Will Riley Tufte become a regular in the Avs lineup this season?

Will Tufte become a regular in the Avs lineup this season?

• Yes

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
One thing I think they gotta quit doing is trying to use Tufte as a top six option. He comes off way too hesitant and stands around a lot. If Bednar is going to use him it has to be as a straight-up grinder.

It's not all on Bednar though. Tufte himself has to do better.

Tufte on the 3rd line with Colton and Wood feels like it might be a great line.

All three play similar grinding down low styles, with good skating, and decent skill, while Wood and Tufte give that line a heavy presence. I think Tufte could add some decent IQ passing on that line for the other two as well.

Allows LOC to move back to the 4th line too.

Not sure if Tufte or Wood have played much RW though. Tufte might be the better option as Wood seems like a north south kind of guy, while Tufte occasionally likes to make plays with the puck.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
One thing I think they gotta quit doing is trying to use Tufte as a top six option. He comes off way too hesitant and stands around a lot. If Bednar is going to use him it has to be as a straight-up grinder.

It's not all on Bednar though. Tufte himself has to do better.
Disagree, using callups as pointless grinders is how you get nothing. They want him in an offensive role, he needs to remain in one. We saw what happened in the Stars org with him as a grinder which is nothing. Maybe he still is nothing in the top 6 but they don’t have anything better.

• Haha
Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Disagree, using callups as pointless grinders is how you get nothing. They want him in an offensive role, he needs to remain in one. We saw what happened in the Stars org with him as a grinder which is nothing. Maybe he still is nothing in the top 6 but they don’t have anything better.
Nuke started on lower lines and worked his way up.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Tufte really doesn’t look to have top 6 skill and he’s just not a sound enough player for 15 minutes. Which makes him a liability in that role. If he’s to stick longer term, he’ll have to find a bottom 6 role.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Tufte really doesn’t look to have top 6 skill and he’s just not a sound enough player for 15 minutes. Which makes him a liability in that role. If he’s to stick longer term, he’ll have to find a bottom 6 role.
It's not like we have better options. Might as well keep him in the top 6 for more than 2 games before we make that decision.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It's not like we have better options. Might as well keep him in the top 6 for more than 2 games before we make that decision.
Tatar and Drouin are both better options. They suck, but have some skill and are at least NHLers.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
They're not playing like NHLers right now.
They haven’t played great certainly. Doesn’t mean Tufte is better. He looks bad in the last game and he’s never really shown anything in the NHL. Asking for 15 minutes from him is simply asking too much.

Reactions: Nihiliste

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
They haven’t played great certainly. Doesn’t mean Tufte is better. He looks bad in the last game and he’s never really shown anything in the NHL. Asking for 15 minutes from him is simply asking too much.
I say let the Tufte dice roll, because the cards that are Tatar and JD have been f***ing us all season.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I don't see a downgrade from Drouin/Tartar to Tufte. I just see a younger version of a player being asked to do more than their skillset will allow.

I don't believe any of them are a top six winger. So what do you do? You pick the one who has a skill that will be more benefit to their line than the others. Is that Drouin's passing? Is that Tufte's size/physicality? Is it Tartar's cloak of invisibility?

Stay tuned campers, we'll find out...

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I agree that throwing him out there for 5-7 minutes as a 4th liner is pointless. Split the difference, try him with the third line and see what happens.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The reason why Tufte did so well in the AHL is they gave him that offensive chance. His 35 points fourth year pro in the AHL isn’t any better than what they had in their own system. Either commit to it or don’t. If you want a grinder sign Kiviranta and call him up, he’s better suited for that.

They we’re missing a top 6 forward to begin with, Drouin and Tatar ain’t it, now with Lehky out they are down 2. Olausson is pretty much the only other option. Though I think Colton is going to eventually be the Lehky solution however long it takes them to get there.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
The reason why Tufte did so well in the AHL is they gave him that offensive chance. His 35 points fourth year pro in the AHL isn’t any better than what they had in their own system. Either commit to it or don’t. If you want a grinder sign Kiviranta and call him up, he’s better suited for that.

They we’re missing a top 6 forward to begin with, Drouin and Tatar ain’t it, now with Lehky out they are down 2. Olausson is pretty much the only other option. Though I think Colton is going to eventually be the Lehky solution however long it takes them to get there.

True

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
True. Better than MacD.
I hope there is a team that wants him, or at least doesn't object to him being included in a deal at the deadline.

Kurtis has a long road to reach NHL Playoffs ice. Parise, Nuke, the potential of Landy coming back, the increased depth by whatever deadline deals we make, Kivi, Tufte, Meyers, not to mention Kovalenko coming over...all of these pieces fit above MacDermid.

Between Girard, Manson, O'Connor and Wood, we really don't need any more pugilists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad