Will we see a major trade before the season starts?

Will we see a major trade before the season starts?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
With 10 days left until the regular season opens and with some very good RFA's not signed, will we see a major trade before the season opens?

If you vote yes, than predict the trade for fun.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Goldobin will be traded to Carolina or Washington for a draft pick and cap dump

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
If Byfuglien were to not come back, I could see Winnipeg trading for a defenceman (Faulk, Hamonic, etc.). I expect he'll be back though and that won't happen.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

I don’t know that much about him, but struggle to see where he fits in Carolina We’re already going to have to send one of Gauthier or Necas down to the AHL. Who from Teravainen, Dzingel, Svechnikov, Niederreiter, does he replace in the top 6? Or even Foegele, or Gauthier/Necas in the top 9?

I’m Not saying it won’t happen, but don’t see much of a need. Don’t think this deal qualifies as “major “ though.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
:laugh: Bless your heart, sir

Sorry. Would rather have the well rounded guy who will likely put up 70+ points a season than the horribly inconsistent, one dimensional guy that probably has extremely high contract demands.

We have our scorer in Skinner. And maybe even Olofsson. We don't need a Laine. We need a Reinhart.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Sorry. Would rather have the well rounded guy who will likely put up 70+ points a season than the horribly inconsistent, one dimensional guy that probably has extremely high contract demands.

We have our scorer in Skinner. And maybe even Olofsson. We don't need a Laine. We need a Reinhart.
Reinhart was a 40-50 point guy for 3 years before he put up 65 last year. Now suddenly he is a "well rounded 70 point player" worth more than Laine? I don't even like Laine that much, but please take off the homer goggles and come back to reality.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Carolina certainly doesn't have room for him. I doubt Washington does either. Goldobin just isn't a very good player. He's the type that should only play in your top 6 in offensive situations, but he's not good enough to stick there.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Reinhart was a 40-50 point guy for 3 years before he put up 65 last year. Now suddenly he is a "well rounded 70 point player" worth more than Laine? I don't even like Laine that much, but please take off the homer goggles and come back to reality.

Yes, he WAS a 40-50 point player. He was also young and getting better every season; and still is. I don't think it is unrealistic to expect him to continue to develop a bit more and BECOME a 70 point player in the future. I never said he was currently that.

Secondly, I never said he is worth more than Laine. I said I personally would not trade him for Laine because Laine is not what we need, Reinhart is. We need a guy that can drive some of our secondary scoring for us; not another one-dimensional finisher.

Reading comprehension is fun.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Yes, he WAS a 40-50 point player. He was also young and getting better every season; and still is. I don't think it is unrealistic to expect him to continue to develop a bit more and BECOME a 70 point player in the future. I never said he was currently that.

Secondly, I never said he is worth more than Laine. I said I personally would not trade him for Laine because Laine is not what we need, Reinhart is. We need a guy that can drive some of our secondary scoring for us; not another one-dimensional finisher.

Oh come on, man. You’re 100% being a homer. In no world is any Sabres fan upset if Reinhart gets traded for Laine.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis

When that 1-dimensional finisher is significantly better than your guy, yeah that's a trade you make. You're banking on Reinhart becoming a 70 point player but there is no guarantee that will happen, whereas Laine has done that before. Its backward logic used to downplay Laine when it's not even comparable. He is a top 2 pick who will be 24 for essentially the entire season, how much progression is left? History tells us that those kinds of players peak in their early 20s, and I don't see Reinhart being exceptional enough as to flip that trend.

Honestly I don't even know why I'm arguing this, its clear you have strong (wrong might I add) opinions. Laine is better than Reinhart and very very likely will be his entire career.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Oh come on, man. You’re 100% being a homer. In no world is any Sabres fan upset if Reinhart gets traded for Laine.

I think on our board you would find many who disagree.

I've already explained myself multiple times here, I think Reinhart benefits the Sabres much more than some extra PP goals. Plain and simple.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
When that 1-dimensional finisher is significantly better than your guy, yeah that's a trade you make. You're banking on Reinhart becoming a 70 point player but there is no guarantee that will happen, whereas Laine has done that before. Its backward logic used to downplay Laine when it's not even comparable. He is a top 2 pick who will be 24 for essentially the entire season, how much progression is left? History tells us that those kinds of players peak in their early 20s, and I don't see Reinhart being exceptional enough as to flip that trend.

Honestly I don't even know why I'm arguing this, its clear you have strong (wrong might I add) opinions. Laine is better than Reinhart and very very likely will be his entire career.

Laine's best season was arguably his rookie year. Reinhart has got better every season.

You can feel free to call my opinion "wrong", I can call your opinion wrong too.

Reinhart was the much better player last season. I'm not saying that will be the case going foward likely, but I pass on that trade due to risk and fit.

Have a good day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad