Blue Jays Discussion: Will play Texas in the ALDS (Playoff Avatars in Posts 1-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Loup, Carrera and Pompey are the flex spots on the roster

And they are the correct three. Let's do this.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
So apparently SN doesn't have rights to produce playoff games so we will be getting (I assume) the following feeds for games 1-4: Game 1 - FS1 / Game 2 - MLB Network / Game 3 - ESPN Sunday Night Baseball / Game 4 - FOX National.

Does MLB International do the entire postseason or just the World Series? Sure would be nice to get Gary Thorne, voice of the Orioles, for the Jays games. (PLEASE CALL HOCKEY AGAIN TOO GARY!!!)

"DRIVEN TO LEFT FIELD AAAAAAAAANNNNNDDDD GOODBYE! HOME RUN!

Source? Because I have seen nothing to support ESPN broadcasting Game 3 or "FOX National" broadcasting Game 4. According to the MLB web site, it is FS1 bringing both.

I think MLB International still does the World Series, but these days, I think Sportsnet takes the FOX feed so that they can simulcast it.

SpeakerForTheDead

Aug 2, 2005
Brampton/Chicago
25-man roster for the ALDS

PITCHERS

POS PLAYER THROWS
SP Marco Estrada RHP
SP R.A. Dickey RHP
SP David Price LHP
SP Marcus Stroman RHP
RP Brett Cecil LHP
RP LaTroy Hawkins RHP
RP Liam Hendriks RHP
RP Aaron Loup LHP
RP Mark Lowe RHP
CL Roberto Osuna RHP
RP Aaron Sanchez RHP

POSITION PLAYERS

POS PLAYER B/T
C Russell Martin R/R
C Dioner Navarro S/R
1B Chris Colabello R/R
1B Justin Smoak S/L
2B Ryan Goins L/R
3B Josh Donaldson R/R
SS Troy Tulowitzki R/R
IF Cliff Pennington S/R
OF Jose Bautista R/R
OF Ezequiel Carrera L/L
OF Kevin Pillar R/R
OF Dalton Pompey S/R
OF Ben Revere L/R
DH Edwin Encarnacion R/R

http://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/842361

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Pretty much what was expected for the roster.

I suppose I could go back to the 1st page and remove the non-playoff avatars, but screw it. If someone wants to rep hutch or buehrle that badly, I'm not gonna stand in their way.

But no, thorntonfan, that doesn't mean I'm making a Jonathan Diaz one now :P

LaCarriere

25-man roster for the ALDS

PITCHERS

POS PLAYER THROWS
SP Marco Estrada RHP
SP R.A. Dickey RHP
SP David Price LHP
SP Marcus Stroman RHP
RP Brett Cecil LHP
RP LaTroy Hawkins RHP
RP Liam Hendriks RHP
RP Aaron Loup LHP
RP Mark Lowe RHP
CL Roberto Osuna RHP
RP Aaron Sanchez RHP

POSITION PLAYERS

POS PLAYER B/T
C Russell Martin R/R
C Dioner Navarro S/R
1B Chris Colabello R/R
1B Justin Smoak S/L
2B Ryan Goins L/R
3B Josh Donaldson R/R
SS Troy Tulowitzki R/R
IF Cliff Pennington S/R
OF Jose Bautista R/R
OF Ezequiel Carrera L/L
OF Kevin Pillar R/R
OF Dalton Pompey S/R
OF Ben Revere L/R
DH Edwin Encarnacion R/R

http://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/842361

No real surprises there I guess, other than maybe Carrera and Pennington. Pitchers and bullpen were pretty self explanatory.

I thought maybe Pennington might have played himself out of a position down the stretch with those couple errors / sloppy defensive plays, it seemed Gibbons was trusting Barney down the stretch, but I guess they still had Pennington above Kawasaki. Carrera had a spot all year on this team so I'm not totally surprised.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Hey guys, Oilers fan coming in peace... (I've always wanted to say that)

I was lucky enough to grab tickets for games one and two on Thursday and Friday. I booked our flights last week assuming the games would be in the evening...

We arrive in Toronto at 1:41 pm from Edmonton and my question is...

What is the fastest and most effective way to get from Pearson to The Grand Hotel, then from the hotel to Rogers Center? Is approximately 2 hours enough time assuming things go smoothly and there are no flight or traffic issues?

Your help is appreciated!

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Hey guys, Oilers fan coming in peace... (I've always wanted to say that)

I was lucky enough to grab tickets for games one and two on Thursday and Friday. I booked our flights last week assuming the games would be in the evening...

We arrive in Toronto at 1:41 pm from Edmonton and my question is...

What is the fastest and most effective way to get from Pearson to The Grand Hotel, then from the hotel to Rogers Center? Is approximately 2 hours enough time assuming things go smoothly and there are no flight or traffic issues?

Your help is appreciated!

The UP express train will get you relatively close to the Grand Hotel if you get off at Bloor station. It leaves every 15 minutes and it'd be 20 minutes to Bloor. If you're flying Air Canada, you can buy a ticket to the train on the plane for 10% off.

Subway south a couple stops from there and the hotel is a 10 minute walk from Dundas Station.

Back on the subway at Dundas or Queen station south to Union and follow the signs or the crowd to the Dome.

It'll be tight, but its possible that you could make it for the first pitch.

I'm assuming its the Grand Hotel and Suites on Jarvis.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
No real surprises there I guess, other than maybe Carrera and Pennington. Pitchers and bullpen were pretty self explanatory.

I thought maybe Pennington might have played himself out of a position down the stretch with those couple errors / sloppy defensive plays, it seemed Gibbons was trusting Barney down the stretch, but I guess they still had Pennington above Kawasaki. Carrera had a spot all year on this team so I'm not totally surprised.

Barney has never eligible for the playoff roster since he was acquired in September

With Tulo back I would have preferred Barney's glove off the bench over Pennington as well, but oh well.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Pretty much what was expected for the roster.

I suppose I could go back to the 1st page and remove the non-playoff avatars, but screw it. If someone wants to rep hutch or buehrle that badly, I'm not gonna stand in their way.

But no, thorntonfan, that doesn't mean I'm making a Jonathan Diaz one now :P

Supernatural-Dean.gif

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Guess no GDT for this game?

Houston has to make Tanaka get his pitch count up. There relievers for the most part have been shaky lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad