Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
It's not thinking the worst, it's preparing for the worst.

We've both seen teams that haven't done enough. We've both seen teams with assets left that had a major injury or two ruin their post deadline season. We've both seen teams rely on players/youth that were extremely talented but weren't ready to be major contributors come the playoffs.

You want kids on the first line. You're not worried about shoring up areas when they have the cars, assets and needs.

You know what it takes and what can go wrong and regardless of what Windsor has spent you're not concerned about them doing all they can to get as far as possible.

You know you build for a Memorial Cup, not to simply compete against 4 other teams in your conference.

If this is all Bowler does I've already said it, this team doesn't get out of the second round and I think you know that's more likely to happen then them getting to the tournament.

At least you get to say to all the "negatrons" on here that no one can complain about them not winning a playoff round anymore, that's a bonus for you.

Some of it has to do with cognitive dissonance. Easily explaining away things even in the face of things that run contrary to that. The upside is that they have 2 games this week which will be a good measuring stick (unfortunately not on tv). Pretty important that the Spits grab at least 3 points.

Reactions: member 71782

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Why aren't the two games in the SOO on TV? That's 3 straight Spits games not being shown on TV. What is going on? They still living in the early 90's in the SOO?

Reactions: Cherrydon

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
I agree that Zito's suspension is over, error on my part. Here's the Tweet.

If Zito is out because of a possible trade, there better be 2 forwards coming back.

Steve Bell
@Beller800

·
8h
I believe everyone is available with the exception of Zito.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Why aren't the two games in the SOO on TV? That's 3 straight Spits games not being shown on TV. What is going on? They still living in the early 90's in the SOO?

The games were originally supposed to happen so not sure why they got changed. That said... SSM is VERY 80s/90s, as a city. It feels like you're stepping into a time machine and I love it. Hopefully I'll get back there this season.

Reactions: three dog night

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
The games were originally supposed to happen so not sure why they got changed. That said... SSM is VERY 80s/90s, as a city. It feels like you're stepping into a time machine and I love it. Hopefully I'll get back there this season.

It's the oldest city in Ontario (1668), not a lot of people know that. The downtown especially still gives off that vibe with all of the stone buildings.

Reactions: three dog night

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Stillman is a bust. Product of dad

product of Dad, obviously; bust, no. Just don’t expect a player as good as Othmann because of being a 1st round NHL pick. The wolves are a very flawed, poorly assembled team.

member 71782

I agree that Zito's suspension is over, error on my part. Here's the Tweet.

If Zito is out because of a possible trade, there better be 2 forwards coming back.

Steve Bell
@Beller800

·
8h
I believe everyone is available with the exception of Zito.

I don't know how to take this or how everyone else is taking this.

Was this supposed to mean he's not ready to go for the game or the trip?

Is this also Bell just messing with the fans a bit with no other information currently available?

I would be SHOCKED if Zito's traded. The kid can do it all and is only a 2003.

I agree, it would be shocking if he were traded.

If he was to be traded though it would have to be for a very big name or two coming back but don't see it happening.

Zito has had his moments contributing on the scoresheet but he's been inconsistent there as well. He's also a contributor in other areas that all teams like to have.

I doubt he's moving and for all we know Bell could have been messing around. Everyone could have been getting on the bus, ready to go and Zito was still coming down the hall.

Oct 3, 2019

Is this also Bell just messing with the fans a bit with no other information currently available?

If he was to be traded though it would have to be for a very big name or two coming back but don't see it happening.

Zito has had his moments contributing on the scoresheet but he's been inconsistent there as well. He's also a contributor in other areas that all teams like to have.

I doubt he's moving and for all we know Bell could have been messing around. Everyone could have been getting on the bus, ready to go and Zito was still coming down the hall.

i did hear a month ago that he wanted out, not sure tho

Travis Bickle 77

Feb 11, 2020
Was really looking forward to watching the games this weekend......but once again Northern Ontario disappoint's! Damn you Shaw Media! :laugh:

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit

I would be very surprized if Bell was messing around. It would be a first for him. Zito could be sick or it could be an other reason

member 71782

Regardless of what does or does not transpire between now and Monday at noon as of now Windsor has two games in the SOO tonight and tomorrow, barring anymore last minute postponements.

Time to see, or at least hear how the new additions look as part of the roster. The SOO has yet to make any recent additions beyond Tynan before the break so they'll have a roster that is familiar with each other. Windsor is going to have to get through the adjustment period pretty quickly to get the win tonight.

The SOO is currently sitting 1st in the conference with Windsor and Flint sitting 6 points back, Windsor with 3 games in hand and Flint with 2. The good thing for Windsor is if they can get the win tonight and hopefully tomorrow they will make up 4 points and still have those 3 games in hand.

Windsor's last game was almost 2 weeks ago so hopefully the added break helped to clear up any lingering injuries and everyone is healthy and good to go. Time to make up for that 6 - 3 loss to Kitchener in that last game and get going on a second half streak.

With 2 cards remaining I'm sure there'll be a couple of anxious players these next two games but most should realize their jobs are safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad