Value of: William Nylander to Calgary

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Flames could certainly use some more weaponry to not be too predictable on the top lines.

Plus, could he slot alongside Gaudreau and/or Monahan? Maybe with Lindholm?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
both teams need to shed cap, or in Calgary's case figure out how much space they have after RFA's and goalies are locked up

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
What's the over/under on Nylander to ?? threads?

I suppose the max is 31, but the way Leafs fans feel they might try to trade him to CSKA for something at this rate too.

I'll go with 20 teams . . . by the end of the week

Reactions: MC2D

Bond

May 10, 2012
Outside of cap issues, I don't think there is a fit. Tkachuk, Monahan, Lindholm and Gaudreau are too valuable or lateral to trade for Nylander.

So that leaves you with D and Backlund. Brodie and Hamonic are the likely trade targets and neither gets Nylander.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Barf. Flames are soft and inconsistent enough. Nylander is just more of the same with a crappier price tag.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
They might not win you cups in todays NHL....

But at least they can win you 1 playoff series

We won a playoff series with Johnny crier and ghost man Monahan, what’s your point? Don’t tell me you honestly think you’d rather have lucic and kassian over tkachuk and Lindholm...

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
We won a playoff series with Johnny crier and ghost man Monahan, what’s your point? Don’t tell me you honestly think you’d rather have lucic and kassian over tkachuk and Lindholm...
Thought you were a Leafs fan for a sec... Hence the playoff wins comment lol.

But yeah, you aren't winning shit as long as 9 year old Gaudreau is your top player and you have Monohan masquerading as a #1c. Also, Gio isn't gonna replicate his one-off 35 year old Norris season again

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Thought you were a Leafs fan for a sec... Hence the playoff wins comment lol.

But yeah, you aren't winning **** as long as 9 year old Gaudreau is your top player and you have Monohan masquerading as a #1c. Also, Gio isn't gonna replicate his one-off 35 year old Norris season again

K, we’re still better than you so who cares lol

Ahhh... f*** I don’t even have the energy to berate oilers fans anymore. Sad day indeed.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
No, we need tough big guys like lucic and kassian. Those guys win you cups lol

Lucic has actually done that this decade. The Leafs hasn't won a playoff series since the lockout. I know Lucic sucks now but it's still a weird attempt at an insult.

Edit: Thought this was a Leafs fan too. Let's be honest all trash talk aside no fan of any Canadian team should be laughing at another without expecting laughs back.

It's been over a quarter century since a Canadian club won the Cup.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Outside of cap issues, I don't think there is a fit. Tkachuk, Monahan, Lindholm and Gaudreau are too valuable or lateral to trade for Nylander.

So that leaves you with D and Backlund. Brodie and Hamonic are the likely trade targets and neither gets Nylander.

Nylander is soft and overpaid. He is useless in the playoffs. He is the last guy the flames need.

But I'll do Neal for nylander...just to help out the leafs

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
As an Oilers fan I condone a Nylander to Calgary trade.

Another soft ass playoff ghost would fit right in to their top 6!
Nah he doesn't like the playoffs. Perfect fit for the oilers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad