Post-Game Talk: Win 9 straight...lose 9 straight? Panthers wake up too late, fall to Wild.

has no goals and one assist in his last six games and his ice time is declining.

• Where are the Sabres fans who told me how much they would miss him?

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • When I hear of all the positive qualities the team lacked in the past, I think of Reinhart.

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Lockwood suspended 3 games. I think the arguments against him are wrong. One major point stated is that Lockwood was leaning in during the approach. Well, when you turn left on your skates, you lean left - so to blame him for skating the way all players skate is ridiculous.

What this ruling amounts to is that players cannot really challenge a goalie with a puck behind the net by skating with any speed towards him. I disagree with this direction in the game.

While I agree with protection of goalies, I don’t agree with the level of protection this ruling amounts to.

Then again, had it been McKinnon or McDavid, or had the goalie been Stolarz or equivalent, would there have been a suspension at all?

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
My opinion is that if you are going to come out of the crease to play the puck then you are a “hockey player“ subject to the same treatment as any player. You do not get special treatment just because you are a goalie with more equipment, that protects you, than the other players.

The league put the trapezoid behind the goalie to prevent goalies from playing the puck on in the corners in order to raise scoring. I call that the Brodeur rule.

If you tell the goalies you may be bumped if you‘re going to come out of the crease and play the puck then you better do it quickly, or stay in the crease. The scoring will increase if the league implements this rule.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Barkov starting top line center in the AHL (Afterlife Hockey League) tomorrow tonight

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I wonder how much of Sasha being kept out is a Maurice decision. The reason being, I think he wants Barkov to be 100% for playoffs and therefore a) keeps him out longer and b) wants to make the rest of the team so okay without him.

Just a thought. Because we all now that Sasha at 85% is better than most in the league.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
3 games lol

sorry kid, a famous goaltender decided to stupidly play a puck behind the net while you were racing for it. that'll be 3/82 of your salary and maybe your career.

Reactions: austropanther

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Nobody sees that the first point of contact is the sticks! Fleury still has the puck on his stick at that moment of stick impact and is about to shoot it around the boards. Lockwood is just following through and not even in the body position to throw a hit. It was perfect timing with a bonehead movement by Fleury who was just way too slow to execute his play or make a decision, and bad luck since he did get hit in the head.

One of the worst decisions ever by the safety department. This means that goalies can do whatever they want now - like Bob slashing Hartman after he had tripoed him intentionally....

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Barkov starting top line center in the AHL (Afterlife Hockey League) tomorrow tonight

I wonder how much of Sasha being kept out is a Maurice decision. The reason being, I think he wants Barkov to be 100% for playoffs and therefore a) keeps him out longer and b) wants to make the rest of the team so okay without him.

Just a thought. Because we all now that Sasha at 85% is better than most in the league.
Do we know what the injury is that Sasha is dealing with?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is a groin injury. Paul mentioned the other game how it wasn't quite at a 100% yet.

A groin injury doesn't heal by skating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad