Will the Caps be bad in 2018-19?

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
I know they just won the cup, but is it likely this team seriously underperforms and misses the playoffs? With this celebration and then finally getting that cup, (as well as a new Coach) will this time lose their identity a bit and miss the playoffs? I have a feeling they will. It’s very possible they have a huge Stanley cup hangover, one that they may just recover too late from.
What do you guys think?
- JB

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
They are possibly only losing john carlson and jay beagle. Now others can be traded but its not like last year when they lost a bunch of people

Reactions: troyerlaw

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
no idea. I thought they were a lot better last year, but they obviously got the better result this playoffs. I don't think they will quite be as good, but I guess we'll have to see what that means for them

Sep 19, 2008
Most of their core returns healthy

The new coach is supposed to play Vrana and Djoos and maybe even Boyd if we're lucky, and Stephenson too

It is possible but unlikely

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
If we promote Reirden and sign a healthy Mike Green I don't see why we can't be better tbqh

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
I doubt it. They’ve consistently been in the contention for the presidents trophy. They just haven’t to pull through in the playoffs until this season. If anything, they’ll be better. (Carlson may be a difference.)

Reactions: troyerlaw

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
It’s possible as you never know with coaching changes. But we’ll likely return our top 9 forwards, top 4 D, and Holtby. Off a team that’s gotten to at least the 2nd round four straight years (funny how that stat can be turned around now haha).

Odds are we’ll be a legit contender again along with 5/6 other teams. Hard to believe a team with Kuzy/Backsy/Eller up the middle won’t make the playoffs. And that’s before you factor in Ovi, Holts, and the D.

Reactions: traparatus

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No, I think they'll be decent. They'll probably take a step back, but I think that will mostly be due to Carlson leaving. I've never been that big of a fan of Trotz, even though I don't know how good Reirden will be.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

pezpunk

May 3, 2013
I know they just won the cup, but is it likely this team seriously underperforms and misses the playoffs? With this celebration and then finally getting that cup, (as well as a new Coach) will this time lose their identity a bit and miss the playoffs? I have a feeling they will. It’s very possible they have a huge Stanley cup hangover, one that they may just recover too late from.
What do you guys think?
- JB

ovie, kuzy, oshie, backstrom, wilson, holtby ... yeah they're gonna blow. no chance. lottery team for sure.

they've only made the playoffs 11 of the last 12 years. obviously a fluke they were any good this year.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
What do you guys think?
- JB

I think you are trying too hard to crate a thread, so you can get “seen”.

Silly silly silly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad