TV: Willow (Disney+)

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The Willow, Behind the magic special showed the first two pictures had blue screen behind them, not sure about the 3rd one but the fourth one looked like it was shot on the beach in Wales, where most of the episode took place. I'm not sure about the night scene, I just read on the comments of a reaction video, possibly Blind Wave's, that at least those glowing eels or whatever were supposedly real.
Ellie Bamber confirmed in one of the trailers that the island in the first two shots was a set. Also, a giveaway is that the clouds are the same in each. The next two shots are almost certainly of a set, as well, and probably the same one (since you might as well re-use the one that you've already flooded). Such thick fog isn't very natural and fake fog is a lot easier to maintain inside than outside. The final shot could also be the same set, since it, too, is flooded with ankle-deep water.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Ellie Bamber confirmed in one of the trailers that the island in the first two shots was a set. Also, a giveaway is that the clouds are the same in each. The next two shots are almost certainly of a set, as well, and probably the same one (since you might as well re-use the one that you've already flooded). Such thick fog isn't very natural and fake fog is a lot easier to maintain inside than outside. The final shot could also be the same set, since it, too, is flooded with ankle-deep water.
I literally said that.

Bowski

I don't order fries with my club sandwich.
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Wow, they actually went as far as to empty the Recycle Bin on this pile for crap (and others).

Wonder where the major disconnect was/is when someone is creating this type of garbage, but no one higher up looks in to make sure it's not fit to swim in their toilet bowl.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
"Empty the recycle bin." Good one. That's funny because there are currently files in my Windows recycle bin that have been there longer than Willow was on Disney+.

It's leaving on Friday, so you have two days to binge 10 episodes... or you can just do what most viewers did and watch only the first episode.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Ultimately, there has to be a reckoning in Hollywood for these kinds of failures. Woeful misteps tied in closely with virtue signaling but that so massively miss the mark from what people actually want to watch (especially from a nostaligia perspective). Out of pure greed there will be a recalibration, although it will be carefully framed so as not to offend the audience they were trying to appease in the first place.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
"Empty the recycle bin." Good one. That's funny because there are currently files in my Windows recycle bin that have been there longer than Willow was on Disney+.

It's leaving on Friday, so you have two days to binge 10 episodes... or you can just do what most viewers did and watch only the first episode.
8. And the show actually got good towards the end. Better than the movie.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
8. And the show actually got good towards the end. Better than the movie.
I strongly disagree that it got good and, especially, better than the movie towards the end. Earlier, you suggested that you hadn't seen the movie in decades and didn't remember much. Have you since gone back and re-watched it?

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I strongly disagree that it got good and, especially, better than the movie towards the end. Earlier, you suggested that you hadn't seen the movie in decades and didn't remember much. Have you since gone back and re-watched it?
Why would I? I remember how it went, basically, and have absolutely no desire to watch it again. Plus there were flashbacks to the key scenes in the show and in the Making Of episode. Which you'd know, had you watched it.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Why would I? I remember how it went, basically, and have absolutely no desire to watch it again.
Well, I re-watched the movie just before the show premiered because I wanted to be able to accurately compare the two. You said a couple of months ago that you "saw the movie once and barely remember anything," so it seemed odd to say that the show was better.
Plus there were flashbacks to the key scenes in the show and in the Making Of episode. Which you'd know, had you watched it.
I watched all 10 8 episodes and the "making of" episode. I'm not sure why you assumed otherwise.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Well, I re-watched the movie just before the show premiered because I wanted to be able to accurately compare the two. You said a couple of months ago that you "saw the movie once and barely remember anything," which didn't seem like a good basis to call one better than the other.

I watched all 10 8 episodes and the "making of" episode. I'm not sure why you assumed otherwise.
Well on this site, when people say they watched something, it usually means they haven't. Or they saw the stats.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Making a sequel to Willow and have it be successful was always going to be an uphill battle. It's not like the original movie was a hit and most people won't even remember it when they think of 80s movies.

The first episode would have had to be rock solid for it to have a chance so that people would keep watching and have it spread by word of mouth. It totally failed in that aspect and most people that tried to watch it, dropped it after one episode. So it was just dead on arrival.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad