LeBrun: William Karlsson nearing 8 year deal with Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Will be interesting to see where this lands as he looks to be the first of the RFAs to sign his deal. He's a hard one to peg as to where his deal lands coming off a season of 56 points, which was proceeded by a season with 78.

He's a career .53/game guy, so as I said, he's a hard to to predict.

Projections had his at 5 years @ 6.4

So that's obviously out the window with the rumored 8 year deal.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
This will put them right up near the 10% max cap overage for the summer

Wonder which forward gets shipped out? I would love to have any of Marchessault, Tuch, R. Smith, Haula or Gusev

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Guessing it will be a steal.

8 x 6.5m.

7m would be the most reasonable contract IMO.
Really, I think this will be a total albatross and bite them in the ass soon. I'm thinking he gets paid closer to his 1st year production with Vegas than what he actually is.

Reactions: Shark Finn

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
8*6.5. don't forget vegas has the tax benefit. that's equal to 8 anywhere else.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
This will put them right up near the 10% max cap overage for the summer

Wonder which forward gets shipped out? I would love to have any of Marchessault, Tuch, R. Smith, Haula or Gusev

No doubt, it's going to be tight. Why wouldn't they do a trade or two before the signing. Teams should be able to squeeze the Knights pretty hard if they're so far over the cap.

Reactions: wgpsensfan

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I am the only one to think that 8 years 6.5M per is awful? I see people here calling that a steal. I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole

So long as there aren't bonuses that make it buyout proof during the second half, that would be fine. He would get a lot more than that on the open market next season.

I'll be surprised if it is as low as 6.5. Like others in the thread have said, I think maybe we'll see a trade before this contract is signed. If Vegas gets Karlsson for 6.5, that's a very team friendly deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad