The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
we are slacking on the post game thread again I see

tumblr_n6pd84yfTR1scjie5o1_400.gif

tumblr_n6pd84yfTR1scjie5o2_400.gif

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
I wish we could just put Green or Q on IR and bring up XO. Kindl with 2 brutal games. He needs to sit.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Larkin, Zetterberg, keep it up.

Nyquist and Tatar, let's hope this is their coming out party this season (especially Tats).

Ericsson, why oh why can't you play like that every game?:cry:

DK looked better, I'd like to try keeping him with Ericsson and put Kronwall with Green when he returns.

Mrazek, sorry your stats don't look as good as your game did.

Kindl... just GTFO.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I wish we could just put Green or Q on IR and bring up XO. Kindl with 2 brutal games. He needs to sit.

Couldn't we just waive him to bring Ouellet up? Whatever part of Kindl's salary that remains on the books + Ouellet's salary should still be less that Kindl's total salary, I believe.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Couldn't we just waive him to bring Ouellet up? Whatever part of Kindl's salary that remains on the books + Ouellet's salary should still be less that Kindl's total salary, I believe.

Oh sure, I was just trying to be realistic with what the team MiGHT do. I'd waive him with in a second.

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
Much better effort tonight. Still some stuff to clean up for sure.

*Zetterberg
**Nyquist
***Larkin

And I have to say, Ericsson had a very good game. I want to see more games like that from him. Tatar was much better tonight as well. Petr played very well again.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Boy, this team can't play a 60 minute game huh?

Lots of defensive lapses all over the place.

Zetterberg is the pulse for this team right now.

Yeah doesn't take the fact that we dominated tonight though. Kindl can really **** things up in a pinch can't he? I'll take Smith over Kindl but not by much. Only because he can step up in the play sometimes too much but at least he creates chances.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Why not go with this for now. Though Ericsson had a good game he won't sustain that for very long.

Kronner Dekeyser
Ericsson Marchenko
Smith Kindl

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
My eye-test "advanced" stats:

Player, Goals + Assists + Scoring attempt + Created attempt + Screened attempt + Other good play = Total

LW Larkin, 1+0+4+0+0+0 = 5
C Zetterb, 0+2+2+2+0+0 = 6
RW Akader, 0+0+0+3+2+0 = 5
-------------
LW Tatar, 1+1+1+2+1+1 = 7
C Sheahan, 0+1+1+0+0+0 = 2
RW Nyquist, 1+1+3+0+0+0 = 5
-------------
LW Andersson, 0+0+1+1+1+1 = 4
C Darren Helm, 0+1+0+3+2+0 = 6
RW Pulkkinen, 0+0+2+0+0+0 = 2
-------------
LW Miller, 0+0+0+0+0+0 = 0
C Glendening, 0+1+1+0+0+0 = 2
RW Ferraro, 0+0+0+0+0+0 = 0

It was nice to see whole TOP9 creating chances. Looks like Joker Andersson was the better fit on the 3rd line than Jurco. Also, interested Tatar makes a ****ING BIG difference. I don't know why Tatar sucks so bad at home, he was great at Calgary and Vancouver games, and has SUCKED all games at home. Bad girlfriend and easier to be off from her? or WTF?

LD Kronwall, 0+2+1+1+0+0 = 4
RD Smith, 0+0+3+0+0+0 = 3
LD DeKeyser, 1+1+1+0+0+0 = 3
RD Ericsson, 1+0+0+0+0+0 = 1
LD Kindl, 0+0+1+1+0+0 = 2
RD Marchenko, 0+0+0+1+0+0 = 1

So Kronwall-Ericsson is split up and defence starts scoring like mad? Were they really so kryptonite for each other? Ericsson scored, Kronwall got 0+2, Smith had chances and a breakaway, DeKeyser scored 1+1. Unbelieveable offensive game from our defence. Haven't seen this kind of game for few seasons.

Detroit @ Ottawa 5-3

Scoring attempts:
0 -10min, 3-3
10-20min, 4-8
------------ (PP chances 1-7 on this period, goals 1-0)
20-30min, 4-2
30-40min, 7-4
------------ (we controlled this period)
40-50min, 5-3
50-60min, 2-7

DET @ OTT
PP attempts: 4-7
ES attempts: 21-19
SH attempts: 0-1
TOTAL: 25-27

Great game from whole team during first 50 minutes. Ottawa didn't get their even strentgh game going until at last 10 minutes when the game was already over. Even strength attempts were 20-12 for wings during first 50min. Mostly Sens looked great only on the PP, but could not score. Red Wings made a huge turnaround from last meeting at defending the near sector in front of goal. It was almost impossible for Sens to get shots from there. Thanks to new D-pairings?

Last edited:

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
wow you have to go back to 1987-88 season to see the Red Wings last in shots. Every year since then we were leading or in the top 5 for shots.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Yeah doesn't take the fact that we dominated tonight though. Kindl can really **** things up in a pinch can't he? I'll take Smith over Kindl but not by much. Only because he can step up in the play sometimes too much but at least he creates chances.

We didn't dominate tonight by any means. We were frequently trapped in our zone for long periods of time. We buried our chances and they didn't. The game could have gone either way.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
And we have the worst shot differential in the league! Only the Flyers have given up more shots than us! Yikes!!

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
We didn't dominate tonight by any means. We were frequently trapped in our zone for long periods of time. We buried our chances and they didn't. The game could have gone either way.

Maybe not the 3rd period but the rest of the game we seemed good.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Boy, this team can't play a 60 minute game huh?

Lots of defensive lapses all over the place.

Zetterberg is the pulse for this team right now.

I like your post so I am going to respond to it. It was a good bounce back game then the last 5 minutes happened. All the momentum and confidence they started turning in their favor might be lost by next game.

The Wings need something to build on, they need a confidence boost. This game was something to build on. I feel like the last 5 minutes threw everything away.

The passing and reads were the best I've seen from them this season. Damn I hope they can build on this game. Their confidence is beyond shot right now

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

They didn't dominate but they were better than the other team tonight. They played a complete 50 minutes. haha

But I'll take it, it shows they are coming around and are starting to finally gel.

The bottom 6 hasn't been a let down. Glendenning/Andersson/Ferraro/Helm/Miller have been terra-bad since the start of the season. They need to pull it together. They are giving the other team momentum.

Miller has shown no heart. He looks like he wants to hang them up and retire.

EDIT:

Did Zetterberg call out the D for being too soft?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

Detroit was clearly the better team tonight. Let up off the gas when they were up by four and Ottawa got a couple extras. It happens all the time to good and bad teams.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
To me the last five minutes showed the team how fast a lead can be lost. Good learning for a young team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad