Will you be Mad at Hamhuis if He doesnt waive his NTC??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Disappointed.

Very easy to pull a Vermette and come back in July.
Everyone knows both parties want him here.
He has a good chance at the cup.
Could reinvigorate his career.
This would make his team. (Our team) so much better. Wouldn't he want an opportunity to play for a cup here in Vancouver in a couple years?

I wouldn't blame him. I blame benning for not influencing. I blame benning for not laying out a plan for Dan to buy into.

Come on man, it's 4 months maximum. You're a rich hockey player. Being your wife down there with you. See the world from another perspective.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Disappointed.

Very easy to pull a Vermette and come back in July.
Everyone knows both parties want him here.
He has a good chance at the cup.
Could reinvigorate his career.
This would make his team. (Our team) so much better. Wouldn't he want an opportunity to play for a cup here in Vancouver in a couple years?

I wouldn't blame him. I blame benning for not influencing. I blame benning for not laying out a plan for Dan to buy into.

Come on man, it's 4 months maximum. You're a rich hockey player. Being your wife down there with you. See the world from another perspective.

^This...come back knowing you helped bolster the franchise with a couple of good assets. I wouldn't be mad at Hammer, but it would definitely be a disappointment if he didn't waive.

I have this feeling Benning will wait too long and any teams that were interested in Hammer will find a different dance partner, leaving teams that Hamhuis isn't interested in going to left at the table.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
I have this feeling Benning will wait too long and any teams that were interested in Hammer will find a different dance partner, leaving teams that Hamhuis isn't interested in going to left at the table.

I didn't write this, but that's exactly what I'm thinking will happen.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I just wish they'd come out and say he won't waive or they aren't trading him and get it over with.

It'll be so incredibly disappointing we're thinking all the way up to the deadline that he's willing to go and he doesn't.

Benjo

Mar 25, 2009
I wont be mad because even if he does waive I dont trust Benning to get full value for our players.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Well now he says he will accept a trade so me and the others dont have to give him such a hard time :laugh:

Sorry Dan your a good guy! :)

BrockBoeser6

Dec 28, 2013
Vancouver
Nope, he left a lot of money on the table when he signed his discount. He's earned the right to say no IMO. I think a conversation behind closed doors needs to happen about resigning after a cup run to get him to waive though.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
So he did decide to waive and Jimbo couldn't get a deal done. Good on Hamhuis for being open to a trade. Hopefully we can resign him to a reasonable contract.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So he did decide to waive and Jimbo couldn't get a deal done. Good on Hamhuis for being open to a trade. Hopefully we can resign him to a reasonable contract.

Not a chance he ever whears are jersey after this season if i was willie id healthy scratch him the rest of this joke season

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Thought I just read on TSN ticker Hamhuis told to not report today under any circumstances. This was around 20 min ago. I guess he wishy washed too much and screwed us.

Good

That would be the best news all day

#banhamhuis

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Can't be mad at Hammer. He waived to 2 teams when he didn't need to. Great interview post deadline.

Complete character guy.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Can't be mad at Hammer. He waived to 2 teams when he didn't need to. Great interview post deadline.

Complete character guy.

After seeing that interview pretty much agree. Benning an idiot but maybe Hamhuis should have agreed earlier I don't know. Either way done dissapointed but Hammer had the right to refuse and he even waived with 5/6 days notice not mad at him. We just have a lousy negotiator in Benning. He's a scout way out of his element. Linden royally screwed up and needs to relieve Benning of the GM title before even more damage is done.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
I hope he resigns. Even if he drifts into a 3rd pairing dman who has lost a bit of a step later on, he is always going to be a good dman with his skill set.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Here's a question...

Hamhuis said he didn't want to waive to go to the East for family reasons.

What reason could that be? In this situation why does distance to Vancouver even matter? It's not like he can travel in between games to Vancouver.

You'd think he'd make an exception for teams like WSH or TBL who would have easier paths to the cup than a lot of the West teams. He also has ex-coach connections on both teams.

Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad