William Nylander Part XV

Re-sign or trade for a solid D

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Shanahan said he will buy Willy some property using an offshore account that cannot be traced back to MLSE to cover th difference between the contract offered and the ask by Nylander’s camp

He is just checking it out in Zurich

;)
Well,when Lou came on board ,I remember him saying that Shanny can be very convincing!

Reactions: PromisedLand

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The feigned KHL rumour might indicate that's the Nylander camp's last play to drum up a pressure point?

roosterman

Feb 4, 2008
The only direct flight from Zurich tomorrow is an Air Canada flight arriving at noon. Who works at the airport to witness the arrival? LOL. Presser will be at 4PM.

9:35 am — 12:00 pm
Air Canada 879
nonstop
8h 25m
ZRH ‐ YYZ

Reactions: PromisedLand

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I think bare minimum they were hoping for Matthews to atleast start slow.

Horrible risk assessment on their part since Matthews has always started hot.

I don't think Nylander camp factored in that may be Kappy might be promoted; they gambles that Ennis and Marleau with Matthews may make that line struggle.

Kappy was the wild card that they didn't expect ;)

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I am just guessing again here that it is in the leafs’ interest now to delay the sinning as much as possible till dec. 1st to lower the cap hit in the long run

Unless Nylander is getting something really good out of that it's not helping him any, half the fan base already hates him and want him gone

If I was him the only way I'd agree to that is if I'm getting my money as a lump sum at the start of that potential lockout year, that's got a ton of value to him

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Bridge deals. Are there any good examples of those working in favor for the team?

Not when it comes to stars, major offensive producers. If I was putting money down I’d do it on the player winning out in the long term outcome.

It’s a less than ideal outcome, but would be better than no deal at all.

I’ll be curious to see if they manage to find a compromise on a “medium” term deal in the 4-5 year range. Though obviously hoping a longe term deal could be reached

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
None of the major airlines between Stockholm and Toronto connect through Zurich.
I was just going to post this. Flying to Zurich from Stockholm is like driving to the cottage. Pretty much domestic, business class... who knows why he's there?

Reactions: Slot

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Unless Nylander is getting something really good out of that it's not helping him any, half the fan base already hates him and want him gone

If I was him the only way I'd agree to that is if I'm getting my money as a lump sum at the start of that potential lockout year, that's got a ton of value to him

Given the way they structured Tavares' contract, I wouldn't be surprised if they structure Nylander's contract in a similar fashion.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
So we look at one season's ppg, rather than career. Gotcha.
When it comes to a 21 year old, yes. The last season of an elc matters by far the most. Not the season they were a rookie possibly burried on the 4th line. It's just common sense and you know it.

Who makes more money after their 3 year elc? A player who went 10/40/100? Or a player who went 50/50/50? Both end up with 150 points.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Why get this far?

I've given up trying to work out what the hell Nylander's camp is trying to achieve at this point

Doubling down on losses.

People aren’t rational - things like pride get in the way of making the logical move all the time. Gross in particular strikes me as a guy who doesn’t like to be seen as surrendering/backing down.

A deal is just a matter of time, all that’s left to be seen is how stubborn he is.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
I was just going to post this. Flying to Zurich from Stockholm is like driving to the cottage. Pretty much domestic, business class... who knows why he's there?

It's like going New York to Los Angeles with a stopover in Edmonton. I mean, it can be done, but why?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Michael Nylander used to play for their NLA team. That's about the only direct connection I can see. I dunno he's rich, who knows maybe he bought some property over there.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Given the way they structured Tavares' contract, I wouldn't be surprised if they structure Nylander's contract in a similar fashion.

We should do, we can afford to do it and we may be able to shave a little AAV off

It may make trading him a little more difficult though, some teams just can afford a 6M lump sum at the start of the season

Doubling down on losses.

People aren’t rational - things like pride get in the way of making the logical move all the time. Gross in particular strikes me as a guy who doesn’t like to be seen as surrendering/backing down.

A deal is just a matter of time, all that’s left to be seen is how stubborn he is.

It's bad strategy, mixing feelings and business isn't good by and large

I'd have given in by now because all your doing right now is digging the hole deeper, when that's happening I've always been told stop digging

I think Nylander needs to go to his agent and tell him he's signing, it's over and let's take the best option available at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad