Windsor Spitfires 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Him leaving tomorrow isn’t a good reason to sit him today after he had his best game

Really Tribe79,so if Johnston had gotten hurt if he played and was unable to fulfill a dream to play in a prestigious tournament, plus come back with confidence after playing with the best in his age group you are ok with that. One regular season game missed is a nothing burger compared to what could have happened.
I spoke to him pre game,and there was no sense of disappointment from.
Do I think my reasoning changes your mind doubt it,you dont like this coach so matter what he does it's not good enough,myself I would pissed were he injured while playing,when he didnt have to,especially with extra bodies available. Not surprised Windsor 7 agrees with you,Letowski can do nothing right according to him.

Spits1963

Dec 17, 2014
Foudy and Cuylle are making me scratch my head a bit. Foudy's stickhandling is fine, until he runs into a jam, then he's toast. He's gotta figure out how to dish the puck off better. Ho-Sang 2.0 is appearing. Cuylle's becoming more of a power forward, which is fine in the physical sense, but you have to score, too. I think frustration is setting in; a fight today plus another attempted one (which was denied).
Just wanted to add a point about his fight
After he went back to the bench I made a point of watching Trevor’s reaction,,,
He made a point of going to him and giving him a nice pat on the back, nice to see that

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
He made a point of going to him and giving him a nice pat on the back, nice to see that

Does trevor really yell at players though during the game??

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

From my spot, it's tough to see every reaction, so I like this.

As far as Johnston goes - you don't want to risk injuring him and keeping him out of this tournament. He'll have four years with us, one game won't make a big difference, especially when we've got a full lineup. The kid sits, goes to the U17s, gains confidence, and maybe comes back to do some damage like Foudy/Cuylle did last season.

Reactions: Spits1963

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Nice to see o/a Dman Thomas Stevenson add an offensive dimension to his game as he scored a team leading game winner this afternoon his 2nd game winner of the season tied with JL Foudy for the team lead,now has 3 goals on the season.
Last season he scored 1 goal in 60 games played,3 in 13 impressive .
He is also a +3 on the season.
Pretty steady guy, like his contributions so far.

Reactions: Spits1963

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Really Tribe79,so if Johnston had gotten hurt if he played and was unable to fulfill a dream to play in a prestigious tournament, plus come back with confidence after playing with the best in his age group you are ok with that. One regular season game missed is a nothing burger compared to what could have happened.
Do I think my reasoning changes your mind doubt it,you dont like this coach so matter what he does it's not good enough,myself I would pissed were he injured while playing,when he didnt have to,especially with extra bodies available. Not surprised Windsor 7 agrees with you,Letowski can do nothing right according to him.

If he had gotten hurt and couldn't play in a tournament that means very little moving forward??? The problem is Johnston had a good game on Thurs and he wasn't rewarded for it on Sunday. Instead they decided to keep a 4th year guy in the lineup who wears a letter and still has done nothing to date. In other words Letowski took the easy out. In other words you can play a good game and you aren't rewarded the next game.

You keep on supporting Letowski and obviously reveling in this start. Tell me about Letowski's total body of work as an OHL coach and what you think of it. Tell me why the 2 most talented players on this roster aren't producing at a high level.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
So why not sit him from the time he got named to U17? Injury can happen at any time. He could have season ending injury in the finals of u17 game. Maybe he shouldn’t play in that game cause missing 40 games could hurt his development. Also please tell me when i’ve said anything negative about the coaching this year. I’ve said maybe Boka shouldn’t be getting top minutes and i also said it sure seem WR had a bigger hand in how this team played last year and was like TL didn’t have as much of say on things. And i was giving him 10-15 games to decide. But since that won’t make me look bad in argument you conveniently forgot about that. Congrats on speaking to him. That suppose to impress me?? Is he suppose to be negative when he sits. You don’t think he would much rather be out playing. Give your head a shake. I’m also going to wait for you to tell me all these negative things i’ve said this year about trevor and how he can’t do anything right. Either that or you will just not reply which i will also be fine with cause i hate Trying to figure out what you write cause some of it makes no sense.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I will tell why when you tell me the team is tied for best team in the conference Saginaw,though Saginaw has played 3 more games.
Or tell me why Tyler Angle has 19 points in 13 games,a player you have criticized in the past ,is Letowski to be blamed for his production and being drafted by Columbus.
I am not surprised you would agree with those who didn't like Johnston not playing today,does not matter what Letowski does,you cant get past that
Every team or year he has coached the team was in a rebuild whether it was Sarnia or Windsor.
Seeing you like the gotcha game,you didn't like Rocky Thompson either and we saw how that turned out.

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I will tell why when you tell me the team is tied for best team in the conference Saginaw,though Saginaw has played 3 more games.
Or tell me why Tyler Angle has 19 points in 13 games,a player you have criticized in the past ,is Letowski to be blamed for his production and being drafted by Columbus.
I am not surprised you would agree with those who didn't like Johnston not playing today,does not matter what Letowski does,you cant get past that
Every team or year he has coached the team was in a rebuild whether it was Sarnia or Windsor.
Seeing you like the gotcha game,you didn't like Rocky Thompson either and we saw how that turned out.

Rocky has won as many playoff series in the OHL as anyone on this board. Yes Angle is doing great work, had a good year last year and has built upon that.

Like you say to others "you won't admit it" so Johnston has a good game and isn't rewarded for it. That's kind of the point though, a guy wearing a letter who you have shown an affinity for in the past won't get benched. The only value he has is splitting faceoffs relatively speaking. So Letowski has been coaching a rebuilding team for 2 years?? Rebuilds last 136 games now??? Get outta here with that junk. Glad you came back to be the built in apologist for Letowski.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
So why not sit him from the time he got named to U17? Injury can happen at any time. He could have season ending injury in the finals of u17 game. Maybe he shouldn’t play in that game cause missing 40 games could hurt his development. Also please tell me when i’ve said anything negative about the coaching this year. I’ve said maybe Boka shouldn’t be getting top minutes and i also said it sure seem WR had a bigger hand in how this team played last year and was like TL didn’t have as much of say on things. And i was giving him 10-15 games to decide. But since that won’t make me look bad in argument you conveniently forgot about that. Congrats on speaking to him. That suppose to impress me?? Is he suppose to be negative when he sits. You don’t think he would much rather be out playing. Give your head a shake. I’m also going to wait for you to tell me all these negative things i’ve said this year about trevor and how he can’t do anything right. Either that or you will just not reply which i will also be fine with cause i hate Trying to figure out what you write cause some of it makes no sense.

Bought and paid for by the home team.......................

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Believe it was Zito’s fight

I know I saw one of the coaches (may have been Smith) give Zito a pat on the back after that tilt.

The problem is Johnston had a good game on Thurs and he wasn't rewarded for it on Sunday. Instead they decided to keep a 4th year guy in the lineup who wears a letter and still has done nothing to date. In other words Letowski took the easy out. In other words you can play a good game and you aren't rewarded the next game.

Johnston sat because he's going to the U17s tomorrow. I get that people want to go after TL, and if he makes a stupid decision, that's fine, but this seems like a pretty clear cut reason to sit Johnston. Nobody seemed upset by it, either. That being said, if Johnston STILL sits after he returns, all bets are off.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I know I saw one of the coaches (may have been Smith) give Zito a pat on the back after that tilt.

Johnston sat because he's going to the U17s tomorrow. I get that people want to go after TL, and if he makes a stupid decision, that's fine, but this seems like a pretty clear cut reason to sit Johnston. Nobody seemed upset by it, either. That being said, if Johnston STILL sits after he returns, all bets are off.

Johnston isn't playing a game until Nov 2nd he needed to get a nice rest upstairs to prepare for a game 6 days from now?? I see how playing today would have taken a lot out of him................... Is Johnston driving to Medicine Hat for the next couple days or is he taking a plane???? You and Legend need to do a podcast together.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Johnston isn't playing a game until Nov 2nd he needed to get a nice rest upstairs to prepare for a game 6 days from now?? I see how playing today would have taken a lot out of him................... Is Johnston driving to Medicine Hat for the next couple days or is he taking a plane???? You and Legend need to do a podcast together.

He is going to a training camp prior to tourney, each team has 22 players,only 20 can dress,that's why he had to leave tomorrow, you probably didn't know that,so he is playing for a starting role,and yes he has played well lately, doesn't change my mind this situation one bit,he is healthy and rested,good to go.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

Rebuild??? Lol

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Rocky has won as many playoff series in the OHL as anyone on this board. Yes Angle is doing great work, had a good year last year and has built upon that.

Like you say to others "you won't admit it" so Johnston has a good game and isn't rewarded for it. That's kind of the point though, a guy wearing a letter who you have shown an affinity for in the past won't get benched. The only value he has is splitting faceoffs relatively speaking. So Letowski has been coaching a rebuilding team for 2 years?? Rebuilds last 136 games now??? Get outta here with that junk. Glad you came back to be the built in apologist for Letowski.

And Rocky has more Mem Cup rings then anyone on this board too.
Oh how has the Erie new coach done the last 2 years since replacing Knoblauch next.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
And Rocky has more Mem Cup rings then anyone on this board too.
Oh how has the Erie new coach done the last 2 years since replacing Knoblauch next.

Its good that the team won the bid so they got to play in that certain cup. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad