Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Tynan played very well here. He's a bit unorthodox but he stopped the puck and that's kind of what counts.

Agreed Tynan played well here especially the 1st when Windsor outshot the Hounds 19-5,scored twice and easily could have been 4 or 5 zip after 1.
Got them the 1 point for sure.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Battle stat aside what is going to happen after the holidays are done? I'm not talking trades I'm talking just about playing games. Likely posed to get much uglier before it turns around again. Ughh I hope this kind of ground hog day does not repeat itself.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Talking with a SSM players dad, Tynan has been very good, it's the D that has kept them down. And he has seen all their games n a few live. Not just stat watching.
I like Tynan esp. for the price paid. Hard working kid n great comeback story. Easy to cheer for him.
If SSM can get their D situation figured out (heard the GM came down during an intermission recently n tore into them) they are my fav. In the West.
Windsor, Guelph, London in the next group
But as mentioned the post deadline is where we will see who is who in the zoo.

You might want to take a look at the

Hounds forum re Tynan.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
You might want to take a look at the

Hounds forum re Tynan.

Na, I'll go by the parent n their viewings. And the info about the GM tearing a strip off the D during a game which is rare.
You know as well as any1 some will over exaggerate the positives or negatives on a forum lol. Some will call it down the middle. Even a Spits poster was positive in their viewing of him.
Easy kid to cheer for after what he went thru.

Reactions: windsor7

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Na, I'll go by the parent n their viewings. And the info about the GM tearing a strip off the D during a game which is rare.
You know as well as any1 some will over exaggerate the positives or negatives on a forum lol. Some will call it down the middle. Even a Spits poster was positive in their viewing of him.
Easy kid to cheer for after what he went thru.

That's not I meant
You should go to the Hounds forum
It's important

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I was talking about his play on ice. That's what I judged and what I knew of his comeback story and work ethic on/off ice.
If there's other stuff who knows. Byt not what I commented on

Oh I know

That's why I asked u to go Hounds forum

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Battle stat aside what is going to happen after the holidays are done? I'm not talking trades I'm talking just about playing games. Likely posed to get much uglier before it turns around again. Ughh I hope this kind of ground hog day does not repeat itself.

Vaccinated(which all are in the OHL) asymptomatic players should just be able to get a negative test and continue to play. It's been preached that vaccinated athletes will decrease the spread. If that's truly the case then we should be fine from the standpoint of increasing the spread. Unfortunately there really haven't been any studies between the spread during sporting events as opposed to natural exposure. That being said if you're not starting the season up again in a week from now we are going down a dangerous path.

Reactions: three dog night

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Vaccinated(which all are in the OHL) asymptomatic players should just be able to get a negative test and continue to play. It's been preached that vaccinated athletes will decrease the spread. If that's truly the case then we should be fine from the standpoint of increasing the spread. Unfortunately there really haven't been any studies between the spread during sporting events as opposed to natural exposure. That being said if you're not starting the season up again in a week from now we are going down a dangerous path.
Totally agree Razor. I'm concerned what is happening elsewhere like Quebec. No fans equals no income for the teams. People that did everything the government said to move forward is suddenly back peddling. No Olympic NHL hockey. That was inconceivable a month ago. It usually runs downhill from the top. Truth is once again we are caught with the inability to test everyone that wants a test and getting the booster. The response of the government is to tighten things up.Not fair to those that have played by the rules to move forward. More like a punishment.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
The bigger factor for the OHL is the new PCR test must taken in the Country you are coming back from. A player tests positive and then you're going to leave a 16 yr old in another country for 14 days. That is why the NHL cancelled cross border games for the time being.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
I normally don’t worry about other teams. This could be an ugly mess for the whole league. Likely a tough go for the Soo as a team. Let’s hope it’s some kinda screw up, until we see some action give the kid the benefit for now.
Merry Christmas to all in this disfunctional group!!!

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I normally don’t worry about other teams. This could be an ugly mess for the whole league. Likely a tough go for the Soo as a team. Let’s hope it’s some kinda screw up, until we see some action give the kid the benefit for now.

But should he be allowed in the Hockey Hall of Fame after his playing career is done??

Sincerely
Charlie Hustle AKA Pete Rose

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

IF it's false, I feel for the guy. What a time for it to happen. IF it's true...

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Well hoping hockey is going to return this week. I'm expecting some kind of announcement either way tomorrow

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits forward Wyatt Johnston who is having an epic season thus far 17G,28A 45 Pts in 26 games played,has 37 points in his last 17 games,12G,25A,after having only 4 points in his 1st 4 games and 8 points in his 1st 9 games this year.
As well and pretty impressive to say the least he leads the entire league with 33 even strength points 15G,18A
Johnston has 2G,9A on the PP,and 1A on the Pk.
Here are the numbers for the other Western conference players leading their team with even strength points,with their O/A points in brackets.
SSM - (44),Rory Kerins-9G 19A,-28 pts.
Flint- (37),Brennan Othmann-12G,10A,-22Pts.
London- (41),Luke Evangelista 13G,9A,-22Pts.
Sarnia- (29) Ty Voit-6G,15A,-21 Pts
(27) Nolan Burke-12G,9A-21Pts
Guelph- (35),Sasha Psstajov-14G,6A,'20 Pts.
Kitchener-(25),-Mike Petzian-7G,12A,-19 Pts.
Erie- (24)- Elias Cohen-5G,13A-18Pts
Saginaw-(29)- Josh Bloom,7G,10A-17Pts
Owen Sound-(18),-Cedric Guindon-7G,9A,-16Pts

Something else much maligned Spitfire forward Daniel D'amico is 2nd on Windsor with 6G,14A,20 Pts
with his team on even strength of his 23 points.
He has 2PPG,1PPA points
His value to this team is under appreciated he does a great job on the PK,sees little PP team but very effective 5 on 5 and 4 on 4,plus he is 3 for 3 in shootouts this season too.
Numbers dont lie.
Here are next 5 Spits with the highest even strength points ,total points in brackets
Mathew Maggio (24),8G,10A-18 Pts
Kyle McDonald (26),9G,7A-, 16 Pts
Ethan Miedema (16) 5G,10A,-15 Pts
Will Cuylle- (25) 10G,4A,-15 Pts
Louka Henault (23),5G,8A-13 Pts

Reactions: HockeyPops

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Yes Johnston is highest scoring player on a high scoring team. Having a very good season.
I'm sure the games played are similar but wondering how all these players you mention stack up on just PP points for the year since the wrre omitted?
Odd year with no cross over conf. games. To bad we won't see McTavish n Wright etal live.
Again, great season for the kid.
But I get confused when year to year it's ST %, PP points, D pts, team off., ......

Is there a stat you value more than others? Honestly just curious.

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Yes Johnston is highest scoring player on a high scoring team. Having a very good season.
I'm sure the games played are similar but wondering how all these players you mention stack up on just PP points for the year since the wrre omitted?
Odd year with no cross over conf. games. To bad we won't see McTavish n Wrightvetal live.
Again, great season for the kid.
But I get confused when year to year it's ST %, PP points, D pts, team off., ......

Is there a stat you value more than others? Honestly just curious.

If there were one probably even strength usually 5 on 5,though in this case wasn't my initial interest.
Fortunately everything is onthe OHL website under players, do it by team and their players as opposed to individual players
One stat you may find interesting is London rookie winger Colton Smith
Now on the season he has 12G and 5A for 17 points nice start for a rookie,dig deeper one sees he has 8G,and 4A on the PP,and at even strength he has 4G,1A for 5 points.
I can almost guarantee you he has benefited greatly playing with Evangelista on the PP,as Evangelista has over 20 points on the PP.
Now you would know more then me on this question, does Smith play alot with Evangelista when teams are at 5 on 5?
One thing I looked up in the 4 games Evangelista missed this season Smith scored 1 PP goal.
Another thing on Smith and this might answer my question to you and if he plays with Evangelista, noticed he is a -7,highest on the team,so I doubt much time with Evangelista otherwise both would be high minus guys and only 1 is.

Last edited:

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
If there were one probably even strength usually 5 on 5,though in this case wasn't my initial interest.
Fortunately everything is onthe OHL website under players, do it by team and their players as opposed to individual players
One stat you may find interesting is London rookie winger Colton Smith
Now on the season he has 12G and 5A for 17 points nice start for a rookie,dig deeper one sees he has 8G,and 4A on the PP,and at even strength he has 4G,1A for 5 points.
I can almost guarantee you he has benefited greatly playing with Evangelista on the PP,as Evangelista has over 20 points on the PP.
Now you would know more then me on this question, does Smith play alot with Evangelista when teams are at 5 on 5?

London again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad