Will the Czechs go with Hasek or Vokoun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
It's a good question. I think you go with Hasek in the first game, Vokoun in the second and try to judge based on that. It's not exactly equal, but I think trying to choose one based on their play this season would be very difficult.

Frozen

Aug 23, 2004
Either way they go, they should be fine.

My guess is more on Hasek, just for being Hasek.

shawn_kemp*

I've read that the coach is going to start Hasek first, then Vokoun. And only after the round robin he'll decide who'll keep the net in the playoff round!

SChan*

shawn_kemp said:
I've read that the coach is going to start Hasek first, then Vokoun. And only after the round robin he'll decide who'll keep the net in the playoff round!

sounds weird. hasek is the big games man. Didn't czech lose 4-3 vs canada in world cup in a match czech heavily dominated, but voukon got outplayed.

shawn_kemp*

the Czechs also outplayed Russia, Sweden and Canada in 2002, and went 0-2-1 against these 3 teams. Hasek was in goal for them.

SChan*

shawn_kemp said:
the Czechs also outplayed Russia, Sweden and Canada in 2002, and went 0-2-1 against these 3 teams. Hasek was in goal for them.

true but hasek is respoding very well to canada.

PapaBear*

SectionX said:
sounds weird. hasek is the big games man. Didn't czech lose 4-3 vs canada in world cup in a match czech heavily dominated, but voukon got outplayed.

Thats true, Hasek has a huge edge when it comes to tourneys like this. But then again, Vokoun faces 30-40 shots a game and is a top 5 goalie (hasek too), but hasek definitely has a much greater team in front of him.

Briere03

Jun 26, 2005
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I think Vokoun is the stronger goalie right now, but I also think that Hasek will play the majority, and the most important games, just because he's Hasek.

Nothing against Hasek though, he is my favorite player of all-time, and still a very good goale.

PapaBear*

fisher said:
As a Sens fan, I'm praying they go with Vokoun, but I have a feeling it'll be Hasek...

Why, so he doesnt injure his groin? :biglaugh:

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Zamboner said:
Pretty much...
Preds fans are hoping they go with Hasek so that Vokoun can get some rest. He rushed himself back from a knee injury and hasn't had a break while playing multiple back to backs. He could use a two week vacation in Turin.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I'd like to see them sit Hasek and let him rest for the sens benefit. But I think he'll get the first start at least.

shawn_kemp*

OT : I would just like to remind that Vokoun is not pronounced Vock-ooooon like the commentators like to say, but Vock-own.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
SmokeyClause said:
Preds fans are hoping they go with Hasek so that Vokoun can get some rest. He rushed himself back from a knee injury and hasn't had a break while playing multiple back to backs. He could use a two week vacation in Turin.
Then it's settled. Hnlicka is starting.

Phanuthier*

I'd give it to Vokoun. Hasek's just as good, but with the iffy injuries, Vokoun's a safer bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad