Willie Mitchell scores in gm 4 :Liz Habib Sports Fail !

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I think it was done on purpose so that they would get more publicity.

It's pretty obvious. They named a player who hasn't played with them all season long. The only way that's more obvious is if she said Joe Biden had been the scorer.

We do have Joe Biden on the team, but he's a goalie. Big ****ing difference. ;)

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
i think Sean Price should juggle his lines this way for Sunday's Midnight Matchup

D. Khristich - C. Walken - D. Brown
Method Man - Raekwon - Ghostface Killah
D. Penner - Y. Arafat - Cobra Commander
Animal - Slash - B. Vilanch

B. Doty - R. Blake
W. Mitchell - Gunzo
N. Vidal - A. Kopidor
T. Hatcher

J. Biden

Last edited:

BamBam1031

Aug 8, 2008
I think it was done on purpose so that they would get more publicity.

It's pretty obvious. They named a player who hasn't played with them all season long. The only way that's more obvious is if she said Joe Biden had been the scorer.

Well, people are still talking about Brad Doty, right? Winner winner chicken dinner.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
i think Animal can pull it off despite being injured... he is an all-star after all

$%28KGrHqV,!jkFBOTu!Ul6BQYOPoDBpw~~60_35.JPG

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
At this point, you can't help but wonder the writers do this stuff on purpose :laugh:

Could be. She used to work here in Phoenix on Channel 3 before she went to LA; here is some stuff to check out and I'll let you guys decide on all of this by comparing and contrasting her then and now.

56622796_c6b4b793e4_m.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

There is also this article by the Phoenix New Times about her as well; caution with the language in it.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2001-01-04/news/liz-they-hardly-knew-ye/

I can't find much else about her on the net from Phoenix as it is slim pickings.

Last edited:

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
I was going to close this thread because I thought someone bumped last years. I couldn't believe it when I realized it was a fresh fail. Oy.

Ron*

I was going to close this thread because I thought someone bumped last years. I couldn't believe it when I realized it was a fresh fail. Oy.

"Fresh fail" but on purpose. Neither she nor her writers are that stupid.

But one must have to wonder why a newscast has to pull this stunt just to get viewers. It's one reason why I never watch the news on TV.

"Newsactors"

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Mittens*

Could be. She used to work here in Phoenix on Channel 3 before she went to LA; here is some stuff to check out and I'll let you guys decide on all of this by comparing and contrasting her then and now.

56622796_c6b4b793e4_m.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

There is also this article by the Phoenix New Times about her as well; caution with the language in it.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2001-01-04/news/liz-they-hardly-knew-ye/

I can't find much else about her on the net from Phoenix as it is slim pickings.

Wow!

That's scary stuff

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
You'd think that with only one goal scored it wouldn't be too hard to find out who scored. Also, if you're the sports reporter and you watch the highlight before you put your report together, they actually say who scored. But hey, it wouldn't be the playoffs without a local sports fail.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

I felt kind of bad because this chick got fired. But when you suck at your job multiple times, you are going to get fired, no matter what you do. Unless your Glen Sather.

DeeMeck

Jan 19, 2008
These things have been done on purpose for awhile I'd imagine in L.A. market.

That website is bringing a huge amount of traffic, which allows the news station to make more money by selling more ads.

I do know it's a YouTube vid but their website is still bringing in traffic because of it, even if it is just people to complain.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

I felt kind of bad because this chick got fired. But when you suck at your job multiple times, you are going to get fired, no matter what you do. Unless your Glen Sather.

That's cool you called her a chick... :laugh:

Actually, this Susanna reporter was more smooth than Habib has ever been doing a sports piece. She missed one word - then she instantly corrected herself. No biggy, imo.

Habib keeps missing many words and just keeps charging ahead. She almost seems drunk.

Ron*

These things have been done on purpose for awhile I'd imagine in L.A. market.

That website is bringing a huge amount of traffic, which allows the news station to make more money by selling more ads.

I do know it's a YouTube vid but their website is still bringing in traffic because of it, even if it is just people to complain.

It's pretty transparent. They pronounced Willie Mitchell's name perfectly.

Ron*

That's cool you called her a chick... :laugh:

Actually, this Susanna reporter was more smooth than Habib has ever been doing a sports piece. She missed one word - then she instantly corrected herself. No biggy, imo.

Habib keeps missing many words and just keeps charging ahead. She almost seems drunk.

It wasn't this incident that got her fired. The Blackhawks found out about her videos on Sports Nutz and that's what did it.

Pretty crappy move by the Hawks, but it is what it is. And she is indeed a hell of a lot smoother than O'Neal or Moriarty.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I'll admit it: I like O'Neal. He's very passionate, obviously does his homework, and genuinely loves the Kings. He's kind of a goober sometimes, but I like him. He was on AM 570 yesterday and he's extremely knowledgable and loves his job.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I'll admit it: I like O'Neal. He's very passionate, obviously does his homework, and genuinely loves the Kings. He's kind of a goober sometimes, but I like him. He was on AM 570 yesterday and he's extremely knowledgable and loves his job.

Just don't call him a Duck lover... far from it :D

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4