Will you be Mad at Hamhuis if He doesnt waive his NTC??

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceOfPucks

Jan 4, 2016
Keep in mind he left around 3 million dollars on the table and gave us a huge discount in 2010 in exchange for the NTC.

Big time family man, possibly cares more about family over the Stanley cup.

Coming off major major surgery and injury and quite possibly he wouldn't mind having a shorter season rather than a playoff grind.

So would you be mad if exercises his right to NTC. Or do you blame Gillis for handing out NTCs like candies on Halloween.

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Its hard not to be mad as a fan, but he's just exercising his rights. And he's earned the rights to make the choice for himself and his family.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Keep in mind he left around 3 million dollars on the table and gave us a huge discount in 2010 in exchange for the NTC.

Big time family man, possibly cares more about family over the Stanley cup.

Coming off major major surgery and injury and quite possibly he wouldn't mind having a shorter season rather than a playoff grind.

So would you be mad if exercises his right to NTC. Or do you blame Gillis for handing out NTCs like candies on Halloween.

If the Canucks didn't give Hamhuis a NTC the idea of getting assets back for him at the end of his contract wouldn't even be a discussion. He simply wouldn't have signed here.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Yes and no. Maybe not "mad" but disappointed.

I know he gave up a lot to sign here, and I'd hate to see him go, he's been such a great player for us... but he'd really be doing us a solid by waiving and helping the future of this team.

Hell, if he was really wanting to re-sign here in the summer I'd be elated to take him back, if he waives he'll only be helping his future team, either in the playoffs, or by returning some good assets for the Canucks. :naughty:

It does sound like he'll probably waive though. Just the comments he's made about discussing it with his family, etc.

Hamhuis rocks, he'll do the right thing.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
Yes, just in case he's reading this thread. Don't want him thinking people want him around here. Waive Danny Waive.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Hamhuis has already said that he will waive his NTC. If he does not get traded this is all on Benning. That's where the anger should be directed.

Kickassguy

High-End Intangible
Sep 24, 2002
Vancouver + NYC
Nope. He earned it and has given his all to the franchise. He can do what he wants with it.

But it sounds like he's inclined to waive it.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
No I won't.

I have a lot of respect for him as a hockey player, and even more for him as a person. He's a great guy and he has the right to do what he wants and what is best for his family.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
If he won't waive then re-signs with the team at a fair cap hit and term, I'm happy. If he won't waive then signs elsewhere in the off season, I'll be bitter.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Not even remotely.

God forbid if the guy loves this franchise and loves having his family in Vancouver and wants to stay.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
If he wants to re-sign (and all signs point to that), then no. Do I think the Canucks would be better off long-term trading him (for a 1st)? Yes.

PrinceOfPucks

Jan 4, 2016
Hamhuis has already said that he will waive his NTC. If he does not get traded this is all on Benning. That's where the anger should be directed.

Lol. So many flavours why u gotta choose salty ?

Hamhuis just did an interview and says he needs to discuss w. Family. He has never said he will waive.

Your Benning hate Is making you look bitter bro.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I won't be angry. He signed below market and was a warrior for this team.
He has a no trade that he negotiated.
Of course, I hope he does waive and I expect given the state of the team and the chance to go to a team like Chicago that he will waive.

It's totally up to him.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I'd be disappointed but not mad at him. He turned down a lot of extra money to sign with us, even after multiple teams traded for his UFA negotiating rights.

If he really wants to stay, I'd like to see Linden(not Benning) try to convince him to pull an Antoine Vermette.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If he wants to be re-signed and is re-signed, then no. He can be a valuable veteran presence during a rebuild.

If the Canucks' plan is to let him walk anyway, I'll be a bit choked. If he sticks it out and bolts in the summer, I'd be choked too.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
nope. I really question the "fandom" of people who say they would hate him

I don't think anyone would hate him.

Hamhuis has been a very good player for us, but given where this organization is at I hope he moves on. But, it would be completely understandable if he wanted to stay, he's earned/negotiated that right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad