Blue Jays Discussion: Will play Texas in the ALDS (Playoff Avatars in Posts 1-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Jays15PO-Bautista1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Bautista2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Buehrle1a.gif
|
Jays15PO-Buehrle2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Carrera1.gif

Jose Bautista #1|Jose Bautista #2|Mark Buehrle #1|Mark Buehrle #2|Eziquiel Carrera #1

Jays15PO-Carrera2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Cecil1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Cecil2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Colabello1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Colabello2.gif

Eziquiel Carrera #2|Brett Cecil #1|Brett Cecil #2|Chris Colabello #1|Chris Colabello #2

Jays15PO-Dickey1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Dickey2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Donaldson1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Donaldson2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Encarnacion1.gif

R.A. Dickey #1|R.A. Dickey #2|Josh Donaldson #1|Josh Donaldson #2| Edwin Encarnacion #1

Jays15PO-Encarnacion2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Estrada1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Estrada2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Goins1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Goins2.gif
Edwin Encarnacion #2 |Marco Estrada #1|Marco Estrada #2|Ryan Goins #1|Ryan Goins #2

Jays15PO-Hawkins1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Hawkins2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Hendriks1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Hendriks2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Hutchison1.gif

LaTroy Hawkins #1|LaTroy Hawkins #2|Liam Hendriks #1|Liam Hendriks #2|Drew Hutchison #1

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Jays15PO-Hutchison2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Kawasaki1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Kawasaki2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Loup1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Loup2.gif

Drew Hutchison #2| Munenori Kawasaki #1 | Munenori Kawasaki #2 |Aaron Loup #1|Aaron Loup #2

Jays15PO-Lowe1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Lowe2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Martin1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Martin2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Navarro1.gif

Mark Lowe #1|Mark Lowe #2|Russell Martin #1|Russell Martin #2|Dioner Navarro #1

Jays15PO-Navarro2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Osuna1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Osuna2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Pennington1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Pennington2.gif

Dioner Navarro #2|Roberto Osuna #1|Roberto Osuna #2|Cliff Pennington #1|Cliff Pennington #2

Jays15PO-Pillar1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Pillar2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Pompey1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Pompey2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Price1.gif

Kevin Pillar #1|Kevin Pillar #2|Dalton Pompey #1|Dalton Pompey #2|David Price #1

Jays15PO-Price2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Revere1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Revere2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Sanchez1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Sanchez2.gif

David Price #2|Ben Revere #1|Ben Revere #2|Aaron Sanchez #1|Aaron Sanchez #2

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Jays15PO-Smoak1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Smoak2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Stroman1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Stroman2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Tepera1.gif

Justin Smoak #1|Justin Smoak #2|Marcus Stroman #1|Marcus Stroman #2|Ryan Tepera #1

Jays15PO-Tepera2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Tulowitzki1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Tulowitzki2.gif

Ryan Tepera #2|Troy Tulowitzki #1|Troy Tulowitzki #2

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Front Office, Coaches, variants, and overflow
Jays15PO-Anthopoulos1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Anthopoulos2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Gibbons.gif
Alex Anthopoulos #1 | Alex Anthopoulos #2 |John Gibbons
Jays15PO-Donaldson3.gif
|
Jays15PO-Donaldson4.gif
|
Jays15PO-Encarnacion3.gif
|
Jays15PO-Pillar3.gif
|
Jays15PO-Pillar4.gif
Donaldson (slide) | Donaldson (catch) | Encarnacion (wing) | Pillar (scale the wall) | Pillar (Superman)

Last edited:

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
So, apparently baseball isn't taxing on the body... you really do learn something new each day.

Trouba95*

So you guys who think it isn't taxing...how about Pillar laying out a million times this season to make highlight real catches on the hard turf? Or Martin getting down to block 95 mph balls. Not taxing?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Not as taxing as hockey, would you disagree with that?

That has nothing to do with the topic at hand .. But speaking from experience playing both, I would disagree with that. I've often been more hurt playing baseball than hockey.

Yeah, seems likely no one is happy the Jays have made the playoffs for the first time in 22 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Learn to be happy. Stop looking for something to complain about.

Yes, it would be nice if we could just enjoy being the division champs for the first time in 22 years.

Trouba95*

Divine, do you think fouling countless balls of your extremities doesn't hurt? OK.

mikebel111*

how is baseball not taxing? How come Tulo or even Reyes get hurt all the time. Or how about Jose who always deals with something. or Martin still not 100%.

I could go on and on

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
Yeah, seems likely no one is happy the Jays have made the playoffs for the first time in 22 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Learn to be happy. Stop looking for something to complain about.

How about if we dont make the playoffs for another 10 years then what? Why wouldnt u want to give yourselfs the best chance to succeed? Facing Texas then on the road possibly in KC i dont think is. Oh well i guess ill see what the Jays do tonight before i rly lose it :naughty:

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Well do u want to face a teams ace once, or twice? Thats more of the issue for me and facing Texas.

Hamels twice doesnt sound great even if we have Price. Gallardo also pitches us tough.

Blue Jays batters currently have this line against Hamels: 303/.357/.500/.857

Texas batters currently have this line against Price: .277/.317/.379/.696

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Divine, do you think fouling countless balls of your extremities doesn't hurt? OK.

Yeah, and getting hit from behind from a guy charging at you into the boards hurts as well. Fortunately, neither of those happen to the same players every single game.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
We still control our destiny. We win 2 or we win 1 and KC loses and we get home field advantage.

Also, there's no guarantee KC (or us for that matter) even advances to the ALCS. I can easily see the Yankees or Astros beating them.

One might say it's a bunch of bollocks

:laugh:

mikebel111*

this is what I would call a knockout point.:handclap:

how about Mark Teixeira getting hurt just by following a ball off his leg? but yeah baseball isn't taxing

Bigleaf

Jun 21, 2008
So you guys who think it isn't taxing...how about Pillar laying out a million times this season to make highlight real catches on the hard turf? Or Martin getting down to block 95 mph balls. Not taxing?

I don't doubt it's taxing. Of course it is. I still think most of the regulars should have played the second game of the doubleheader knowing they would be rested the next day and the sooner they wrapped up the HFA the sooner they would get more rest.

mikebel111*

How about if we dont make the playoffs for another 10 years then what? Why wouldnt u want to give yourselfs the best chance to succeed? Facing Texas then on the road possibly in KC i dont think is. Oh well i guess ill see what the Jays do tonight before i rly lose it :naughty:

I hope you go full me and say "Leafs core is better than Jays core":sarcasm:

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Trouba95 said:

Learn to be happy. Stop looking for something to complain about

Just because a team is horrible at something for long periods of times, doesn't make it an accomplishment.

It's like failing every test you had for 22 years, and then suddenly getting a 50. Just because you haven't done it in a while - doesn't change the fact that other teams do it every year and think nothing of it.

If they win the World Series, I doubt you'll see anyone complaining. Some people are satisfied with playoffs, others want the team to be optimally set up for a World Series.

Trouba95*

Not to mention, I think taking a swing is a lot more taxing than taking a shot in hockey.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Cant believe this is even a debate. The fact that this is even being discussed is kind of dumb

The bad weather messed everything up and sorry but resting the regulars in both games was a wise decision

The fact that we have to debate half the stuff we debate in this thread is dumb. Resting the regulars was the right move, Revere is a below average hitter, etc. This isn't hard to understand, people!

See and sometimes that's why I don't feel comfortable talking in here.

Why is it dumb? Like. honestly, why is it dumb?

In New York they played a doubleheader. Game 1 went into extra innings , so it was a very long/emotional game, 30 minute turn around, and then game 2 . this was to really solidify the division

In Baltimore, they had a doubleheader. Game one clinched the division. weather conditions, as far as I remember weren't bad. on the Wednesday. It wasn't raining. the only thing different was they clinched the division. the decision was basically "rest" the starters, play the B squad..

why? I would have figured the situation was exactly like the same thing we faced in NY. we had a chance to put serious ground over a team we were ahead by and at the time not that many games between us.

Again. (for me) this is NOT about them playing on Thursday. It's WHY didn't they play the double header. And if the answer is "what if Donaldson hurt himself on the 2nd game" well what happens if Donaldson hurt himself in game 1? or yesterday?

but, i don't want to debate something that seems dumb , so I'll drop it. It just doesn't make sense to me. the situation to me seems similar, it doesn't appear to make a difference, and instead of being in a position that we have to hope for a loss (or hope that we sweep), we could have potentially won (maybe we wouldn't have. but we won't know now will we).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad