2. Seabrook has actual playoff/stanley cup experience
3. Seabrook had more points this season as a defenseman
4. Better than Gardiner

lol

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That's gonna be a no from Calgary dawg.
Don't need another player like Nylander.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Crazy how much the perceived value of a player can change in one season. I'm a Flames fan and laughed when Leaf fans wouldn't trade Nylander for Dougie. Dougie just put up 6 points and was a +4 against the cup champs. Now everyone acts like Nylander has negative value, which is again laughable. The truth is in the middle. Someone would move a late 1st/early 2nd and B prospect for him at the draft easily, maybe more.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Crazy how much the perceived value of a player can change in one season. I'm a Flames fan and laughed when Leaf fans wouldn't trade Nylander for Dougie. Dougie just put up 6 points and was a +4 against the cup champs. Now everyone acts like Nylander has negative value, which is again laughable. The truth is in the middle. Someone would move a late 1st/early 2nd and B prospect for him at the draft easily, maybe more.
Nylander isn't moving.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I’d offer hamonic+Bennett+ for him no questions asked. Wouldn’t ruin our defense and it would give us a #2C that we really need.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Anytime, hope you enjoyed your one year fluke of making the playoffs.
Yup, finishing first place means you fluked your way into the playoffs. You can critique the playoff performance for sure, but the Flames coasted their way to first in the conference resting top players. I love guys who make definitive statements about who will or won't be moving. Especially for a team looking to move out money.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Yup, finishing first place means you fluked your way into the playoffs. You can critique the playoff performance for sure, but the Flames coasted their way to first in the conference resting top players. I love guys who make definitive statements about who will or won't be moving. Especially for a team looking to move out money.
Losing in 5 to a wild card team as the top seed and not making the playoffs for a few years before that? Yup, fluke. Hopefully your star midget stops being a playoff choker and you get an actual 1C at some point. If you don't, the midget might have to get traded ala Kessel.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Losing in 5 to a wild card team as the top seed and not making the playoffs for a few years before that? Yup, fluke. Hopefully your star midget stops being a playoff choker and you get an actual 1C at some point. If you don't, the midget might have to get traded ala Kessel.
Who's the midget?

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
Thought you were a Leafs fan for a sec... Hence the playoff wins comment lol.

But yeah, you aren't winning **** as long as 9 year old Gaudreau is your top player and you have Monohan masquerading as a #1c. Also, Gio isn't gonna replicate his one-off 35 year old Norris season again

You seem to know a thing or two about winning. Is that you, Kevin Lowe?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
How's the future looking for you guys?

Or do all Oilers fans live in the past?
Reasonably bright considering we have the best player in the world (22 years old) and a 50 goal 105 point scorer (23 years old). And some solid support guys in Nuge/Klefbom/Nurse along with a pretty decent prospect pool headlined by stud Evan Bouchard.

Not too shabby eh

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Reasonably bright considering we have the best player in the world (22 years old) and a 50 goal 105 point scorer (23 years old). And some solid support guys in Nuge/Klefbom/Nurse along with a pretty decent prospect pool headlined by stud Evan Bouchard.

Not too shabby eh
That group that couldn't even get you in as the 8th seed in a historically weak West?

It's easy to chirp players for lack of playoff success when your team can't even get there to show how they'd do in the playoffs.

I'm also sure LD will keep shooting 20% the rest of the way.

This time next year, McDavid rumors will be commencing. Good luck.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
That group that couldn't even get you in as the 8th seed in a historically weak West?

It's easy to chirp players for lack of playoff success when your team can't even get there to show how they'd do in the playoffs.

I'm also sure LD will keep shooting 20% the rest of the way.

This time next year, McDavid rumors will be commencing. Good luck.
When you look past those guys at the bottom 6 and the goaltending you find the issues. No team with that bottom 6/ top 6 wingers and goaltending is making the playoffs.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
When you look past those guys at the bottom 6 and the goaltending you find the issues. No team with that bottom 6/ top 6 wingers and goaltending is making the playoffs.

Like I said, one year from now a lot of Oiler fans including yourself are going to be on that ledge.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Here's a trade that might work out for both teams.

To TOR:
S. Monahan
T. Brodie

To CGY:
W. Nylander
N. Kadri
S. Durzi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad