Will the Caps be bad in 2018-19?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Every other team in the NHL would gladly accept a bad season in 18-19 to have that 2018 Stanley Cup, so if I was a Caps fan I'd tell every other fan base to go kiss my ass, lol.

It's basically mission: accomplished, if they can win another Cup with Ovy + Kuznetsov + Backstrom that's basically just icing on the cake, but getting that first Cup was the "must have" and they got it.

Feb 24, 2017
no idea. I thought they were a lot better last year, but they obviously got the better result this playoffs. I don't think they will quite be as good, but I guess we'll have to see what that means for them
Of course you thought they were better last year. That fits your precious little narrative where Willie and Auston aren’t choking dogs in the playoffs. Cause last year they played the defending multiple prezzy boys. Except wait, to every other fan base, including yours before tml faced em, Washington was the choking dog. Lol
Leaferooskies and their angles.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
miss the playoffs? really thought they were mediocre last regular season and still won the division. could see a hangover but missing the playoffs seems like a pretty far fall.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I know they just won the cup, but is it likely this team seriously underperforms and misses the playoffs? With this celebration and then finally getting that cup, (as well as a new Coach) will this time lose their identity a bit and miss the playoffs? I have a feeling they will. It’s very possible they have a huge Stanley cup hangover, one that they may just recover too late from.
What do you guys think?
- JB
Doubt it this year they were supposed to be done their cup window so next they will have less pressure and will have basically the same team only maybe losing Carlson . He is a big loss but orlov and niskanen are both great odmen.

Ovie will just be ovie and score a goal more than laine or matthews and win his billonth rocket .holtby will probably win another vezina if Bob doesn't

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
No chance since we’ll be upgrading Carlson to Karlsson. Beagle and DSP are just 4th line plugs, those are dime a dozen.

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
Ding ding ding. Winner! And bless him, it’s a Pens fan (so the rest is def NOT meant towards you, good sir).

I loved Trotz, but good lord HF. He was persona non grata just a few months ago. Now the franchise is lost without him?

Oy vey!! :facepalm:
My point isn’t Trotz leaving it’s that they kind of got what they all have waited for after repeated failures and it will be hard to be motivated next year

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
There is no way this team will finish ahead of this season and be better next year. :naughty:

That doesn't mean they will be bad though.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
They won't be bad, but they will be a little worse and the cup win wastruly a one-off.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Bad? No. They'll make the playoffs but they won't go far. It seemed like they may have won one for the gipper this past run. It was a great run but I don't think they will repeat.

Has anyone repeated with two different coaches back to back?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Their streak of division titles might be snapped, but it would take some key injuries and a real implosion for them to miss the playoffs entirely.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Oveckin will be too drunk during training camp. Its hard to repeat because the motivation level is never as high. Especially during a long grueling playoffs.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Most of their core returns healthy

The new coach is supposed to play Vrana and Djoos and maybe even Boyd if we're lucky, and Stephenson too

It is possible but unlikely

I’m not sure that’s necessarily a good thing. He looked very shaky for a lot of the playoffs in my opinion. He showed some good flashes of skills, but man did he make me nervous when he was in his own end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad