Will there be a body count? (Craig plsread)

Will there be a body count when the playoffs are missed?

• There will be no changes

• Only Tocchet will be fired

• Only Chayka will be fired

• Tocchet and Chayka will be fired

• Core players will be traded

• Minor personnel moves will be made (IE non-core players, support staff)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It’s becoming more and more clear to me that at the start of next season, Tocchet and OEL cannot both be here...I think only one will, and it’s up to Chayka and Meruelo to decide which one. If they’re going to give Tocchet another year, then I think OEL will be gone. If they take away the C from him it will not sit well and he will want to be gone anyway...so a trade is inevitable. There will be a leadership change on this team one way or another. My gut feeling is that Tocchet will be here and OEL will be out of town in the offseason. Kessel is a question mark. I don’t know if Tocchet will give time the “look buddy, it just didn’t work out, sorry” talk, or if he’ll give him one more year to play with some new players. I think there’s a very strong chance that OEL, Demers, and Stepan are going to be shipped out.
I agree. Something is off with OEL and maybe it is RT. Our luck is we trade OEL, keep RT. We miss the playoffs and OEL gets back to playing like his old self.

OEL has an NMC, he will be here next year. I agree, OEL has never played well under Tocc and it took them a year to give him the C. I think it has affected OEL negatively. The roster has gotten better each year but the team has not, that means there is a coaching problem.

The player solution isn't to unload all the vets. Stepan/Goose/Demers/Richardson/Kessel aren't all leaving. Richardson might be done now, I can see him gone. Stepan is still solid, but he is over paid, it will take a sweetener to get rid of him. Goose/Demers have had solid years. They are both movable but we also need vet D men. Who would want Kessel, we are stuck with him.
Not sure if a NMC in OEL's contract means much as he is young, has no family, and could be ready for a change, but I agree about his play under RT. Not sure who will be gone next year as it will depend if we keep RT or get a new coach.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Don't be mad...just having some fun. I'm locked down at home. All work trips canceled. A little stir crazy.

For me, Dave Tippett is the only thing that matters. Nothing else can progress until he's gone. I might just quit. I think I'm quitting.

Yep. f*** the Coyotes if they do that. I quit.

Maybe one day I’ll win the lottery, quit my job and become a hockey fan Vlogger!

If we draft a goalie here I quit.

I forgot Dvorak. Thank you! But yeah, Keller and Schmaltz can go f*** themselves. I might just quit.

If they don’t fire Tocchet this summer, I quit.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Don't be mad...just having some fun. I'm locked down at home. All work trips canceled. A little stir crazy.
You know, you’re right! The Coyotes have actually been really good the last eight years and I’ve been totally overreacting. It’s actually been great and I should have been pleased with everything that’s happened. That would have been a better opinion to have. That the Coyotes actual make good decisions and have been well run and there’s nothing to be frustrated about.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Sorry, don't trust Chayka and Coyotes Management to do what they should do. I think they'll blame it on the rain and everyone will be back...because sadly, we're the Coyotes

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Not sure if I trust them either, but the worst that can happen if Chayka believes in RT and he starts to shuffle the chairs, again.
The captain of the titanic hit the iceberg, not sure shuffling deck chairs is the answer:)

Reactions: Jakey53

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
You know, you’re right! The Coyotes have actually been really good the last eight years and I’ve been totally overreacting. It’s actually been great and I should have been pleased with everything that’s happened. That would have been a better opinion to have. That the Coyotes actual make good decisions and have been well run and there’s nothing to be frustrated about.

You’ve only been a little overreacting. Meaning you’re normal as a fan. :)

Reactions: Jakey53

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The captain of the titanic hit the iceberg, not sure shuffling deck chairs is the answer:)

WELL ACTUALLY, the captain wasn't on the bridge when the ship hit the berg. But he did ignore several ice warnings thanks to the shipping line's representative badgering him to set a speed record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad