Post-Game Talk: Win!! - WCQF Game 1: NSH @ ANA | 9:30 pm CT (7:30 PM Local)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Yeah, they're gonna come after Forsberg and Neal in game 2. Have to focus on our own game and not get rattled. Let Salomaki and the others take care of that.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Lot of Ducks fans talking about how "awful" they were last night and yet they still almost beat us...as if we played to our peak last night. :shakehead

Great way to start the series.

SlapshotMe

Sep 21, 2015
I'm so proud of this team. After the 5 on 3 goal I was ready for them to become despondent and just give up on the game, thinking that it wasn't going to be their night. But man, they fought like hell. That second quarter was something, they quickly established that they were going to dominate the puck when at full strength and they did. One of the more exciting games I've seen in a while.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Happy for the win but this is just one game and this game could have gone either way even though I felt we were the more dominate team on 5 on 5. Going to have to focus and play even better/harder/faster/smarter for the next game. It's going to be a long stretch of hockey. And please Preds don't take any needless penalties/stay out of the box.

Last edited:

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Went to bed after the second period. I just can't stay up late any more. :(.

Very pleased to see the score this morning. Not pleased about the the FO stats. That will bite us hard if it doesn't change. And Forsberg is gonna be targeted, he better keep his head up. We need to pester Perry more. He's gonna pull **** so make him pay.

I'm not so sure he will be specially targeted because of the hit. He will be targeted for sure, but because of the kind of player he is. I'd imagine players will see the replay and realize how clean the hit actually was, but perhaps I am misjudging the ability for the Ducks guys to be rational.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Went to bed after the second period. I just can't stay up late any more. :(.

I can simply not believe some of you people. If I wasn't staying up late for our game I'd be staying up for someone else's. :laugh:

Yeah count--I could tell that Filip has been practicing. Mentioned it to Mr. Adz and Logoon.

Draft King/Rinne status--during the post game on FSTN there was a crawl underneath that listed the 27 saves as being Hutton's. I guess you can add "First time for a win by the goalie on the bench" to this season's NHL moments.

What a game! I actually watched it, too! Guess my herbal stress pills did their job. No it isn't pot.

That Ellis move...wow.

I loved how my phone had texts from not only my usual text mates but even my son in law (sort of--you know how things work now). He knew who'd be UP watching this game.

Ah, a win makes for a much more enjoyable weekend, doesn't it?

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Yeah, they're gonna come after Forsberg and Neal in game 2. Have to focus on our own game and not get rattled. Let Salomaki and the others take care of that.

Absolutely this. That is why I like Bass in the lineup, if he can stay out of the box. Him and Salomaki are a nightmare and play solid minutes getting the puck deep and grinding it out. Those guys are key at wearing down that young anahiem defense

I get the feeling, as much as people say the Ducks are physical, they hate playing a physical game and getting hit.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Lot of Ducks fans talking about how "awful" they were last night and yet they still almost beat us...as if we played to our peak last night. :shakehead

Great way to start the series.

I come to expect it. No one gave us any credit going in, and no one will give us credit for winning. It's always, we could have played better. Maybe the Predators are just a good team?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I come to expect it. No one gave us any credit going in, and no one will give us credit for winning. It's always, we could have played better. Maybe the Predators are just a good team?

Until we push deep into the playoffs this is how it is always going to be. People don't pay attention until they gotta play us and then there will always be an excuse.

I found it interesting that the conversation is always about our D, and don't get me wrong it has been our back bone for a very long time. Last night though I found it interesting that Crispy did a run down of forwards and point totals for the year and how they stacked up. I think it was 9 of the top 12 were Preds, with us also having the highest point getter on the season.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
If they're really, really good, what does that say about us?

We are also a really strong team and healthy. I like our chances in this series. I thought we had Chicago last year until we lost fisher and Weber. I feel like we can do the same here if healthy. We have to have good goaltending to win. If Rinne plays well, this team can beat anyone.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Until we push deep into the playoffs this is how it is always going to be. People don't pay attention until they gotta play us and then there will always be an excuse.

I found it interesting that the conversation is always about our D, and don't get me wrong it has been our back bone for a very long time. Last night though I found it interesting that Crispy did a run down of forwards and point totals for the year and how they stacked up. I think it was 9 of the top 12 were Preds, with us also having the highest point getter on the season.
Dallas, TB, Chicago, and Nashville are the only Playoff teams with 2 30 goal scorers. 3 of those 4 are considered offensive juggernauts and one is constantly called "challenged".

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

Well, it's true, to be honest. Something was off with the Ducks last night and it didn't appear to be anything that the Preds were doing. The Ducks just didn't seem to be engaged and as ready for the playoffs as the Preds. That's not to take away from the Preds, but should be a warning that they need to be ready for the Ducks to wake up and ready to raise their own level of play.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Well, it's true, to be honest. Something was off with the Ducks last night and it didn't appear to be anything that the Preds were doing. The Ducks just didn't seem to be engaged and as ready for the playoffs as the Preds. That's not to take away from the Preds, but should be a warning that they need to be ready for the Ducks to wake up and ready to raise their own level of play.
I have no qualms with the assessment of the Ducks play as being poor and there is better to come from them. The insinuation that last night also somehow represented the Preds' peak performance is rather naive. It's going to be a short playoffs if that's the best we've got (not to take away from the performance or victory).

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Also the Ducks had the advantage of last change, which can be huge in these series. I don't think either team played their best game, I just think as we've done a ton this year we came out on fire and they weren't ready for it. Let's not act like we didn't have some rust to shake ourselves, we've been off for a while and some of these guys sat out the last game as well.

I think both teams will play better, and as I said earlier, I fully expect the Ducks to come out on a mission because if they drop both games at home history says this thing is pretty much over.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I have no qualms with the assessment of the Ducks play as being poor and there is better to come from them. The insinuation that last night also somehow represented the Preds' peak performance is rather naive. It's going to be a short playoffs if that's the best we've got (not to take away from the performance or victory).

Well, if it's an "insinuation," then it's not something that they actually said and you're merely inferring their meaning. You could be reading into what they're saying in order to be more offended. I just think that it's dangerous to infer that others are insinuating things, since you could be applying the same bias that you suspect that they're showing.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Well, if it's an "insinuation," then it's not something that they actually said and you're merely inferring their meaning. You could be reading into what they're saying in order to be more offended. I just think that it's dangerous to infer that others are insinuating things, since you could be applying the same bias that you suspect that they're showing.

Good lord man (or lady) its a message board not a psych class...

I agree the arrogance in defeat of the Ducks fans basically giving us no credit for playing well is galling but also not unexpected. It's a lot easier to say "we played badly" than to admit "we got beaten by a good team"

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville

I agree the arrogance in defeat of the Ducks fans basically giving us no credit for playing well is galling but also not unexpected. It's a lot easier to say "we played badly" than to admit "we got beaten by a good team"
At least their defense is better than the Preds.......:sarcasm:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

That did sound a little leather sofa-ish, didn't it? I didn't mean to come across that way, but I stand by the point. I just don't think that it's very fair to Ducks fans to infer that they're insinuating that the Preds played their best. Maybe they are suggesting that, but I'd try to draw that out of them instead of just assuming it. After all, they could be inferring that Preds fans are insinuating things, too, and that wouldn't be any more fair or correct.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
That did sound a little leather sofa-ish, didn't it? I didn't mean to come across that way, but I stand by the point. I just don't think that it's very fair to Ducks fans to infer that they're insinuating that the Preds played their best. Maybe they are suggesting that, but I'd try to draw that out of them instead of just assuming it. After all, they could be inferring that Preds fans are insinuating things, too, and that wouldn't be any more fair or correct.

And we give a crap about Ducks fans feelings and fairness to them why?? :laugh:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

Osprey, you can go on to the Ducks board and read plenty of posts in the wake of last night's game that essentially said "we were terrible, but the game was still winnable, so we'll have no issues once we play like we're supposed to." There's nothing being read into there. I'm not claiming it's any different than the underestimating many of our fans/us are doing of the Ducks roster or performance either. I have no doubts we haven't seen the best of the Ducks in this series, but anyone that thinks last night was about all the Predators are capable of is a dope and likely in for a rude awakening.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Are you inferring my insuiating assumption based on a preconceived bias about my alleged perspective? How DARE you sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad