Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Wow that’s a haul for a rental player. Hammy is all in lol. I’m not convinced he’s worth that. Bowler is all in no switching up now. He really needs to use those last 2 cards now tho lol.

Reactions: member 71782

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Wow that’s a haul for a rental player. Hammy is all in lol. I’m not convinced he’s worth that. Bowler is all in no switching up now. He really needs to use those last 2 cards now tho lol.

What does owners "let" him do?..

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Hamilton really hasn't been shy when it comes time to contend. Back in 18 they acquired Thomas/Moore/Stillman/Mattinen/Landry. It cost them McMichael/McCourt/Webb and a load of picks but they won the OHL. They have turned it over real quick.

McTavish is worth it imo terrific rookie year, did well in limited time in the Swiss League playing against men and he's filling the net is his return to Peterborough.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
If Onuska is going to be the backup the Spits should give some thought to moving Downey. He's in his draft year, he has been ok but the team liked Tovell just as much to the extent of him getting as much time as Downey when Medina was out. They may have to play a lot of games in a short span but if you have cards to use and someone wants your 3rd string goalie you make a move.

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
If Onuska is going to be the backup the Spits should give some thought to moving Downey. He's in his draft year, he has been ok but the team liked Tovell just as much to the extent of him getting as much time as Downey when Medina was out. They may have to play a lot of games in a short span but if you have cards to use and someone wants your 3rd string goalie you make a move.

You going to keep 2 goalies as OA next year

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Hamilton really hasn't been shy when it comes time to contend. Back in 18 they acquired Thomas/Moore/Stillman/Mattinen/Landry. It cost them McMichael/McCourt/Webb and a load of picks but they won the OHL. They have turned it over real quick.

McTavish is worth it imo terrific rookie year, did well in limited time in the Swiss League playing against men and he's filling the net is his return to Peterborough.
They done that for sure! He’s worth it ONLY if he’s back next year or they win a mem cup. Imho. That’s a tall order.

Oct 3, 2019
Can anyone explain to me why Abraham is playing centre? He’s 5,8” on a good day and fast. Why wouldn’t you play him on the wing?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
What was the problem with Downey that we needed to acquire Onuska?

I was a bit surprised with that move as well. Unless there is another one coming. Price was good but used a card and I can't see him being any better than Downey.
Never really established himself as a reliable BUG in London ( thou opportunities were scarce )
Came in with a decent resume thou, I think.
Maybe he can turn it around.

Looks like Spits in another high scoring game?

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Only for depth I think. Didn’t want to give up on X. Something up with goalie group tho. Coach was let go very quietly, issues with X, poor outings since from all of them…. Wilson is a very good goalie coach I’d love to hear the real reason.

Reactions: member 71782

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Only for depth I think. Didn’t want to give up on X. Something up with goalie group tho. Coach was let go very quietly, issues with X, poor outings since from all of them…. Wilson is a very good goalie coach I’d love to hear the real reason.

Ya I was a little surprised to hear he was let go.

Reactions: Teflon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad