Speculation: Will The Sens look for retailiation for Karlsson on April 22nd?

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Im curious what all of you think. I know when it happened, I was worried about that Aprill 22nd rematch game being so close to the playoffs, because one injury or suspension could really affect things for the Pens. We know that team thinks Cooke acted intentionally, and perception is always more important than reality in these matters. Will we see some type of dirty play or a replay of the isles game where they gooned it up or will this be a non issue?:dunno:

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
I doubt they'll goon up, but they're in a brutal fight for a playoff spot so expect the game to be chippy.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I think they'll come out hitting.

Ottawa still being in the playoffs kind of cuts down on the chance of something stupid happening.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I doubt it. Throwing away a chance at two points is not an option for them.

I tend to agree with you, except that by then they could have a spot more secured, or there is the chance they use a bit player to take a real cheap shot at malkin or Crosby or Letang early, which would give them a leg up in that game too.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
I wouldn't expect anything to happen, Ottawa will be focussed on the 2 points. Maybe someone will go after cooke if the game is out of reach though.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
It will be righteous like when Tombstone rumbled Mr. Magical in the WWFC or whatever.

There should be a wrestler whose whole character revolves around him completely ignoring his opponent and performing terrible magic tricks.

Like, they're set to have a big showdown and he just walks into the ring, pulls a quarter out from behind the dude's ear and leaves.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I wouldn't expect anything to happen, Ottawa will be focussed on the 2 points. Maybe someone will go after cooke if the game is out of reach though.

Pretty much this. The last 3 playoff spots are extremely tight right now, and while it's possible, I doubt it'll be resolved by the 22nd. Ottawa will want to focus on the game and getting prepared for the playoffs.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Ottawa is a joke. It exists because Canadians were to polite to offend one of Toronto or Montreal by choosing the other as the national capital.

It does have one thing going for it. Ottawa's official city song is kinda catchy:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Chris Neil spent 82 straight hours devising an intricate plan involving a banana peel, an untied shoe lace, Matt Cooke and Brooks Orpik to legally break Sidney Crosby's jaw.

Oops.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
They're right in the middle of a playoff race. They can't afford to throw the game away in some misguided attempt at revenge for a play that wasn't even dirty or malicious to begin with.

I mean, IF they're more interested in "getting even" than winning the game, they don't deserve to make the playoffs.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Sit cooke, Geno, Iginla, Letang and call up some AHL guys. i dont care if we finish 1st or 2nd in the east tbh. its a crapshot anyway who will finsih 7th and 8th so its not like we can "choose" an opponent in the playoffs by finishing 1st.

Ray Shero*

They're right in the middle of a playoff race. They can't afford to throw the game away in some misguided attempt at revenge for a play that wasn't even dirty or malicious to begin with.

I mean, IF they're more interested in "getting even" than winning the game, they don't deserve to make the playoffs.
This.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Maybe we should have Melnyk's CSI squad on stand-by just in case there's an injury.

You'd have to think they'd be more worried about getting two points since playoff berths & seeding is going to likely come right down to the final game of the season.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
There should be a wrestler whose whole character revolves around him completely ignoring his opponent and performing terrible magic tricks.

Like, they're set to have a big showdown and he just walks into the ring, pulls a quarter out from behind the dude's ear and leaves.

That made me lough out loud :D. Perhaps because very little seems more silly to me than 'pro' wrestling.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think they will look for retribution, that team is filled with tin foil hat wearing children, from the owner to the captain. I expect nothing less from that team from being mad about something that was purely an accident.

The best way for the Pens to handle this is to go out and dominate the Sens on the scoresheet.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Maybe we should have Melnyk's CSI squad on stand-by just in case there's an injury.

You'd have to think they'd be more worried about getting two points since playoff berths & seeding is going to likely come right down to the final game of the season.

Sens should send that gladiator after the Pens, you know, that dude that embarrassed their franchise that one year in the playoffs, lol.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I'm betting they goon it up. Not to ridiculous levels. But way more than your average game. I also predict it won't work out in their favor. In the standings or in the rough stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad