Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Habs VS Preds

Status
Not open for further replies.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
upload_2019-2-14_8-27-21.png

Please prove me wrong guys. Let me know you spent more time working on the issues that exist than I did with this frustrated graphic!

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
After a nice start, this team has been playing mediocre hockey for a good chunk of the season:

Whatever represents the 'ON' switch for this team, they may want to get it going right about now.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Anything planned to acknowledge Weber's 900th NHL game tonight?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
We have a pool for the first post to mourn having Subban instead of Weber? Rate things are going lately, I'd guess good odds on it occurring before puck drop.

As long as it's acknowledged that the Preds would have been better off the last 2 seasons as well...

Anyway, I am pledging that today I am going to do some kind of mental ignore regarding all things Subban going forward in this thread.

Consider it my Valentine's Day gift to my HFB Preds family!

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Whatever you do, don't go on the power play.

Habs fan here, So these two teams are ranked 30th and 31st on the PP but 2 of the better 5-5 teams. Refs better leave their whistles in their pockets otherwise we'll be at 0-0 going to a shootout.

On the Habs PP the problem seems to be that teams load up and defend against the Weber bomb and no one else can even hit the net let alone score. Our favorite play, assuming we actually can establish possession in the offensive zone on the PP, is a hard one timer that misses the net on the short side that goes all the way around and out the other side.

PP has been a momentum killer for us, sometimes I think we should have the option of declining the penalty.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
On the Habs PP the problem seems to be that teams load up and defend against the Weber bomb and no one else can even hit the net let alone score. Our favorite play, assuming we actually can establish possession in the offensive zone on the PP, is a hard one timer that misses the net on the short side that goes all the way around and out the other side.
This sounds like us with Subban, the only difference being that Weber is good at it.

Reactions: predhead1

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Habs fan here, So these two teams are ranked 30th and 31st on the PP but 2 of the better 5-5 teams. Refs better leave their whistles in their pockets otherwise we'll be at 0-0 going to a shootout.

PP has been a momentum killer for us, sometimes I think we should have the option of declining the penalty.
it sounds like we're half brothers or something.

Reactions: Drake744

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
After a nice start, this team has been playing mediocre hockey for a good chunk of the season:

Whatever represents the 'ON' switch for this team, they may want to get it going right about now.

The Preds are pretty guaranteed a playoff spot since the begging of the season,no need to kill yourselves. Doing fine and waiting for the real season begins.Probably better to finish in 2nd and play one of ST. Louis or Minnesota than gamble and play fluke Vegas or the Flames.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Well the Habs are 7-1-2 L1 and we're 5-4-1 L3 in our last 10, plus Price had an eight game win streak going until the other night - so hot hand there. Therefore, we're going to win tonight. Now if the Habs were 2-7-1 with L7 then we'd get beat down by three or four goals. Because Perds.

Weber will probably score a PP goal tonight but I think our first unit will finally ring one in as well. Maybe Boyle will get his first goal as a Pred on a tip in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad