Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - San Jose @ Nashville: Game 4 - Highway to the Danger zone edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Is anyone else as sleepy as I was today?

I actually felt pretty good at work. I did snooze for an hour or so after I returned to my home. It was worth it!

If Game 5 goes like Game 4, I will just DVR for an hour or two after OT begins and go to bed. I don't think I can take another 6 period game. I don't know how the players can do that! I was just watching and I became tired.

Maybe that was the turning point for the series! We will find out between the outcomes of Games 5 and 6. The Preds have to win in San Jose sometime to advance. I prefer Game 5. Put the Sharks tails against the aquarium wall up front and win the series at Bridgestone.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I finally got to read this entire GDT, it's amazing. The roller coaster of emotions and reactions is great.

This was the best night ever!! I don't know how the guys had enough energy. Shifts were really short near the end. I noticed once on a line change the guys were struggling to get over the boards. I noticed in I think the third OT, Wilson trying to skate to the neutral zone after a puck and he was pushing hard, but his legs were not moving very well for him.

Neal, Smith and Arvidsson looked like they could have played 2-3 more periods!

Sharks definitely looked fresher near the end, but that doesn't mean crap. Pekka was phenomenal! And he gave us a chance to win. Sharks and their fans can whine all they want about that goal, but guess what? There was still 2 more OT periods and 2 power plays they had to try to score, but couldn't do it.

All our goals were from going to the net and getting rebounds. On Fish's winner, we actually had 2 players in front of Jones, with not a single Shark player there.

I'm just so proud of the guys for hanging in, digging deep and finding a way to win!! They never got rattled when things got tense.

I saw Fisher get around the goalie and then I saw a black flash into the net. Next thing I know I'm screaming and jumping. I didn't know what to do so I just high-5ed and hugged everyone around me! Everyone was hugging people, and screaming and chanting in the concourses and down the stairs! It was so great! There were no strangers after the game, everyone was friends, lol!

The crowd was awesome. Every time the players looked to be getting tired, the crowd started another standing O! During regulation, the crowd was really loud on the goalie chants.

All day I really felt like I had gone out drinking all night, but I didn't have anything after the game started. I had my free beers at paradise and a free one from the plaza, but no beer during the game. It took a while to calm down, but once I did I crashed hard and overslept by an hour! But it was worth it.

This is awesome!

Has to be up therre as one of the best moments in Predators history. Just has to.

****ing amazing win guys. Unbelievable job by Rinne.
Not just Preds history, but today on the radio some were ranking it up there in all of Tennessee sports history with the Music City Miracle.

My take on the Pavelski no goal is if he doesn't touch the puck with his stick it's no goal since he used his hand, but he cannot play the puck with his stick while lying on the goaltender since he is interfering with the goaltender's opportunity to play the position. Kudos for how they responded as the pressure just ramped up from there.
This is what people aren't getting. The fact that Pavelski made a hockey play while lying on top of the goalie without even attempting to get off of Pekka makes it interference!

as an outside fan from canada it was awesome to hear the Nashville fans chanting and loud for all 6 periods. It makes the games so much better and its awesome to see a packed house at 2am local time.

just a strong contrast to the first round where we see places like Florida where it looks like "dress like an empty seat night" in the playoffs.

Good luck to the preds the games have all been exciting so heres to more of them

**outside fan from canada
Thank you! It's nice to see "outsiders" realizing we're not so bad after all!

Honestly, I was kind of amazed at how the crowd kept going. They replayed all the opening videos before the 3rd OT started and the fans got pumped all over again. Then during the last OT they kept putting the clock on the video boards and it actually seemed to spur the crowd on and they got louder and louder!! When the puck went in it was so loud all I heard was screaming. I don't even remember hearing the goal call or music being played!

I had the opportunity to set lower bowl, double letters last night. Section did not sit down from last three minutes of 3rd thru Fishers OT goal. AWESOME! Much easier to jump up-and- down and celebrate from standing. Normally I sit in club where you better be seated if the puck is in play.
I was amazed that everyone kept standing for all 3 OTs!!

What I would like to know is if there is anyone who was at last night's game and at the music city miracle. I would like to know how those experiences compare.
I think I heard someone on the radio call and say they were at both and this was just as loud or maybe louder, but both were insane atmospheres.

So how many times have you guys watched the winning goal?? I have watched it so much I have lost count- probably close to 100.
I haven't watched the goal that much, maybe only 20 times, but the bench reaction I've watched probably 100+ times. I crack up watching the synchronized falling! And every time I watch something new, it's just awesome watching the reactions from players and the fans! From the guy fist pumping his own hat off, the shark fan, the coaches, the equipment guys, it's just awesome!

I've listened to Pete's goal call about as many times as well! Peterson's scream is hilarious!
:laugh: :yo:

Bongo

Feb 7, 2007
Atlanta
Three to four hours to kill downtown before the puck drops is draining my pocketbook ... Not to mention I'm going out to my car to take a nap for lunch.

I'm blessed to have a sofa in my office. Sadly, I've reached that age where bedtime is usually around the same time I used to go out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad