is plenty of other scoring.

Agree scoring not an issue with this when some of the big guys don't,last 6 games Spits are 4-1-0-1,Cuylle missed 3 due to suspension, has gone goalless in his last 3,Johnston and Maggio have 5 combined, 24 goals by rest of the team
As well Spits are now 8-1-1-1 in their last 11 and have scored 51 goals,a 4.64 average per game,and that is with leading goal scorer at the beginning of the 11 games Cuylle having only 2 goals in the 8 games he played.
This depth filled lineup probably the reason why Windsor of the last 11 are 4-1-1-1 against London, SSM, Flint and Guelph, the other top teams in the conference,with the 7-1 game at Guelph the only loss in regulation against those top clubs.

Last edited:
Reactions: DetSpitsFan

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
And Johnston’s was an EN goal. Soo really they only earned 1 goal

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I was hoping for 20-25 coming into the season but will be happy for 20 overall. He wasn't going to be relied on to score so my expectations dropped given his role. Which is why I appreciate the intangibles more. IF he was a top-line guy alongside Cuylle/Johnston and was struggling to get to 20, that's a whole other game.

:huh:

Reactions: FireBall959

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
Do you think Logan Mailloux got consent before dropping the gloves with Zito? :naughty:

scokan

Nov 23, 2009
southern ontario

ya impressive indeed, now imagine how many more they would have scored if McDonald was still on the team

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
Sometimes life tees one up for you Teflon, and you gotta swing. :DD I thought it was a whooping, but you're entitled to disagree. Mailloux came in hard with the crosschecks but finished face down in the snow, it was truly beautiful to behold.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Cmon it wasn’t a whooping. Yes he beat him but it was quick and done.
Really Five, you don’t post in ages and that’s what you come out with?!?
More to it from a personal side but that stuff happens too.
Well Zito won fairly convincingly but he did drop his gloves with his back almost still turned to Mailloux and got the jump on him. They were pretty much straight up for a sec though. As far as karma goes, am I wrong in understanding there was some lady who wanted to perform certain said acts with Logan but was upset Logan snapped some pics/filmed it without her knowing about it and shared them? Just a “yes” or “no, you’re mistaken” answer will do so this doesn’t turn into a mess here.

Reactions: aresknights

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
no idea or do I care

You made the statement...
"I hear this goes a little deeper than what you think" without knowing what I think or know. I just asked ya cause you made the claim.
Then you say no idea, so why would you make the claim? Hyperbole?
So much for dialogue I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad