Speculation: Will you be a bigger Canucks or Utica fan next year?

MISC*

Was wondering if anybody was sharing my feelings and decided to make a thread. My first! :naughty:

Anybody else here much more interested in how Utica does next season as opposed to the Canucks?

My only interest in the Canucks will be to watch Vey, Kassian or any younger that makes the team.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
I hope Utica does well, but the Canucks will have a more interesting dynamic next year. No more excuse making from Gillis and the hail mary disaster from the Aquilini's known as Torts.

The last two times the Canucks were doubted for the playoffs(07 and 09) they came out and surprised. I wouldn't be in shock if they did the same for a wildcard this year.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I am a Canucks fan. Having a winning farm team is nice, but as long as they properly develop Canucks prospects I don't really care about the farm.

putridgasbag

Grand Poohba
Oct 18, 2006
Comox Valley
Was wondering if anybody was sharing my feelings and decided to make a thread. My first! :naughty:

Anybody else here much more interested in how Utica does next season as opposed to the Canucks?

My only interest in the Canucks will be to watch Vey, Kassian or any younger that makes the team.

Canuck fan to the core and like every year I will cheer on the boys who wear the Canuck uniform, win or lose.

olddatsunfan

Jul 8, 2014
I'm a fan of both teams. Went out and watched most of the Heat/Comets games last year. Fun times and fun to watch. I'm actually kind of bummed that Abbotsford bought out the Heat, no more AHL games to go to here. The Comets looks to be a much better team this year with a few good prospects finally making it to the team!

sk8er

Nov 8, 2008
canucks fan to the core. Happy that we have our own farm team, but the big boys are who Im watching...i think ill check the utica scores more often though!!:nod:

Raincouver

Mar 2, 2014
I'm sorry, but what a non-sensical, dumb post.

I'm not becoming a Calgary Hitmen fan because they have Virtanen, nor cheering for USA in the WJC because they have Demko.

When Gaunce, Shink, etc go up to the big club, are we cheering for Utica then too because they will have some young, shiny, hopefuls then too?

Ubik

Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver
What is the difference? Utica and Vancouver are affiliated. If you are a fan for one you are for the other basically.

I don't see how or why you would be a bigger fan than one or the other, unless you are from Utica and purely support them as a local club regardless of their parent.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
While I won't be a bigger Utica fan over the canucks, I'll be following their games more closely and watch every game with them. I may end up watching Utica games as much as Canuck games even though I have to watch them on a crappy stream most likely

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
While I won't be a bigger Utica fan over the canucks, I'll be following their games more closely and watch every game with them. I may end up watching Utica games as much as Canuck games even though I have to watch them on a crappy stream most likely

Yeah exactly. It seems to me that there are a lot more people who are excited for the farm team this year compared to previous seasons.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I find myself caring about both equally. The Canucks will always take precedence, but I care about the goings-on in Utica just as much as in Vancouver.

unknown

Oct 7, 2006
vancouver
I will probably check the prospects thread more often this year.

I am however very eager to see what this team will look like under Desjardins and I hope Lidster can turn Edler around.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
It's kind of hard to follow the Comets. If you're lucky you might catch them on a 'AHL game of the week' on Sportsnet (I think).

Hielo Grande

Nov 7, 2007
vallarta
Last year I was more interested in the Comets than the Torts-coached Canucks for the latter part of the season. Watching a cycling team try to play Torts' style was about as interesting as watching the wind blow across the prairie. As a result I have an interest Utica and will be watching to see how the team progress with the more talented and promising new additions.
That said, I remain a Canucks fan and am anxious to see how the new guys pan out.
I'd like to see both teams do well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad