Post-Game Talk: Win!! - WCQF Game 1: NSH @ ANA | 9:30 pm CT (7:30 PM Local)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Osprey, you can go on to the Ducks board and read plenty of posts in the wake of last night's game that essentially said "we were terrible, but the game was still winnable, so we'll have no issues once we play like we're supposed to." There's nothing being read into there. I'm not claiming it's any different than the underestimating many of our fans/us are doing of the Ducks roster or performance either. I have no doubts we haven't seen the best of the Ducks in this series, but anyone that thinks last night was about all the Predators are capable of is a dope and likely in for a rude awakening.
If you read their boards you'll find out that the Preds still suck and Beiksa will be their savior. Oh, and a goalie change.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I cracking up more from the " now I know why people dislike Neal" comments. Haven't really seen anyone say exactly why but apparently he was a bad bad man last night. I think about all I saw him do was ***** at the refs, which almost every team has a guy that does that.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Osprey, you can go on to the Ducks board and read plenty of posts in the wake of last night's game that essentially said "we were terrible, but the game was still winnable, so we'll have no issues once we play like we're supposed to."

That's a bit optimistic, but what's so wrong or offensive about that? Isn't that pretty much what many of you say whenever the Preds are terrible and lose a close game? That's fans being fans. They're confident in their team, just as you're confident in yours. If it bothers you, visiting their board probably isn't the best idea.

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
That's a bit optimistic, but what's so wrong or offensive about that? Isn't that pretty much what many of you say whenever the Preds are terrible and lose a close game? That's fans being fans. They're confident in their team, just as you're confident in yours. If it bothers you, visiting their board probably isn't the best idea.

Not bothered in the least, it's pretty standard fan behavior. No idea why a "shaking my head" throwaway comment has even elicited this significant of a response.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
We have to have good goaltending to win. If Rinne plays well, this team can beat anyone.

Absolutely. But it's just in my head that Rinne will lose games for us 'cause during regular season we dominated games and it was just Rinne who didn't deliver. I have a hard time believing that the same won't happen in the playoffs and that's why I'm constantly leery on Rinne.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
What do you guys make of the Forsberg hit?

Meh, a minor maybe. Manson fell in a tough spot and it wasn't Forsberg intention to hit him in the head, he was going for the shoulder. But because Manson fell down Forsberg was unable to avoid the hit and therefore, unfortunately, caught Manson's head. Had Manson not fell down Filip would've hit him in the shoulder, like intended, and it would've been a great, hard hit. Unlucky situation.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
What do you guys make of the Forsberg hit?
Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Honestly, should have been penalized. That said, Filip is not a dirty player. He was going for the shoulder and what's-his-name dropped down as he took the shot.
What would you penalize him for? Manson saw Flip coming at him and chose to get the shot off and take the hit. No different than someone turning their back last minute to protect the puck. Manson's body position is on him at that point because he could have avoided the hit by not taking the shot.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I cracking up more from the " now I know why people dislike Neal" comments. Haven't really seen anyone say exactly why but apparently he was a bad bad man last night. I think about all I saw him do was ***** at the refs, which almost every team has a guy that does that.
Yeah, I didn't realize Neal had a reputation for being dirty. I'll to watch out for that but have a feeling it's just because he hits people and scores goals.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Yeah, I didn't realize Neal had a reputation for being dirty. I'll to watch out for that but have a feeling it's just because he hits people and scores goals.

Neal's reputation is well earned, as is Ribs. Neal has displayed less of it as a Pred-a lot less- but he was really bad in Pitt. The low water mark was the pens-flyers first round series from a few years ago.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Who cares what the Ducks fans think. They have some of the worst troll players in the league with Kessler, Perry, Bieksa.

Those guys are straight clowns at times.

Enjoy the games. Forget about their fans. We can win this series. Let's enjoy it.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I would have been fine with a minor on the FF9 hit, but absolutely nothing beyond that. I was shocked by the vitriol in the main forum GDT about that hit from ANA fans. Also several folks thought Ellis' butt save should have been a penalty shot. That is just 100% incorrect.

And GDT will be up shortly; working on it now. Preds33 was kind enough to help me out with some better graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad