Votes: 25 30.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 37.3%
  • Don’t know yet

Votes: 27 32.5%

• Total voters

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I will probably watch very little hockey period. I took a year off and really didn't miss it. Same for all sports really. Just tired of all the BS that comes with it now a days.
That’s gonna be my decision, move to an established NHL city, or enjoy more travel…. despite what I said last night, the option of being a casual fan is there.

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021
nah I’m done. The way we have been treated by others it’s become personal. I could never root for the same team as those people.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
No. Coyotes became my number two after moving here. I will not have any reason to maintain by number two status unless they move to Milwaukee.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
No, I don't think so. Watched, listened and attended RR games. Phoenix FD had a suite in downtown arena when the 'Yotes first moved here, went to many, many games there. Drove to bumf**k Glendale with my partial season ticket package a lot. When I heard from a Coyote's insider that their was NO Plan B, I thought if this doesn't pass, I'm done. Well there you have it.

hockeyman17

Aug 27, 2020
Being a hockey fan in general, can anyone explain why Tempe residents voted this down? If I am reading correctly, it was 100% privately financed, is that correct?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Being a hockey fan in general, can anyone explain why Tempe residents voted this down? If I am reading correctly, it was 100% privately financed, is that correct?

Two words: Politics, and NIMBY.

The "No" campaign convinced the voters that all the tax breaks for the project was lost potential revenue for the city (leaving out a veritable Mount Everest of context and facts that put it into perspective).

And, bluntly, the Tempe voters didn't like the idea of increased traffic in that area of the city.

That's basically it.

hockeyman17

Aug 27, 2020

The "No" campaign convinced the voters that all the tax breaks for the project was lost potential revenue for the city (leaving out a veritable Mount Everest of context and facts that put it into perspective).

And, bluntly, the Tempe voters didn't like the idea of increased traffic in that area of the city.

That's basically it.
Appreciate it mate. Truly disappointed to see them leave. I think if in the right area, the team would likely thrive there.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
If they went to salt lake I’d stay a fan and follow. My wife is from there and it’d be easy to root for. I’m ok with that for sure.

Reactions: Prestigeworldwide

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018

That's basically it.
f*** NIMBYs

Sorry guys

Reactions: Sinurgy

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
If they went to salt lake I’d stay a fan and follow. My wife is from there and it’d be easy to root for. I’m ok with that for sure.

My daughters would be happy because two of them live up there and they already go to the Maverik Center to see the ECHL team. It'd make it easier for me to follow and be invested in the team. But honestly, I loathe the Utah Valley corridor, and I know way too much about the stranglehold the Mormon Church has on the government and, really, every single other institution up there to ever be comfortable with the situation.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Emphatic "f*** no" from me. Why should I care about a team playing in some city I don't live in? That's nearly as dumb as actively rooting against the team representing city you live in after living here for decades -- which I see a lot of. From a sour grapes angle, I can't think of anything worse than the Coyotes turning into a winning team in some other city, and that's likely to happen.
When I lost the North Stars to Dallas I was done with the team. Completely. Not saying I'll give up on this team after relocation, because I'm pretty invested in the rebuild and a huge fan of GMBA, but it'll slowly start to drop off I imagine. Any city that inherits this team has a bright future in my opinion.
I'll continue to be an NHL fan, just without a team to cheer for. I was a big fan of the Wild before I moved to AZ, but don't know if I can go back to that. They have stability and a great prospect pool at least.
My best friend is from Montreal and a huge Habs fan, so that's another possibility for me.
Who loses two teams to relocation? Me.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I most likely would not follow them (although I would occasionally check their standings). I'll look for a team that is in a fun location to visit, perhaps Seattle? I completed my student teaching semester near Seattle (about 25 years ago), and enjoyed the area, so it would be nice to schedule a trip out there where I could catch a few games and enjoy the rest of the area in my "off-time."

Or, I suppose I could pick an Eastern team (meh...) to catch games more frequently, but ugh, Flyers, Penguins, or Capitals? :(

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I most likely would not follow them (although I would occasionally check their standings). I'll look for a team that is in a fun location to visit, perhaps Seattle? I completed my student teaching semester near Seattle (about 25 years ago), and enjoyed the area, so it would be nice to schedule a trip out there where I could catch a few games and enjoy the rest of the area in my "off-time."

Or, I suppose I could pick an Eastern team (meh...) to catch games more frequently, but ugh, Flyers, Penguins, or Capitals? :(

I could probably jump ship to Colorado. Lived there a couple years and my wife is from there. That said, it would feel like the easy way out. Suddenly start rooting for a team that is built for back to back championships.

I’ve always admired the Rangers because of their sweaters and MSG.

That said, it would never be the same. It’s either the Coyotes stay, they move and somehow I remain interested, or I’m done with being a diehard

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
If they move to Houston, it could be a situation where I don't get the out of market games, and they are blacked out for the local channel(I'm in Dallas). If they relocate to somewhere where I can get every game except when they play the stars on ESPN+, I will still follow them. I grew up with them, so I'd prefer to say I was through the rough times until they finally succeeded.

Reactions: Summer Rose

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I don't think SLC would be popular destination for hockey players.

In all fairness, they make some moderate exceptions for their pro sports players up there. It's a nice little double standard they set because they understand the PR value of having pro sports in Utah. "Come for the Jazz, stay for the proselyting," so to speak. But there's as much of a microscope on them as hockey players have in Canada - just for a bit of a different reason.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The % of Mormon polygamists is probably not much higher than the % of Muslim terrorists or Catholic child abusers or Baptist snake charmers.

Yeah. The thing to get on Mormons about is not their historic marriage practices - it's the fact that most of them don't know that their church is taking their money and buying up a stupefying portfolio of media, real estate, and corporate assets. Hell, they own Arizona Sports and the KTAR stations here in town, so when you're listening to Coyotes games, you're funding their outreach!

But I digress.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Yeah. The thing to get on Mormons about is not their historic marriage practices - it's the fact that most of them don't know that their church is taking their money and buying up a stupefying portfolio of media, real estate, and corporate assets. Hell, they own Arizona Sports and the KTAR stations here in town, so when you're listening to Coyotes games, you're funding their outreach!

But I digress.
Yeah my last 18 months in Florida, my daily commute was from the Orlando Intl Airport to the Kennedy Space center entrance, about 35 miles. Fully half of that was through cattle ranch land owned by the LDS.

DeseretMapUnivIdaho.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad