Value of: William Nylander for an RHD

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Not sure that deal exists.

Something around Nylander and Parayko?

If you want Parayko, than that something around Nylander has to be Matthews or Marner(good young D man are hard to come by.)

The Leafs making the playoffs this year should be a huge boast to that franchise, even if they lose, they will know what areas of their team to work on.

Reactions: Dzonna and The Drop

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I'd do it. I would want a small add for Hamilton. Bracco or Kapanen maybe? I think Hamilton is the more valuable player but it's a good hockey trade and infinitely closer than Hall/Larssen.

We don't have anyone in our system that projects to be even close to Nylander but I love our defensive prospects.

Put Brodie back with Giordano and I'm confident Andersson or Valimaki can earn a spot. If we get old Brodie back that would fill a huge part of Hamiltons absence as well.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
If you want Parayko, than that something around Nylander has to be Matthews or Marner(good young D man are hard to come by.)

The Leafs making the playoffs this year should be a huge boast to that franchise, even if they lose, they will know what areas of their team to work on.
So you think Parayko is worth Nylander AND one of Matthews or Marner?

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Could try another 462 Kapanen+2nd+Carrick offers for every good defenceman in the league threads, I suppose.

Trading Nylander inherently is not dumb. Trading Nylander and not getting a legit #1, like the Oilers did with Hall, IS dumb. All depends on what the return is.

Oiler fans get really frustrated when fans of other teams try to pawn their #2-3 defencemen and spare change off as a reasonable return for Draisaitl - looking at you, Wild fans - so we do get it.

Guys like Nylander don’t land #1 defense, hell even the Taylor Halls of the world shouldn’t without significant adds.

Reactions: Snowman

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gotta love these melt down threads for a 21 year old who clearly is having a sophmore slump
lol only on HF boards you are having a sophomore slump hitting 61pts as a 21 year old, People expect WAY too much from players... not every great player is a PPG, if it was the case every game would finish 9-7, i'd take Nylander on the Habs any time of the day.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Sure, you can have Tyler Myers and Matty P, gets you a RHD and some grit ;)

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
Nylader's value si the same today as it was the whole year. IMO he has very high potential and we're not even remotely interested in trading him unless massive overpayment. We'll fix our defense eventually. I know people are super into the notion that you need to win when your top guys are on ELC but that doesn't really happen, it happened with Chicago but that team whas HOLYSH*T deep.

The problem is the players on our team that are in their prime now (or veterans) are the more-or-less the depth players: Bozak, Marleau, Kadri (exception but suspended atm), Hainsey, JVR - also exception but he's hardly in the mold of lets say currently prime Bergeron - Marchand or Scheifele - Wheeler, who are the top cogs on their respective teams and their young players complete the core. But with Leafs its the other way around where the young guys are the core and veterans/prime guys are 2nd fiddle. There is a reason most belive Bozak and JVR will not be re-signed, as the leafs are continuing with the rebuild. It would be nice to win some rounds with the current group but what can you do.

So keep dreaming about landing Nylander, because it ain't going to happen. Funny how when 1 poser makes a thread "value of William Nylander" everyone assumes we're trying to get rid of him and his value is the same as of Sam Gagner.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
lol only on HF boards you are having a sophomore slump hitting 61pts as a 21 year old, People expect WAY too much from players... not every great player is a PPG, if it was the case every game would finish 9-7, i'd take Nylander on the Habs any time of the day.
It is a bit odd considering he got exactly 61 points the year before as well. Not much of a slump. Ugly playoffs, though.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Nylander sucks now? What has changed? Did he all of a sudden became a 30+ over the hill forward? Wait NVM just checked still 21 years old. The over reaction sometimes. I have to admit though, Nylander looks very soft..

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Nylander sucks now? What has changed? Did he all of a sudden became a 30+ over the hill forward? Wait NVM just checked still 21 years old. The over reaction sometimes. I have to admit though, Nylander looks very soft..
his shot sure isn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes