Will The Avs Trade Bleackley This Season??

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm not worried about Bleacks on the ice... honestly, I don't think anybody is really worried about that. Things are piling up that make you question things off the ice.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
2 points in 6 games? I know it's early and the team doesn't score a lot, but at some point, you have to question just how much offensive potential he has. He's got a fantastic shot, but I've never really seen much playmaking from the guy, and if he's a center, that's going to be a problem. I never expected him to be a top 6 player by any means, but it's still concerning.

If he struggles to hit a PPG in his 19/20 year old season, then that raises serious red flags. I'd still sign him, but I do think he is trade bait moving forward for the Avs.

Just looking at the guys taken a few picks after him is a little depressing, with McCann, Pastrnak, Kempe, and Goldobin.
Agreed with all of this.

I've been watching Bleackley since he was a 16 year old in the Dub. He never really displayed high hockey IQ in terms of playmaking, but also understand he has looked better than what is happening now. He was a Ryan O'Reilly in the making and I do think his defensive game is still at NHL quality. The problem is Avs drafted him for the full package, and so far he hasn't exhibited in none of the training camps in front of the coaches and is having serious issues scoring or putting up any points. Plus he looked dreadful when Avs requested he was put on wing last year as well. Majority of his points came when they put him back at centre. Maybe we're overrating his slow start, but that won't deterrent away all other players that Avs could have drafted.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
2 points in 6 games? I know it's early and the team doesn't score a lot, but at some point, you have to question just how much offensive potential he has. He's got a fantastic shot, but I've never really seen much playmaking from the guy, and if he's a center, that's going to be a problem. I never expected him to be a top 6 player by any means, but it's still concerning.

If he struggles to hit a PPG in his 19/20 year old season, then that raises serious red flags. I'd still sign him, but I do think he is trade bait moving forward for the Avs.

Just looking at the guys taken a few picks after him is a little depressing, with McCann, Pastrnak, Kempe, and Goldobin.

Ugh. I hate the draft. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad