Will this Bobby Ryan business impact the team going forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Shero*

The pens never sign any good free agents. I highly doubt this matters. Martin and Michalek were our big free agent signings.

M10

Dec 7, 2013
I can't help but think someone is going to get hurt, and he will get added to the roster. You know it's going to happen. Que Bobby Ryan scoring in OT during gold medal game. Of course, he could sit the whole time too.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The players in the league are a pretty tight-knit group. Being that RS and DB were heavily involved in the process, does this make the Pen's franchise unappealing to other players going forward?

What does Bobby Ryan being a nitwit, Brian Burke saying there has to be a specific role for him, and stuff like that have to do with Shero and Bylsma?

I think the US team they've announced is pretty damn solid.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
That's interesting considering everything he said about him. Ryan was pretty mad about Burke's comments. Apparently Burke tried calling him and Ryan didn't return the call.

Regardless the notion that this has anything to do with the Penguins is completely asinine.

I know Poile said that he would love Ryan for his own team, I'm sure the rest involved feel the same.

Ryan strikes me as the sensitive type, not unlike Tanger.

I don't see the "not intense" tag as being inconsistent with wanting him on the team. GMs go over the pros and cons of all these guys. Ryan doesn't strike me as an intense player either, but he's a hell of a talent. It's about striking the right balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad