Will we be average for years to come? How about mediocre?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
When you make moves like Zibanejad + 2nd for Brassard lmfaoooo its really hard to stay average.

I think Zibanejad would not have had any impact in the playoffs last year compared to Brassard, so we would be worse than average with him. Just my opinion.

Reactions: aragorn

VortexDr

Jul 5, 2013
Umm we are already average and have been mediocre this whole time....The problem with this city and fans are that you are happy being mediocre and just squeaking into the playoffs....How has that served us?

Remember the rebuild a few years ago and then they mess up and finish high killing any potential high draft picks... Its been a repeating story....

Reactions: billpo

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Umm we are already average and have been mediocre this whole time....The problem with this city and fans are that you are happy being mediocre and just squeaking into the playoffs....How has that served us?

Remember the rebuild a few years ago and then they mess up and finish high killing any potential high draft picks... Its been a repeating story....

The problem is we will never get better than average with this ownership group.

Our scouting and development has been absolutely gutted. Under another regime I would have absolutely no problems with blowing it up and starting from scratch. There's no way with Melnyk as owner we ever get to be better than average. We're headed for Arizona or Florida status.

Reactions: lancepitlick

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
What next?

Oduya - 4th
Cole - 4th
Paajarvi - 5th

Oduya for a 5th-7th.
Cole for a 3rd or 4th.
Paajarvi stays. Was a waiver pick up . He's here on a tryout to see if we wanna keep him around for our 3rd or 4th line in the future.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
The problem is we will never get better than average with this ownership group.

Our scouting and development has been absolutely gutted. Under another regime I would have absolutely no problems with blowing it up and starting from scratch. There's no way with Melnyk as owner we ever get to be better than average. We're headed for Arizona or Florida status.
Melnyk needs to go, I agree but our drafting hasn't been too bad. Have we fired a bunch of scouts recently?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I thought that, but a 2nd seems steep for him as a ufa rental. So i think more likely 3rd, maybe 4th.

Dominic Moore has returned a 2nd at the deadline as a UFA. Don’t rule it out. A late 2nd is 50-60 overall. Not out of the question.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Letting Murray make the Phaneuf trade was the last nail in the coffin before he stepped down. Phaneuf the player is a decent addition to the team but not at the value. We did get rid of more salary this way but being stuck with that contract for years to come is going to hurt.

Regardless of what Dorion has done this season the roster if Murray's vision and could take another 5 years to get turned around again.

To be honest I really wished that they hired a GM from outside of the organization.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I hate our team.

You guys, though, you guys are alright. Let's not let Melnyk drive a wedge between us.

I don't hate our team, I hate the people behind it. And unfortunately they're making it nearly impossible for me to keep cheering for it. In fact, after this "fire sale" is done, I might not even be able to watch the NHL for a while. This is all just too disheartening.

If the question used to be "will we be average for years to come?", it now becomes "will we be watchable for years to come?".

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I don't hate our team, I hate the people behind it. And unfortunately they're making it nearly impossible for me to keep cheering for it. In fact, after this "fire sale" is done, I might not even be able to watch the NHL for a while. This is all just too disheartening.

If the question used to be "will we be average for years to come?", it now becomes "will we be watchable for years to come?".
Stop being so over dramatic, how do you know that the Sens will be unwatchable for years to come? Is Vegas unwatchable? This team is getting younger and faster, so im excited for the future, you might say im a fool but im behind this team and i will not let Melnyk dictate how i feel about my Sens!!!

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Next year projection
Before any draft picks or off season trades

Hoffman-Duchene-Ryan
Dzingel-White/Brown/Chlapik-Stone
Smith-JGP-Gaborik
MPS-OBrien-Pyatt
Paul, McCormick, burrows

Claesson/Harpur-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Boro-Wideman

billpo

Jun 28, 2006

you said it...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad