Speculation: Will you be a bigger Canucks or Utica fan next year?

Domecile

Opinion != Fact
Jul 9, 2014
Delta
I'll definitely be interested in Utica next season but similar to everyone else, that's about it. Still going to be cheering for the Canucks full time.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I'm sorry, but what a non-sensical, dumb post.

I'm not becoming a Calgary Hitmen fan because they have Virtanen, nor cheering for USA in the WJC because they have Demko.

When Gaunce, Shink, etc go up to the big club, are we cheering for Utica then too because they will have some young, shiny, hopefuls then too?
Any Canuck fan should have been interested in Utica from day one, IMO.

I know I always kept an eye on how the Moose were doing. They're essentially a part of the same team.

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
Any Canuck fan should have been interested in Utica from day one, IMO.

I know I always kept an eye on how the Moose were doing. They're essentially a part of the same team.
Yeah, Utica are the Canucks reserves. Why wouldn't you be interested in seeing these players progress?

I'm going to try and see if I can watch Tryamkin play this year if I can manage it.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
I hope Utica does well but i don't think there will be many here that'll be bigger Utica fan vs 'nuck fan. Remember this is a 'nuck forum so most here are 'nucks fan, some of which are Utica fan by association. There aren't many that are Utica fan turned 'nuck (more so since Utica only had 1 year to build their fan base).

Personally i'll watch a few Utica games but likely much fewer than Wolvers/Moose before. Utica weren't really entertaining last year and a couple of our top prospects will still be in Jr. instead of AHL anyways.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Nothing against the AHL, but I am far more likely to just watch other NHL teams. I want to watch good hockey, preferably from the Canucks and Habs of course. The AHL is just too dull for me.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
From Utica naturally I am a Comets fan but also very interested in what the parent team in Vancouver does. I will be pulling for both teams to do well.

"We are all Canucks" and future Canucks start as Comets.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I like the Utica logo better than ours, it makes the overall uniform look even nicer ...

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
I like the Utica logo better than ours, it makes the overall uniform look even nicer ...

Agreed, the Utica logo is slick.

I wish they were on TV more often, you used to get the occasional game vs the heat or on sportsnet but yeah it's hard to follow sometimes.

AHL online needs to be more affordable.

nucksfan8888

Aug 9, 2006
I think it's fairly simple, I fall under this portion, a fair majority of people are interested in the players going through Utica so people viewing games will go up. However most of these people are not going attend games, buy merchandise or even continue to follow the team after these prospects leave for the canucks
So I don't think that interest is enough to overcome the long-term interest in the NHL team for someone who isn't a bandwagon fan.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I think it's fairly simple, I fall under this portion, a fair majority of people are interested in the players going through Utica so people viewing games will go up. However most of these people are not going attend games, buy merchandise or even continue to follow the team after these prospects leave for the canucks
So I don't think that interest is enough to overcome the long-term interest in the NHL team for someone who isn't a bandwagon fan.

Even after these prospects leave for the canucks, with any luck there will be a new batch of players that will replace them. Thus the interest level should remain to follow the team.

If the games were televised in the same way as the canucks are, I can see myself watching them as often as the canucks. Likewise, if the merchandise was more available, I can see myself buying some comets stuff

olddatsunfan

Jul 8, 2014
Well, I can't really afford to attend Canucks games, but, the AHL tickets where the right price last season and I got to watch some decent hockey live. Now I'm going to have to figure out if I can pony up for streamed Comets games, not going to be so easy to be watching them this year ....

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00