Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - 1/23/16 9:00 CST - Game 48 - Nashville at Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
That goal for Forsberg was:

100Forsberg.png

Edit: I should add this. Since the Johansen trade.

Neal hits 200 Goal milestone
Johansen hits 200 point milestone
Forsberg hits 100 point milestone

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
We've won 2 in a row on the road. Won 3 out of 4. Rinne looking like his old self again. Fisher with a goal. We had puck luck on our side tonight for once. Guys starting to get confidence in themselves again.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
He's had a couple of decent games now.

I've reached the point that I don't care if they are impressive or not. We are getting wins we need.

Exactly.

This season has been nothing but misery, so you better believe I am going to enjoy the heck out of back to back 4-1 road wins, regardless of the circumstances/opposition.

Does it mean we are back on track and all issues solved?? Of course not- only time will tell that. But I will worry about that next week. And before anyone says we just beat up on a couple of weak teams- well, all they can do is win the game, and they did. The opponents may not have been impressive but 4-1 wins are. And if we had lost there would be a hundred posts on how we are so bad we can't even beat the bottom feeders we are supposed to........

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Exactly.

This season has been nothing but misery, so you better believe I am going to enjoy the heck out of back to back 4-1 road wins, regardless of the circumstances/opposition.

Does it mean we are back on track and all issues solved?? Of course not- only time will tell that. But I will worry about that next week. And before anyone says we just beat up on a couple of weak teams- well, all they can do is win the game, and they did. The opponents may not have been impressive but 4-1 wins are. And if we had lost there would be a hundred posts on how we are so bad we can't even beat the bottom feeders we are supposed to........

And to further add to this, we were losing these games earlier this season.

ViperXX79

Aug 10, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
I don't think Jarnkrok gets a lot of credit for how well he plays. Sure it would be nice to get more offense from him but he plays his role very well. Lavi uses him like a utility player in baseball. He can fill in anywhere and play that position at least adequate. He's a terrific PK'er. A big reason for the nice kill streak we have going. I'm impressed by what he gives this team. He battles hard along the boards and you never worry about him being out of position.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Jarnkrok hasn't been lighting it up as far as the score sheet but I feel he is solid in his other roles.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I don't think Jarnkrok gets a lot of credit for how well he plays. Sure it would be nice to get more offense from him but he plays his role very well. Lavi uses him like a utility player in baseball. He can fill in anywhere and play that position at least adequate. He's a terrific PK'er. A big reason for the nice kill streak we have going. I'm impressed by what he gives this team. He battles hard along the boards and you never worry about him being out of position.

Agreed

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Jarnkrok hasn't been lighting it up as far as the score sheet but I feel he is solid in his other roles.

the problem is, what he does well are the skills you like for an elite 4th liner; he's not even moderately contributing as you'd need a 3rd liner to do.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
the problem is, what he does well are the skills you like for an elite 4th liner; he's not even moderately contributing as you'd need a 3rd liner to do.
but he contributes more than the 4th liners we have so what do you do?

I've still not seen a valid argument for Nystrom and Gaustad to remain in the line-up.

Players I'd take Jarnkrok over

Nystrom
Gaustad
Watson
Salomaki
and right now, Mike Fisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad