Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - WCQF Game 7: Preds at Ducks Believe Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phototropic

Feb 4, 2012
Chattanooga
So excited for this. I think it's a bit dumb for round two to be starting tonight while we are still playing round one. Seems a bit disrespectful to me.

I feel the same way. At least wait until Game 7 is done before starting R2. I realize that is awkward with the west coast start, but still...completely backwards to play a second round game before completing the first.

I've been pretty middle of the road all series for some reason. Even when up 2-0 I wasn't overly excited. I think I just have low expectations for the team. Not that I don't think they can win a round; I just don't expect enough consistency to go the full distance. Either way I will be watching and rooting for them.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Shelter the **** out of that third pairing, they were burned a lot last game.

Ribeiro/Neal - don't be idiots.

RyJo - be the #1C we know you can be.

Ekholm/Ellis - already have stepped up big time, carry it into Game 7.

Forsberg - continue doing Forsberg things.

Wilson - continue doing playoff Wilson things.

Bottom six - keep the hits going.

And of course - Pekka. Please be classic Pekka.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Lets get the Bridge Rocking with the "We Want It " chant that Boston employed during their Cup Run in 2011.

Trying to not to think too much about this game

EDIT:
Oh wait NVM, away game lol

Last edited:

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Gotta be extra excited

We have waited a long time for this type of excitement.

dmv1ac.jpg

KurtAngle

Mar 31, 2016
I don't think Pekka has to steal the game. Just needs to be good.

I think Johansen needs to get in the game because Neal feeds off him.

Someone needs to stop Preds Killer Kesler.

Ducks score first they win.

I give Anaheim a 60% chance to win.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Just a reminder, folks...

Tensions will be high on both sides tonight. Let's keep posts either here, or on the main board GDT. Please don't head to the Duck's GDT and post, even if it's good natured.

Thank you and Go Preds!!!

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
So who will skate in place of Bass tonight? I am hoping it is Sissons. Watson may get the call because of his size but I personally wouldn't put him out there.

Suck having to wait so long for puck drop but I am so pumped for this game. Only 8 more hours. :popcorn:

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I don't think Neal and Johansen are just trying to show off with no look passes. Misdirection is a very popular, and effective, strategy. They have the talent to make it work. However, we have some guys without that particular talent who still try it, and they end up looking foolish. Those guys need to keep it simple.

Just ****ing win

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
For Yoshi and other LOTR geeks:

"Arise, arise Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake; fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered, a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!"

"If this is to be our end, I would have us make such an end as to be worthy of remembrance."

(It's only weird if it doesn't work)

gratefulpred

Eternal Optimist
Jun 27, 2011
Almo Heights, KY

"Arise, arise Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake; fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered, a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!"

"If this is to be our end, I would have us make such an end as to be worthy of remembrance."

To continue on that tangent..

"Certainty of death, *small* chance of success...What are we waiting for?"

Go Preds!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
quackers GDT is full of Game 7 failures and their jinx in game 7's

May the gods hear them and repeat.
They're 0 for their last 3 in Game 7s.
We're 0 for 0 in Game 7s.
The road teams are both 2-1 in the series.
Lavy is 4-1 coaching game 7s.
Boudreau is 1-6.

You all decide.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Lots of pressure on the Ducks so I think the Preds are in good position since they are the underdogs. Keep it close and let the weight of the moment cause the Ducks to choke.

Hockey gods be kind and may the bounces be with you boys.

Up at em Preds.

Last edited:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Here...we...go...

Pucks in deep
Throw your weight around
Pucks in deep
Score an early one
Pucks in deep
Melt some faces
Pucks in deep
Intensity
Pucks
In
Deep

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

I see in your eyes - the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fail, where we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship - BUT IT IS NOT THIS DAY. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! BUT IT IS NOT THIS DAY! This day we fight!

By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand - Men of the West!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad