Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I was hoping to watch the Soo/Windsor game.
It looks like Rogers has Centre Ice package available (free promo) , but the only game I found is NB at Barrie. I'll double check to see if Windsor game is on.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Little thing I just noticed - one of the Hounds was sniffing around Medina, so DeAngelis and Abraham came over. Currie then comes over, goes in front of both his teammates, and gives the "what you gonna do?" look. He's not a big scrapper but he's shown speed, solid skating, and now a willingness to engage.

Reactions: Wolvesfan82

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
5-2 Windsor final. Maggio into the EN to seal it.

Another tilt as the clock winds down - Mignosa and O'Flaherty go, though not much involved.

These teams aren't fans of each other. Tomorrow should be fun.

member 71782

Missed about half the game but what I heard sounded like the team played well.

Johnston with a goal and 3 assists.

Come back tomorrow and do it all again.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Great result. Obviously pent up frustration. 4 fights in 1 game. Old school tomorrow should be interesting. Johnston another big game. Still a couple of days for potential roster tweaking to the trade deadline.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Entertaining game, dominating performance.
Spits' coaching staff wanted the big lines to go head to head, and it was a smart decision as Johnston, Cuylle and Maggio more than held their own.
Soo prides itself on their team speed, and they often have 4 players join the rush. That's high risk, high reward if you ask me. That might work against Sudbury and others, but against the better teams, it leaves them vulnerable on D, leading to odd man rushes against. It also leaves them vulnerable to the stretch pass (cf. Abraham's goal). Bookmark that Medina save at 4:48 (2nd period), possible turning point? Great effort against a very good team. I can't think of one thing to criticize about the Spits, and I'm a Knights' fan!

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Entertaining game, dominating performance.
Spits' coaching staff wanted the big lines to go head to head, and it was a smart decision as Johnston, Cuylle and Maggio more than held their own.
Soo prides itself on their team speed, and they often have 4 players join the rush. That's high risk, high reward if you ask me. That might work against Sudbury and others, but against the better teams, it leaves them vulnerable on D, leading to odd man rushes against. It also leaves them vulnerable to the stretch pass (cf. Abraham's goal). Bookmark that Medina save at 4:48 (2nd period), possible turning point? Great effort against a very good team. I can't think of one thing to criticize about the Spits, and I'm a Knights' fan!

Excellent points

Looking for to tomorrow s game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: