Speculation: Will The Sens look for retailiation for Karlsson on April 22nd?

nTsplnk*

he'd have to be in the league to be the best fighter in the league.

Disagree. No one will fight him because he's so tough. Look at him destroy the AHL.

He should be in the league. Shame fighting has been going down.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
A shame for you, maybe. Staged fights suck. There's a reason they've gone by the wayside. And there's a reason nobody seems to care, too much.

I hope the Sens come out looking for payback (for what... we're still not sure). Then their chances of losing go from "probable" to "almost certain."

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Disagree. No one will fight him because he's so tough. Look at him destroy the AHL.

He should be in the league. Shame fighting has been going down.

you can't disagree. Being the best fighter in the league would require him to be in the league. Saying Steve MacIntyre is the best fighter in the NHL is factually wrong.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
If by destroy the AHL you mean stand there doing nothing while lesser fighters do all the work, then yeah.

:laugh:

That sounds about right.

I have, over the years, found respect for what players like Mac do, though. And it really has nothing much to do what happens out on the ice, more often than not. There is something to be said for keeping things loose on the bench and in the locker room. And real hockey players seem to universally respect and love their dedicated face-puncher teammates.

I guess it's almost sort of a safety blanket/pacifier thing. Not necessary once you get to a certain level and more than a little weird... but whatever works.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
:laugh:

That sounds about right.

I have, over the years, found respect for what players like Mac do, though. And it really has nothing much to do what happens out on the ice, more often than not. There is something to be said for keeping things loose on the bench and in the locker room. And real hockey players seem to universally respect and love their dedicated face-puncher teammates.

I guess it's almost sort of a safety blanket/pacifier thing. Not necessary once you get to a certain level and more than a little weird... but whatever works.

I'd be fine with calling him up because of the Pens' place in the standings and because, well, you signed the guy, might as well use him this one time.

His performance, if you want to call it that in the AHL this year has been disappointing. I've said it before, but there's no way 5'10 180 lb Bobby Farnham should be fighting a heavy like Jay Rosehill with MacIntyre on the ice watching the whole thing happen.

I'm a firm believer in AHL teams carrying an enforcer, because it's still like the Wild West down there, but I hope WBS picks up someone younger and hungrier this offseason.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
His performance, if you want to call it that in the AHL this year has been disappointing. I've said it before, but there's no way 5'10 180 lb Bobby Farnham should be fighting a heavy like Jay Rosehill with MacIntyre on the ice watching the whole thing happen.

I'm a firm believer in AHL teams carrying an enforcer, because it's still like the Wild West down there, but I hope WBS picks up someone younger and hungrier this offseason.

Wow. That's pretty shameful, really. What's the point in even having the guy?

And yeah... for the record... I totally understand bringing in dedicated fighter types at the AHL level. Like you said, things aren't exactly tame in that league.

STLPensFan

Jun 5, 2012
STL, MO
"This guy should be kicked ... He doesn't belong in the league. He belongs somewhere where the goons play," said an emotional Melnyk. "Get him in the Central league. He can be a $60,000-a-year guy playing pick-up hockey there.
"The guy does not deserve ... He's got one purpose. I remember when this happened with Spezza. I said, 'If these are the rules, I just want to know.' We'll play with the same rules. Make sure you have one or two goons whose job is to do this either intentionally or unintentionally.

If this is the best goonery they can muster, I'm disappointed in Melnyk.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
I'd be fine with calling him up because of the Pens' place in the standings and because, well, you signed the guy, might as well use him this one time.

Mac was trying to fight PL3 and Farnham jumped Rosehill. I'm not sure how you can blame Mac there. Yell at PL3 for ducking Mac.

nTsplnk*

If by destroy the AHL you mean stand there doing nothing while lesser fighters do all the work, then yeah.

The Code, bro.:sarcasm:

Haven't actually watched Macyntire this year. Just was going from some videos I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Call up Bobby Farnham to punch Neil in the hand with his face.

Unfortunately Farnham isn't on an NHL contract. It might be a long shot, but I'd love for the big club to sign him. I feel like his **** disturber game could translate to the NHL, though he is on the small side (5'10", 180).

This board would probably hate his limited offensive game.

Last edited:

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC

I hadn't noticed before that Mac only has like two fights this year, but in fairness to him, I don't think anyone could stop Farnham from being the first guy to jump into a fight opportunity. :laugh:

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
Unfortunately Farnham isn't on an NHL contract. It might be a long shot, but I'd love for the big club to sign him. I feel like his **** disturber game could translate to the NHL, though he is on the small side (5'10", 180).

He actually doesn't take many punches. He's so bad that the other guy can't really do anything. He has improved as of late though. He used to just flail around. You have to hand it to him though. He came straight out of college with no fighting experience.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
He actually doesn't take many punches. He's so bad that the other guy can't really do anything. He has improved as of late though. He used to just flail around. You have to hand it to him though. He came straight out of college with no fighting experience.

Yeah, I don't consider him a great enforcer/fighter type but as a pest and energy guy he's brilliant. It's more important that he's just in there when someone needs to be, even if he isn't dispensing righteous justice with his fists. He draws penalties like crazy, too. He takes a lot himself, but for most of the season WBS' penalty kill has been great, so it isn't an issue down there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad