Speculation: Will the next game be the last for Price in a Habs' uniform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
If we lose Monday and the Lightning win the Cup, will that be the last game for Price in a Habs' uniform?

Regardless if the series is extended or we win the Cup somehow, will Price be gone after this season?

I think we really have to entertain the possibility and it's both sad and difficult for those who love Price. Some have speculated he may go to Seattle, Vancouver, etc. He will want to go to a cup contender if he's going to be moved at all.

Your thoughts.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He literally just saved all their jobs. Would not be a good look to start trying to pressure him out. If he asked for a trade, that’s different. But he won’t.
Pretty much this.

Only way he leaves is if he wants to.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
lol its a ridiculous thought, it truly is

for someone to think the GM of this team, who JUST got his job literally SAVED BECAUSE of the goaltender..

would just somehow someway, wake up in the postseason and go, oh my GOD, the answer is trading Price. who, again, and i cant stress this enough , JUST SAVED MY JOB LOL

FORGET the fact the contract is literally unmovable.. and most likely designed by the GM as such, should shut down the notion and thought in peoples minds anyway, FORGET the fact the GM absolutely LOVES price and wouldnt even THINK about trading him

somehow, some people think, it might be price's last game in a habs uniform? .... i mean ...wow?

Can people at least be realistic for christ sakes?

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
upload_2021-7-4_6-12-17.gif

Reactions: DesmondDekker

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The answer is no.....and the question should not be even asked.
But the real question should be: What would be the point actually?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
No, he isn’t leaving… not anytime soon.

Let’s just actually be reasonable for a moment.

Primeau isn’t ready, not even close. His performance this past season has shown nothing to indicate he’s ready for NHL action.

Credit to Allen, who may be taken in the expansion draft, but while he’s been good for us, he also hasn’t shown he has what it takes to take us to that next level.

There’s some interesting UFA goalies available this summer, but the only one I may be interested in for a cup run is Rask and that guy is an unknown as he has serious hip issues and assuming he has surgery to correct it, his status is unknown.

This very well may had been Price’s last shot, or it could be the first of a few. We won’t win a cup with just a goalie… we have several areas to address in the team. However, given some of the UFA options, while interesting, I’d rather Price any day.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Bergevin said right after the Vegas series that Price (and Weber) will be with the Habs as long as he is managing, no if’s and but about it.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
He disliked Patioready for quitting on the team. You think he would do the same?
Price didn't quit on the team. Pacioretty was invisible after being named captain. Huge difference. This team is not built to be here. Its a Cinderella season. There's no way this team returns to the finals again anytime soon. I was probably the first to speculate the Price would want out. He's not going to want to be part of a rebuild.

Reactions: dinodebino

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
...he's not going anywhere unless he himself makes that decision...and even if he does decide it's time to go, it's still not going to be easy to trade him with that Cap Hit in this Flat Cap world...he's not going anywhere, imo...

If Price can't be traded to a contender because of his cap, he might want to go close to home and in that case, his cap hit is less of a problem because his actual salary will be low. A team like Seattle could easily fit him.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Can we stop with the reactionary hot takes.

MB is not getting fired. price and Weber are not getting traded. No core player will be moved. Enough

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
No not likely.............he will be here for a while yet.....as many have said if he wants to go, then he can make it happen.
No way the manager who has a job because of Price keeps saving it for him, will force him to take a trade.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Why is this even being discussed? If Vasilevsky was tending Habs goal presently without the offensive support he has on TBay and the market scrutiny Mtl brings especially for goalies, really think Habs are leading this series?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Oh, it's the fan of both the Leafs and Habs.

So very glad to see you around these parts.

You must have had mixed feelings when that pathetic team with their overrated floaters were humiliated in the first round by your Habs, huh? Must have felt like an idiot for believing in that core?

Oh well, at least you got to see the Habs win a few rounds, that must have been fun, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad