Votes: 163 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
Can you name 5 LWers better than Gaudreau? I'm not sure I could name 3...
Elite:
OV
Benn
Hall

high End/almost elite
panarin
marchand
Johnny Hockey
forsberg

didnt realize just how much the LW crop has thinned out over the years

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Elite:
OV
Benn
Hall

high End/almost elite
panarin
marchand
Johnny Hockey
forsberg

Hall over Gaudreau?

I don't have a horse in that race, but that's a very tough sell for me.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Agreed. There’s an argument to be made for Marchand, but I’d like to see if he can keep up the offensive production or if last season was an anomaly. OV and Benn are the only 2 LWers that are clearly a step above Gaudreau IMO.

Hall is not better than Johnny H.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Hall over Gaudreau?

Its been proven in other threads you haven't actually watch the Oilers in the past, but have a mighty axe to grind against anything related to them, so this is no surprise.

Last edited:

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Its been proven in other threads you don't actually watch the Oilers, but have a mighty axe to grind against them, so this is no surprise.
:laugh: Care to provide such proof? .... Or will this be yet another unsubstantiated claim?

....and what does a Gaudreau vs Hall have to do with the Oilers? Untwist those panties, son.

Reactions: Garthinater

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
:laugh: Care to provide such proof? .... Or will this be yet another unsubstantiated claim?

....and what does a Gaudreau vs Hall have to do with the Oilers? Untwist those panties, son.

Go ahead, lets hear your unbiased professional armchair quarterbacks analysis on Hall vs Gaudreau, kiddo. :laugh: This should be just as good as your Matthews>McDavid garbage.

Considering Hall's largest body of work being judged in any comparison is on the Oilers, I'd say it has lots to do with it, son. Your uncontrollable hatred for Oilers players blinds you to simple facts however.

Reactions: KlefDown

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Go ahead, lets hear your unbiased professional armchair quarterbacks analysis on Hall vs Gaudreau, kiddo. :laugh: This should be just as good as your Matthews>McDavid garbage.

Considering Hall's largest body of work being judged in any comparison is on the Oilers, I'd say it has lots to do with your uncontrollable hatred for Oilers players.
.... So again you're unwilling to provide evidence to support your initial claim?

And again, accuracy is key. Not once did I ever say Matthews>McDavid... Care to back this one up?

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
.... So again you're unwilling to provide evidence to support your initial claim?

And again, accuracy is key. Not once did I ever say Matthews>McDavid... Care to back this one up?

So you're not going to give your unbiased professional analysis? Gotcha. Same as usual, moving on.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
If someone hated the Oilers why wouldn't they try to hype Hall up since the Oilers gave him away?
That's what most would think... It's just funny watching him bury himself.

- Makes false claim. Asked to support such claim. Deflects by challenging another point while making another false claim. Asked again to substantiate initial claim, and the second one....and responds by saying I don't support my claims.

Don't tell him that everyone can see it play out too, ok? It's a lot funnier this way.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
Hall over Gaudreau?

I have both horses in the race, hall playing for jersey and Gaudreau being from jersey....

And I take Hall, not by much. Gadreau and the others i listed are right there behind...

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I have both horses in the race, hall playing for jersey and Gaudreau being from jersey....

And I take Hall, not by much. Gadreau and the others i listed are right there behind...
Yeah but that's not really the same. I love mcdavid because he's a good toronto boy but I don't even come close to wanting him to succeed as much as Matthews

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto

Fair enough. I see Gaudreau in the higher end of the hockey IQ while Hall at the opposite end of the spectrum. Hall has exceptional tools and he's a very good player, but I'll always take the brain over the brawn.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
i don't like Gaudreau much but he's an elite LW and he's better than Taylor Hall. Benn, Gaudreau, Marchand, Panarin, and Ovechkin are the top 5 LWers in the league (no particular order). Hall and Forsberg are in the next group down

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Elite:
OV
Benn
Hall

high End/almost elite
panarin
marchand
Johnny Hockey
forsberg

Hall over Marchand?

Marchand is clearly top 3 and I hate his guts as any non Bruins fan should

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Hall over Gaudreau?

Have you watched the devils this season? If not I would suggest that you do, Hall is everywhere. That said I'd probably still take Gaudreau over him but I would have to think twice about it.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
Hall is not better than Gaudreau lol.

they have comparable stats over not just the last three years, but their careers. both wingers. both play a speed game. Hall is just bigger, so he edges out gadreau imo.

but laughing at someone else's opinion...bit early in the morning to be so pretentious, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad