Will we see a major trade before the season starts?

Will we see a major trade before the season starts?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Sorry. Would rather have the well rounded guy who will likely put up 70+ points a season than the horribly inconsistent, one dimensional guy that probably has extremely high contract demands.

We have our scorer in Skinner. And maybe even Olofsson. We don't need a Laine. We need a Reinhart.
Well, when Reinhart was Laine's age his career high in points was 47.

But as we know, guys never improve at 21 anymore...

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Oh come on, man. You’re 100% being a homer. In no world is any Sabres fan upset if Reinhart gets traded for Laine.

Um, I would be. We'd be trading a good all-around player for a one-dimensional head case. I honestly want nothing to do with Laine at this point in time, not for the contract he wants. We overpayed Skinner, that's enough. Maybe Laine turns it around and improves, but his progression and attitude have not been good. Reinhart's has been, and he's more of what the Sabres need. Obviously I'd trade somethin for Laine under 7 mil, but a) that's not happening and b) I'd still be concerned about dealing with that diva.

edit- also, I voted "yes" but I think I screwed up- my guess is Laine holds out and ends up dealt sometime early in the season.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
When that 1-dimensional finisher is significantly better than your guy, yeah that's a trade you make. You're banking on Reinhart becoming a 70 point player but there is no guarantee that will happen, whereas Laine has done that before. Its backward logic used to downplay Laine when it's not even comparable. He is a top 2 pick who will be 24 for essentially the entire season, how much progression is left? History tells us that those kinds of players peak in their early 20s, and I don't see Reinhart being exceptional enough as to flip that trend.

Honestly I don't even know why I'm arguing this, its clear you have strong (wrong might I add) opinions. Laine is better than Reinhart and very very likely will be his entire career.
I think you really need to educate yourself on ice hockey if you think Laine is better than one of the best two-way wingers in the league.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
If Byfuglien were to not come back, I could see Winnipeg trading for a defenceman (Faulk, Hamonic, etc.). I expect he'll be back though and that won't happen.
This is where I am.

People I know in the Peg say he's for sure retiring.
I will operate under that premise and say I agree.
And it will be Laine out the door.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I think you really need to educate yourself on ice hockey if you think Laine is better than one of the best two-way wingers in the league.
Bro you’re literally the dude who said orielly and Eichel > McDavid and Draisaitl. And then proceeded to argue it when people balked.

Now you’re spouting about some “one of the best 2 way wingers” bs. Your opinion based on your history is worth less than 0.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Bro you’re literally the dude who said orielly and Eichel > McDavid and Draisaitl. And then proceeded to argue it when people balked.

Now you’re spouting about some “one of the best 2 way wingers” bs. Your opinion based on your history is worth less than 0.
Lmao I never said that but good try

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Reinhart was a 40-50 point guy for 3 years before he put up 65 last year. Now suddenly he is a "well rounded 70 point player" worth more than Laine? I don't even like Laine that much, but please take off the homer goggles and come back to reality.

I mean I probably wouldn’t make that trade and I’m not much of a homer

Laine could very well end up better but he was so bad last year that I’m not risking it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad