William Nylander Part XV

Re-sign or trade for a solid D

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Im aware there is a whole thread on him but I really wanted to see this in a poll.

Would you trade Nylander for a solid D or resign him if you had the option? Define “solid” as you would like and expect in reasonable terms.

Personally with how much Toronto is killing it (yes it’s early but still) I think that a solid D would be worth it since they are doing all this without him.

Completely understand is this is taken down

Thanks all!

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
We can't be greedy and want more and more and more offence, we have enough offence. Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Kadri etc those 4 alone are enough to be the core forward group for years.

What we need is defence and unless we're going to wait for guys like Liljegren/Sandin something needs to happen. Imo we won't be able to afford a "Big 4" so Nylander seems the ideal carrot to dangle.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Once the new contracts are signed,good luck cracking this line up in the next couple years if your a forward.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Honestly, we won't get a D worth what Nylander is back.

If by some magic some GM wants to make us a sweetheart deal fine, but I can't imagine it.

We'll just end up with another Hall for Larsson.

Reactions: TMLS

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
I would trade him for a D but i don't want a Hall for Larsson type swap. Get fair value or keep him.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
So another Hall vs Larsson type deal? Easy pass. Unless its an offensive 2way defenceman I'd easily rather have Nylander. We haven't even seen Nylanders potential. It would be downright foolish to sell him low.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Nylander is miles better than "solid". Trading him would be a huge mistake unless an elite young defenceman was coming back.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
It's a scary thought... so you got to give Yzerman kudos for having the brass kahunas to do the same thing, in almost the same position (but he was more handcuffed with Drouin requesting a trade previously).

To Leafs: Bouchard (6'3, RH D, 10th overall in 2018)
To Oilers: Nylander

This the is what I would consider a very similar trade to the Drouin one.

Reactions: Maple Leafs

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
It's a scary thought... so you got to give Yzerman kudos for having the brass kahunas to do the same thing, in almost the same position (but he was more handcuffed with Drouin requesting a trade previously).

To Leafs: Bouchard (6'3, RH D, 10th overall in 2018)
To Oilers: Nylander

This the is what I would consider a very similar trade to the Drouin one.
no, but i do like Bouchard.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Nylander is miles better than "solid". Trading him would be a huge mistake unless an elite young defenceman was coming back.

Which would never happen as he's an RFA and hasn't played to his potential yet. So you'd just end up with an Adam Larsson return. Who isn't bad but does anyone wanna trade Nylander for an Adam Larsson (maybe those morons on Sportsnet/TSN TV & Radio but ignoring them).

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Nylander. I feel like we can get a 2nd pairing D using other assets and our deep prospect pool.

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
With the first two lines going crazy, and the third line holding its own now against top oppositions, i feel nylander value to this team is in serious jeopardy
I mean no question about his skill level but we have plenty of 3rd pair defensemen that can be paired with willi to land a 2nd pairing d men or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad