Willy... Looks Bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I like the guy and I'm personally glad TOR didn't trade him, but he is struggling and hard to watch right now. He's not handling the puck the way he can, he seems weak on his skates and his coordination isn't there. I thought he had a sure goal tonight, but he somehow missed.

I guess the only solution is to let him keep playing until he regains his form. I just hope it doesn't take too much longer. He's kind of hurting his image among non TOR fans right now (for what that's worth lol). HFB: "Every young player/prospect in the League > Nylander!!!"

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Well, I was expecting much, much more! Hopefully, it will come.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
people think this is house league.

missing all of camp and two whole months in the NHL is a big deal.

Relax. We have firepower to spare. When he's ready everyone will feel stupid for doubting him.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Nylander will get it going. I don't see him comparable to marner since he has lower hockey IQ and is probably one of our worst finishers in terms of goal scoring but he still has high end vision, great at zone entries and has elite skating. He very well could have a poor season like drouin did in his first year on the habs. He will be a leaf for the next 6 years, what matters most is his playoff performances to me. He won't be a 2pt in 7 game player. Once he gets it going he will get 65 ish points with room for 75. His IQ and inability to finish will hold him back from being a truly elite player in y opinion but he is a great complimentary piece right now. I hope he proves me wrong and can turn into a star. I have nothing against him since he signed, really want him to succeed since he is a leaf.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
Yeah he's playing like you'd expect given the situation. In training camp players generally take time getting rid of the rust - the difference here is Nylander is the only player on the ice with that rust. It will take time. No question he looks poor right now and it has nothing to do with the stat sheet. Lacks any confidence handling the puck and often turns it over or makes some sort of weak ineffective play.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Obviously it's understandable that he's not at his best right now given the time he missed. I just hope he can get it together sooner rather than later. That's all.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Who is the last guy to join this late. He has some kinks to work out, but we need him ready for the closing stretch and the playoffs. If he's not elite while we are winning, we can live with it.

Reactions: AreBe

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
I'm sick of these impatient hot takes. The guy has great advanced stats and is being hurt by low ice time and a garbage OISH%. When the puck luck turns around the points will be coming in spades

It’s ok to admit he’s playing awful. He is. Anyone with at least one working eyeball can see it. It’s to be expected. Trying to say that Nylander is playing ok, makes you seem like a homer that can’t rationally look at things.

Reactions: TML11 and mrbagina
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad