Post-Game Talk: Win!!!

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
2 years @ 2.4 mil a season worth of rope.

At some point, someone in that organization has to do a cost benefit analysis, and realize that not only is that money a sunk cost but they're also risking getting no value out of multiple draft picks and years of development time for XO, Sproul, Jensen, etc.

Besides making the team worse every time they put him on the ice, the financials favor dumping him, not keeping him. How much more suckage is it going to take?

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I see everyone remembers Goal #2 and that it was 100% kindl's fault.

Surprise surprise he was our "worst" D man this game.

Ill have to post my scores later, because I dont have them on me. But It is very possible that Smith actually had a worse game than Kindl. (Kindl still had a bad one)

Smith too!?

JlxWPGh.gif

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Nyquist's season start isn't even that poor. 4+5 in 11 games is par for the course, it's roughly the pace you hope he keeps for the season. Tatar is 3+4, meh one more goal and that's his regular pace. I guess what I'm trying to say is, we really really need some defensive scoring and the 4th line to chip in more until we get healthier. Defense stepped up offensively this game and it really helped out. Our 4th liners incl. Helm though have a big fat 0 so far. If they don't step up we're gonna lose more often than not when Z goes scoreless.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Only watched the condensed game, looked like our offense was doing pretty well and creating lots of chances. Nyquist seemed to have a strong game as well as Larkin and Z. Good to see our d-men getting involved offensively as well. I want to see A LOT more from Dekeyser in that vein.

What the hell happened in the last 10-15 minutes though? Ottawa must have had like 15 shots in that time and almost made a game out of it. Lesson learned I hope.

Nyquist's season start isn't even that poor. 4+5 in 11 games is par for the course, it's roughly the pace you hope he keeps for the season.
Nyquist is on pace for close to 40 goals and 70 points. Definitely not a poor start.

Tatar is heating up now after being pretty bad in the first 6-7 games.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Only watched the condensed game, looked like our offense was doing pretty well and creating lots of chances. Nyquist seemed to have a strong game as well as Larkin and Z. Good to see our d-men getting involved offensively as well. I want to see A LOT more from Dekeyser in that vein.

What the hell happened in the last 10-15 minutes though? Ottawa must have had like 15 shots in that time and almost made a game out of it. Lesson learned I hope.

Nyquist is on pace for close to 40 goals and 70 points. Definitely not a poor start.

Tatar is heating up now after being pretty bad in the first 6-7 games.

Jakub Kindl happend

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
This game felt like it was a return to Babcock hockey with there being much more pressure in the offensive zone on the puck carrier when Ottawa had the puck. That top power play unit obviously got the team off to a great start. It was also a good idea to reunite Larkin with Z and Abby. I don't think any other line spent much time possessing the puck in the offensive zone but at least there was a solid forecheck which eased pressure on our mediocre d-corps.

Kindl was getting big time minutes early in the season as part of Blashill's reclamation project. It was good to see him get buried, but it's time for Holland and Blashill to admit they were wrong and accept that Kindl will never be an acceptable NHL d-man. There's no way he's one of our top 6 dmen and you don't pay a 7th d-man the amount they are paying him, not with a backlog of prospects who all need to be thrown into the NHL waters next season. Kindl's career in Detroit should be over and he should be waived. It won't happen though, we've all seen this movie far too many times.

Mrazek is the best goalie of the two and it's not even close. He was hung out to dry on all three goals. Unfortunately Howard is signed to a brutal contract that makes him just about impossible to move.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Traveled up to Ottawa early morning, was very surprised and happy with the way we played throughout the majority of the game. Got to see my first Red Wings road win, so thats all that matters to me. We need to build off of this though. Would be nice to see Jensen or Ouellet get a chance over Kindl, but we all know it wont happen.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Nyquist's season start isn't even that poor. 4+5 in 11 games is par for the course, it's roughly the pace you hope he keeps for the season. Tatar is 3+4, meh one more goal and that's his regular pace. I guess what I'm trying to say is, we really really need some defensive scoring and the 4th line to chip in more until we get healthier. Defense stepped up offensively this game and it really helped out. Our 4th liners incl. Helm though have a big fat 0 so far. If they don't step up we're gonna lose more often than not when Z goes scoreless.

Their problem is They don't score the good goals enough. goals that tie the game. winning it.

Nyquist is doing fine. But I think tatar has only scored goals when the game was over. pretty much

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Their problem is They don't score the good goals enough. goals that tie the game. winning it.

Nyquist is doing fine. But I think tatar has only scored goals when the game was over. pretty much

I think Nyquist has had a few pretty clutch goals this season. Scored the OT winner against Vancouver and opened the scoring against Tampa.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

Good. Maybe he should get more. I think players target the head too much.
Did that dude from the flames get suspended?

Smith thinks he is a forward. Maybe he and Glendening can switch places.:laugh:
It seems to me like we try to bang on the puck off of the goalie very much, most by all teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad