Speculation: Will The Sens look for retailiation for Karlsson on April 22nd?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
All the Sens will do is take runs at Cooke until he fights and if he wins, they'll keep going after him until he gets beaten up. Just to piss off the Sens even more, I would scratch Cooke for that game.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Maybe the Pens can request that Measha sing the national anthems again. By the time the game actually starts Matt Cooke will have retired. Problem solved.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
All the Sens will do is take runs at Cooke until he fights and if he wins, they'll keep going after him until he gets beaten up. Just to piss off the Sens even more, I would scratch Cooke for that game.

Scratching Cooke would make it look like we're scared though.

Play Cooke but just don't engage in any fights. That'd piss them off more.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
We have Thor. They have a barking dog.

That's the thing, the Isles could ice Gillies, Konopka, Haley and Martin during that debacle.

The Sens have Neil and Kassian and that's about it.

If they want an arms race, they won't win. The Pens can ice a much tougher line up than them.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Not so fast there, Zen. They also have this guy:

But seriously, Neil would be dumb enough to go for retaliation but the Sens are better off to stay disciplined and try for the 2 points. They have to know that. They can just try to avenge Karlsson by kicking us out of the playoffs later.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Not so fast there, Zen. They also have this guy:

But seriously, Neil would be dumb enough to go for retaliation but the Sens are better off to stay disciplined and try for the 2 points. They have to know that. They can just try to avenge Karlsson by kicking us out of the playoffs later.

The only guy I could think of aside from Neil is Darren Kramer. He's a pretty mediocre fighter, but he's a big time loose cannon and has run around like an idiot every time I've seen him play. He can barely get ice time in the AHL though, so Ottawa would really be tipping their hand by bringing him up.

CrozJawz*

I know Tampa didn't have much to play for last night, but the way they were running around on the Pens last night, makes me think that certainly every PO team that the Pens play from now until the end of the season will be trying their hardest to beat the snot out of the Pens. They will be taking runs left and right, making questionable hits, trying to instigate, etc. They will be doing their best to get under the Pens' skin, looking ahead to playoff time.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ottawa tries something in that game. If Sid's back, perhaps Alfie will tee one up at his jaw ala Neidermeyer???:sarcasm:

Ray Shero*

We have Thor.
__we_have_a_hulk____gif_by_dianaeatscheetos-d4p2zlq.gif

I think Douglas Murray is more of a Hulk.

hdw

Jul 9, 2006
Stockholm
Indeed, Thor can skate ;)

(Douglas can't, but he knows it, so he tries to stay in the right position).

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Didn't Neil engage Cooke late in the game in which Karlsson was injured? If that wasn't enough, I suspect they'll do something at the beginning of the game, take coincidental fighting majors and be done with it.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Didn't Neil engage Cooke late in the game in which Karlsson was injured? If that wasn't enough, I suspect they'll do something at the beginning of the game, take coincidental fighting majors and be done with it.

If I remember correctly, he skated over to Cooke and punched him in the face. Cooke didn't retaliate, but I think they were both kicked out of the game.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
They will retaliate. Neil is that type of player. And when the players, coach, and owner make statements like they did, you can pretty much guarantee something. Probably won't be like that Isles game, but they won't decline the chance to take some questionable or cheap shots. Cooke will be a constant target, and we can't afford to have him injured.

A few years ago at the end of the season (maybe last year?), we played the Flyers who were looking for retribution for something. God knows what. They dressed Shelly and a few other plugs. We called up Mac. Not a thing happened. Give Sid or Geno the night off and play Mac. Things won't get crazy since Mac can and will go postal.

LOL. The Sens could dress every tough guy in their organization and not come close to matching us:

Macintyre
Engelland
Murray
Glass
Morrow
Iggy
Cooke

Last edited:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don't think we will need Mac, but considering how meaningless the game is to us and since the roster limit is gone, why not? This type of game seems like the only real reason to have him in the organization. Might as well use him.

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
Yeah whatever happened with the "forensic proof the Cooke hit was intentional"? I'm absolutely shocked we haven't heard anything else about it.....LOL.....I wonder if Melnyk will just try to act like he never said that when he doesn't get the answer he's expecting?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yeah whatever happened with the "forensic proof the Cooke hit was intentional"? I'm absolutely shocked we haven't heard anything else about it.....LOL.....I wonder if Melnyk will just try to act like he never said that when he doesn't get the answer he's expecting?

they are going to come out in the middle of the game and take Cooke off in cuffs. Maybe the hole team for conspiracy. It'll be like the end of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

nTsplnk*

They will retaliate. Neil is that type of player. And when the players, coach, and owner make statements like they did, you can pretty much guarantee something. Probably won't be like that Isles game, but they won't decline the chance to take some questionable or cheap shots. Cooke will be a constant target, and we can't afford to have him injured.

A few years ago at the end of the season (maybe last year?), we played the Flyers who were looking for retribution for something. God knows what. They dressed Shelly and a few other plugs. We called up Mac. Not a thing happened. Give Sid or Geno the night off and play Mac. Things won't get crazy since Mac can and will go postal.

LOL. The Sens could dress every tough guy in their organization and not come close to matching us:

Macintyre
Engelland
Murray
Glass
Morrow
Iggy
Cooke

I REALLY want to see Big Mac fight. I've been waiting for a good tilt since we signed him. He's the best fighter in the league. Let him have some fun

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
I REALLY want to see Big Mac fight. I've been waiting for a good tilt since we signed him. He's the best fighter in the league. Let him have some fun

Honestly, gotta give that Neilson dude credit. I doubt even Neil's crazy enough to want any of this.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I doubt there will be retaliation, but the Sens should. And not for reasons against Cooke. They've kind of fallen off a bit lately and they need a passionate/emotional game to give them a boost.

This could be a game that gives them the energy leading into the postseason.

PKV Jungle Friends

Not Growing a Garden
Feb 17, 2007
The Sanctuary
I hope they do try to get back at us for Karlsson. A night full of them taking stupid penalties is fine by me.

We've got enough beef to keep our stars safe from anyone looking to be really stupid, plus guys like Geno and Iggy can take care of themselves anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad