Will this Bobby Ryan business impact the team going forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
The players in the league are a pretty tight-knit group. Being that RS and DB were heavily involved in the process, does this make the Pen's franchise unappealing to other players going forward?

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Burke doesn't like Bobby Ryan... somehow that means players won't want to play for the Pens?

This board really has lost its mind.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
um... because they were flocking to this place anyhow?

Seriously it was mostly Burke driven for the most part. Piole gets the next set of blame.. Shero and Bylsma are way down on the

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Just when you think the board has imagined every way to criticize Pens coaching and management, there's a thread about how FAs may shun the organization because they're culpable by osmosis for Brian Burke's comments.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I thought Burke was one of the only ones who wanted him.

Burke was the one who originally said that if he wasn't going to be in the top six he was useless. Burke said that Bobby Ryan can't spell intense. Burke said that he wished he drafted Jack Johnson over Ryan.

Everything negative in that article about Ryan came from Burke. The coaches actually wanted him.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Just when you think the board has imagined every way to criticize Pens coaching and management, there's a thread about how FAs may shun the organization because they're culpable by osmosis for Brian Burke's comments.

Haven't we been over this?

index.php

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
I thought Burke was one of the only ones who wanted him.

It's all kind of confusing but as of right now I'm under the impression that Burke ragged Ryan verbally but ultimately had him on the team. I thought Bylsma actually was one of the few quoted as praising Ryan. I didn't hear anything from Shero at all during Burnside's article - whether that was because Shero was intelligent enough to be political when a reporter was listening in or whether he just didn't speak up as much as guys like Poile and Burke...So it seems like Burke is catching most of the heat for running his mouth even though he was one of the few who had Ryan on the roster.

How does this affect Pittsburgh? Obviously we're driving the price of Orpik up while simultaneously cutting Ryan down. Orpik for Ryan cause Orpik is an Olympian!

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Burke was the one who originally said that if he wasn't going to be in the top six he was useless. Burke said that Bobby Ryan can't spell intense. Burke said that he wished he drafted Jack Johnson over Ryan.

Everything negative in that article about Ryan came from Burke. The coaches actually wanted him.

That must have been in the other article. I only read one and can't remember which. I thought I saw a tweet today though that said Burke had Ryan in his final roster.

Kevin Allen ‏@ByKevinAllen 6h
Poile reveals that Brian Burke voted for Bobby Ryan on his final ballot submitted to Poile

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
That must have been in the other article. I only read one and can't remember which. I thought I saw a tweet today though that said Burke had Ryan in his final roster.

Kevin Allen ‏@ByKevinAllen 6h
Poile reveals that Brian Burke voted for Bobby Ryan on his final ballot submitted to Poile

That's interesting considering everything he said about him. Ryan was pretty mad about Burke's comments. Apparently Burke tried calling him and Ryan didn't return the call.

Regardless the notion that this has anything to do with the Penguins is completely asinine.

I know Poile said that he would love Ryan for his own team, I'm sure the rest involved feel the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad