Will Riley Tufte become a regular in the Avs lineup this season?

Will Tufte become a regular in the Avs lineup this season?

• Yes

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Does Tufte become a regular in the Avs lineup this season? Or just a guy called up for a game every now and then that thrives in the AHL?

1699113868161.gif

Reactions: The Kingslayer

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I vote yes, if only because we need to get sick of Drouin's shit at some point

Tatar ain't doing himself any favours either

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
No.

It's possible he has a Nuke like breakout with us. You can kind of see that similar skill set and he's obviously tearing up the AHL at this point...

But history would suggest it doesn't happen and the odds are pretty strong against it. Playing it safe and saying nah it doesn't work.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Before Nuke's production really picked up, he was still playing a valuable role for us defensively. Watching Tufte skate, I don't see any reason why he can't do that as well. He's playing an NHL game out there.

Just like everyone else, I'd like to see him flourish offensively at the NHL level...but maybe not so much that we can't keep him. But then again, once we win the Cup this summer, he'll have earned the privilege to choose where he wants to play in my book.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Literally Sheldon Dries.
Dries is 5’9 and Tufte is 6’6 first of all. I hated Dries for every minute of his existence in the org. He’s just a non-descript career minor leaguer for whatever reason his occasional flashes have bought him some NHL time but he does absolutely nothing at an NHL level. It obviously remains to be seen if Tufte will ever become a NHL regular but he has at least some interesting tools. Drouin is closer to Dries than Tufte is.

Now to answer the question, Tufte probably needs a medium to long term injury to one of the forwards to stick but I think he will. Unless they plan to waive Drouin or Tatar he’s going to have to wait his turn.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
He's an NHL player IMO. His shot is NHL caliber, his skating/motor is NHL caliber for his size and he actually knows how to use his size. In the NHL, if you have NHL level skating, size and even one decent skill, you can stick around for a long while. However, we'll have to see if he keeps up this motor.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
The Ava said they wanted to beef up this summer. He fills that need. I’ve said it from jump he needs to make the team AFTER seeing him in preseason.

Really though what does AJ have to say…

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Should of been on the second line yesterday.

Also.. young players breaking in always give this team a boost. His play and effort level are a wakeup call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad