Will we be average for years to come? How about mediocre?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Man, looking back at this thread we didnt catch a single break. We havent caught in a break since the lockout happened when we had the best possible Sens roster in 2004-2005 and would have likely won the cup that year. Ugh.

We don't have our 1st.
We finished 2nd but didnt even get a top 2 pick. things would be completely different with a Dahlin or Svechnikov in the helm, with all due respect to Tkachuk.
We gonna lose the best player to ever play for us AT THE PEAK OF HIS CAREER.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I imagine the players are going to give 100% effort all the time and give their soul for that team after that...

Or not

Maybe more like 67%

Last edited:

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
What's the bet on the lowest attendance this season? I'll go with 8,000. Cold night in February, bad team in town.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What's the bet on the lowest attendance this season? I'll go with 8,000. Cold night in February, bad team in town.

Yeah, I think it'll be under 10,000 for sure.

I have tickets to a Tuesday night game in late January against Arizona, so I'll try to take a picture.

Reactions: Alex1234

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Never thought it would get to this but it all started in 2011. Funny how San Jose can just keep icing good teams year in and year out but after few seasons making it to the cup we had no other option. I know the argument is that our farm team had no depth but a good GM like Wilson shows how it can be done.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I unpleasantly place myself in Sens fans position.....i would want the number 1 pick overall for the next 3 maybe 4 years i.e Hughes Lafrinere and not sure for 2021 draft maybe reynolds or Raty...i think its the only way to go in order to become an impact contending team and of course departure of Melnyk

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Never thought it would get to this but it all started in 2011. Funny how San Jose can just keep icing good teams year in and year out but after few seasons making it to the cup we had no other option. I know the argument is that our farm team had no depth but a good GM like Wilson shows how it can be done.

Youre right about SJ however being a bruins fan untill 2011 we were a team making playoffs going finals but winning nothing. Making playoffs year in and year out is not satisfying for me and most i suppose we want that cup
Dont want to go down as the other team that never quite got it.
To build a strong team you need excellent drafts and franchise players

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Youre right about SJ however being a bruins fan untill 2011 we were a team making playoffs going finals but winning nothing. Making playoffs year in and year out is not satisfying for me and most i suppose we want that cup
Dont want to go down as the other team that never quite got it.
To build a strong team you need excellent drafts and franchise players

It is very hard to win but you want to consistently make the playoffs.
This management team doesn't understand how to do a proper rebuild. They gave away a first rounder in a trade for Duchene and then 3 months later decided to go full rebuild. The trading of Turris screwed up our chemistry so bad hat we could never recover from it even though Duchene was clearly the better player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad